Please Let Living Story Unlock account wide

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Once you have completed the story once, it should totally be unlocked for all your characters, so you can do achieves or whatever with different professions if u feel like it. It’s utterly pointless and monotonous to make each individual alt have to do everything again.

in Living World

Posted by: harrison fang.1874

harrison fang.1874

you want less loot?
and not being able to unlock the shoulder and whatnot?

necromancer (STUN)- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader of Aegis Shield [AS]-Tarnished Coast
Mjor of [CrSy] Cryptisyndicate

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Less Loot?? Yeh I have enough blues and greens thankyou….and I’ll do without the shoulders.

in Living World

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

But I want the shoulders in Light , medium and Heavy so if I want to do it again on all my chars ? Maybe give a option then ?

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The option to do achievements should be unlocked account wide once any character on your account does the content.

Players with lots of alts should be able to gain the reward for doing the content multiple times (a reward for spending more time in the game playing alts).

in Living World

Posted by: Clerical.3457

Clerical.3457

Well it is account unlocked.I just finished it on my guardian after which I checked my warrior and he is able to go ahead and do the story achievements.

Distinction in Applied Lagging

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Are you sure about that? So the little circle icons show up on your Warrior’s status bar indicating that he is eligible to do the achievements even though he wasn’t the one who finished the content first? (Because the achievements show up as unlocked as soon as you complete the story for the first time, but this is only half-true. Only the CHARACTER who had completed the content is eligible to complete achievements.)

in Living World

Posted by: Clerical.3457

Clerical.3457

Ah my bad then,saw the achievements unlocked in the hero panel so I thought I could do them on other chars.Oh well :/

Distinction in Applied Lagging

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I second this. If you WANT to complete it again for more loot then that’s fine, but you should be able to clear everything in one go, and you should be able to hop from mission to mission on your second character the same at the first.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I like it the way it is. Each part is short enough that doing it on another character isn’t that bad.

in Living World

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

I have 10 80’s… I don’t like camping one class/race and certainly don’t have the time to run living story 10 times. Please unlock this!

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Why? Personal story is character locked, and Living Story is the continuation of personal story… so it only makes sense to do the same with Living Story. Each character has to earn and progress their own story, its always been that way with GW, and always should be.

In addition, there is a bonus reward for completing an episode for the first time on each character, and that could only be earned once if it were account bound instead, so no thanks. I want to collect all variations of the armor.

in Living World

Posted by: MarySueLlama.8136

MarySueLlama.8136

I just saw the notice that Tangled Paths will only offer 2 weeks to unlock ‘free, permanent access’ to it. Please, Anet, for the love of all that is good in this world, make all of the living story content unlock account-wide. A lot of us are busy with our low-paying jobs, health issues, car issues, needy family members, pets with messy bowel issues, leaking roofs, and what have you; it would be nice if this game’s story content could be made equally available to everyone and not just people who have lots of free time. If there’s concern over account-wide unlock causing players to miss out on armor variations, then please just fix that issue somehow, so that both sides can be happy, I’m sure there must be a way to do it. Please?

Thank you for listening, much appreciated.

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I just saw the notice that Tangled Paths will only offer 2 weeks to unlock ‘free, permanent access’ to it. Please, Anet, for the love of all that is good in this world, make all of the living story content unlock account-wide. A lot of us are busy with our low-paying jobs, health issues, car issues, needy family members, pets with messy bowel issues, leaking roofs, and what have you; it would be nice if this game’s story content could be made equally available to everyone and not just people who have lots of free time. If there’s concern over account-wide unlock causing players to miss out on armor variations, then please just fix that issue somehow, so that both sides can be happy, I’m sure there must be a way to do it. Please?

Thank you for listening, much appreciated.

I think you’ve misunderstood slightly.

As long as you log in at some point during those 2 weeks the story is unlocked on all your characters forever. Even ones who aren’t level 80 yet. Even ones you create after that 2 week period.

(And if you don’t unlock it during those 2 weeks you can pay 200 gems and then you get access to it on all your characters, same as above.)

What people in this thread are complaining about is that in order to do the achievements you first have to complete the story on each character individually. If you’ve finished it on your elementalist you can’t then hop onto your warrior to do the achievements, you’d have to play through the whole story first.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

Personal story is per-character and this is a continuation of the personal story. Big NOPE.

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i think few people who replied to this thread didn’t read OP’s argument properly. what he meant is , once you have completed the LS episode with a character, the achievements for that episode should be able to be completed with another character doing the same story (all over again), without the need for that character to finish it like the first one.

he did not say that once the first character finished a ls episode, the story is done for all characters, no he did not say that. he was talking about the access to the achievement, which i second.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

No, please. Imo, we already have enough “account bound” stuff (e.g. explorer tab in achievments).

Playing the current story on a character it’s not a big issue, as you can play single episodes without having played the earlier ones (that is, I can play ep.5 without having to have played eps. 1-4 in the current LS). Going through a single episode is not very taxing or time consuming, and you don’t HAVE TO play them on all your characters, if you don’t want to.

It’s a-me, Aria!

in Living World

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Personal story is per-character and this is a continuation of the personal story. Big NOPE.

The extent to which it is personal anymore is negligible. There are usually a handful of lines that are race dependent… what are you really experiencing when you do it over and over again with different characters?

in Living World

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Most of you need to read this post. You completely misunderstood the OP.

i think few people who replied to this thread didn’t read OP’s argument properly. what he meant is , once you have completed the LS episode with a character, the achievements for that episode should be able to be completed with another character doing the same story (all over again), without the need for that character to finish it like the first one.

he did not say that once the first character finished a ls episode, the story is done for all characters, no he did not say that. he was talking about the access to the achievement, which i second.

in Living World

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

I have 10 80’s… