No new long-term content since November?

in Living World

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

Is this right? The last long-term content we’ve seen since launch was the Fractals in November…

Since then it’s been all temporary content / events that only interest a certain amount of people at certain times (I loved the SAB, but detest the Living Story). When some of us don’t care to participate in the Living Story, we have nothing to do besides the same old content.

Can we at least get some new Fractals based off of the old events / content (SAB / MF Fractals) or something?

in Living World

Posted by: Solaxo.7409

Solaxo.7409

I would love to see some instanced 10 or 20 man runs using ascended gear for armor sets. Tie that into Fractals or make it a Raid in the Underworld or Ring of Fire!

Add some new sets of armor for WvW under ascended gear and tie that into ranks there as well! If there were options like all the dungeons sets have now that would rock!

Solaxo | [MF] Malum Factum – Officer
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I’d like to see some dungeon-style 5 man content where you do more than a kill a series of adds. More puzzle-like things and coordination along with killing stuff. The ghostbuster boss they added to AC was an alright start.

in Living World

Posted by: Quartz.3462

Quartz.3462

I really hate long term grind content so I’m glad they’ve kept it out of the game. much prefer living story since it feels the world is changing and won’t wait for you. I loved doing fractals the first few times but can’t stand to grind it. Same with CoF1. some new fractals would be nice though. I’m loving the emphasis on exploration in the new living story making me explore south sun cove. I never realised how pretty it was. might be because of the lag back last year when it was released.

Please don’t introduce raiding and other long term things that forces me to pay to experience more content. it’s the biggest reason I don’t play Mmos and the casual friendly exploration, adventure emphasis that keeps me playing GW2.

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Living Story isn’t only a personal mission like the Personal Story. It’s a broad range of content: events, jumping puzzles + exploration, a dungeon, achievements, a pvp minigame,…

To ignore all of this is like playing only half of the game. Temporary or not – there will always be a Living Story running with everything that comes along with it.

If there was no Living Story people would all hang out in LA to lfg or grind Orr… the way it is now Wayfarer Foothills, Diessa Plateau & now Southsun Cove felt/feel alive. No empty zones anymore. And new things each 2 weeks, so far from getting boring.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Living World

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

You’re right no new permanent content since November. Some people will come on here and tell you that’s not true because they added like 4 de’s or something months ago but since then we’ve not seen an improvement on the dragon timers or any new metas since then.

Living story is only an experiment according to Anet so I really don’t see this as the solution considering the tiny bit of content it is when they release the LS to us and how the rewards are all in the store pretty much via RNG boxes. That’s also a contraversial topic.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Living World

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Please do a search for threads that have “temporary” in the title not going to keep going through this

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When you read the other thread regarding this topic, you will find that the devs have stated a couple of times that permanent content will be introduced through the living story. So, nothing to worry about there. =)

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I do hope that they start giving us a mix, temp and permanent content. They don’t even need to be related to each other. To be honest, I’d prefer if new permanent content was “side stories” around the world that you can get involved in.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually Guild Missions are new permanent content. So is the PvP map they added. What you mean is new permanent content that doesn’t interest you, maybe.

I just came off doing three guild missions with my guild. We did the bounty and the trek, but we failed the rush (we were so close).

We had a lot of fun doing it, though. So to say there’s no new permanent content is misleading.

It is content not everyone is taking advantage of.

in Living World

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

Actually Guild Missions are new permanent content. So is the PvP map they added. What you mean is new permanent content that doesn’t interest you, maybe.

I just came off doing three guild missions with my guild. We did the bounty and the trek, but we failed the rush (we were so close).

We had a lot of fun doing it, though. So to say there’s no new permanent content is misleading.

Lets Be Clear here, Bug fixes and balances changes are in no way content.
4 things have been added that is permanent in terms of content
Fractals
2 Spvp Maps
Southsun Cove (which is debatable currently its actual worth, will see over the next month)
Guild Missions
Out of the whole bunch fractals is easily the biggest and most fleshed out as it provides lots of content to work through. The spvp maps have a fair amount of use also as Spvp is in desperate need of maps. But the rest……eh , Guild missions while fun dont offer nearly the same amount of content compared to Fractals or the Spvp maps.
Im not saying im against the living story, my point really is that the living story to me seems like a waste in that things just never return. Look at the molten weapon testing facility, that was a fun dungeon. Why couldn’t that be built upon and made into a full fledged dungeon rather then be tossed on the way side? I don’t want to see things simply go to waste.

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

in Living World

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

Living Story is basically anti-grind/farm.
- You can’t put it into the farming rotation because it’s not going to be there all the time.

For the most part this is an ideal way to do things around here, as this game is not made by blizzard, and lacks elves, orcs, raids, or two factions.

My only concerns are first the lack of Cantha and Elona, and second that the effects of Living Story need to stay around, or its hardly a changing world. So far that is somewhat happening – the refugees sparked the southsun thing. But the changes that stay need to also effect “static content” – like a random building being added or removed in a city here and there, or some NPC conversations updating to refer to things that have happened, and so on.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Living story is anti-grind/farm? That opinion is simply ignorance or fanboyism, you pick.

You are aware that you can do everthing that came with this last patch in about an hour, the next additions are on the 28th, and from now until then you have the choice of grinding for the consortium supply crates thingies from the cash shop, grind/farm crafting mats or farm DEs on southsun? That is the living content for these weeks. One hour entertaining new stuff followed by pure repetition.

Mind you thats ok with me. I like the living story and I like the content from the original game. I just see where his concerns are coming from, and they are reasonable.

The OP is right, too little permanent content has come from the living story changes so far, and it is important that we adress that so Anet considers their designs for the coming chapters. If you condense the living story chapters (all of F&F and this first part of SoS) you get a few days worth of playing. For half a year or more that is too little, even if you play through it.

I’m still in wait and see mode until August because implementing these changes takes time and this living story concept is still new, but Anet has to realize that they need to make permanent additions to the world alongside the living story. Ideally, through the living story even. F&F already missed a great chance by not leaving behind some aftermath of the invasion events or even explorable dungeon modes. Lets see if SoS had time to learn from that. I’m not worried if it doesnt, but the July/Aug/Sept updates really need to leave permanent additions behind or the rest of the game, outside of the ‘1 hour per week living story’ gets stale.

in Living World

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

It is content designed so that not everyone can take advantage of it. In fact you pretty much have to be in a large guild just to afford the costs of starting it. That’s another problem with Anet’s content design, not the players.

in Living World

Posted by: Sushihammer.4813

Sushihammer.4813

I actually haven’t played in a long while because the temporary content is annoying. If I’m going to play a game, it’s going to be on my time, not some sort of temporary schedule.

Not being on all the time regularly means I’ll miss stuff.
Therefore, I can plan on missing most of the new content, which as it seems, will
be temporary for the foreseeable future.

So, if I know I’m going to be missing most of any new content they put out, well, I’m not even really very interested in ever bothering to log on to check any of the temporary stuff out, even when I am able to.

It was a design plan meant to make players more interested, and really, all it’s done to me is make me less interested.

I know my opinion doesn’t have any weight, I mean, I already bought the game so Anet doesn’t care. I know I’ll be waiting several months to decide instead of pre-ordering though if a GW3 ever comes around.

in Living World

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Guild content is not for everyone, let’s make this change to the kind of content this thread is actually talking about.

Open-world, available-to-everyone, without-a-starter-cost, permanent, long-term content, equal in size and diversity to the FotM dungeons.

That’s what I think the OP is talking about and he’s absolutely right, people can come on here and argue semantics all they want but the fact remains we have not been delivered what we were told pre-launch this game would be, and no one can argue against that and actually be correct. There is a side issue of rewards for the content that exists not being what they should be too but that’s for another thread.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

First, you can’t say something like “no new content,” then be proven wrong (guild missions, new pvp map) and then say “guild content doesn’t count.” For many, guild missions are a huge (and extremely positive) addition to the game. It sorta invalidates the argument.

Second, there is another, very big, permanent addition to the game – the Living Story itself. While much of the individual content itself is fleeting, the story itself is ever present (and changing). As long as they are able to keep the momentum going – and the content enticing (which many think they are) – then this is a great use of development resources.

in Living World

Posted by: Sushihammer.4813

Sushihammer.4813

First, you can’t say something like “no new content,” then be proven wrong (guild missions, new pvp map) and then say “guild content doesn’t count.” For many, guild missions are a huge (and extremely positive) addition to the game. It sorta invalidates the argument.

Second, there is another, very big, permanent addition to the game – the Living Story itself. While much of the individual content itself is fleeting, the story itself is ever present (and changing). As long as they are able to keep the momentum going – and the content enticing (which many think they are) – then this is a great use of development resources.

Those are your opinions, which you are entitled to. Clearly though, a significant number of others do not share that opinion.
There’s no valid or invalid about it, since these are all peoples personal opinions on what constitutes interesting or valuable content.

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Those are your opinions, which you are entitled to. Clearly though, a significant number of others do not share that opinion.
There’s no valid or invalid about it, since these are all peoples personal opinions on what constitutes interesting or valuable content.

Valid points – as with most posts on these forums, it is more about opinion than anything else – and it ultimately comes down to the individual to decide their personal satisfaction with the game.

My point was, the statement “no long term content since November” is, as an absolute, incorrect, and when you start adding qualifiers “no long term content since November, not counting X, Y and Z,” you weaken the initial premise and change the nature of the discussion itself.

But regardless/either way, as you have noted, it comes down to personal opinion more than anything else – that is all that matters in the end.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

in Living World

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

Lets Be Clear here, Bug fixes and balances changes are in no way content.
4 things have been added that is permanent in terms of content
Fractals
2 Spvp Maps
Southsun Cove (which is debatable currently its actual worth, will see over the next month)
Guild Missions
Out of the whole bunch fractals is easily the biggest and most fleshed out as it provides lots of content to work through. The spvp maps have a fair amount of use also as Spvp is in desperate need of maps. But the rest……eh , Guild missions while fun dont offer nearly the same amount of content compared to Fractals or the Spvp maps.
Im not saying im against the living story, my point really is that the living story to me seems like a waste in that things just never return. Look at the molten weapon testing facility, that was a fun dungeon. Why couldn’t that be built upon and made into a full fledged dungeon rather then be tossed on the way side? I don’t want to see things simply go to waste.

Did you just copy and past what i said in another post?

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

in Living World

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

I agree with you… Nothing permanent since November.
It seems we are forced to play the “monthly theme” and we can’t step back to play whatever we like/want.
I wonder why they work so hard on all these new contents to remove them every month.
New players will never play a lot of cool things. And if they missed some achievements or items there is no possibility to get them.
This game need some permanent content to keep new and old players playing!

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

in Living World

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

I would love to see some instanced 10 or 20 man runs using ascended gear for armor sets. Tie that into Fractals or make it a Raid in the Underworld or Ring of Fire!

Add some new sets of armor for WvW under ascended gear and tie that into ranks there as well! If there were options like all the dungeons sets have now that would rock!

That’s the worst idea i have ever seen, ascended gear for accessories is already bad enough, the only thing they should do is make elite missions like in gw1 where you were 8 or 12.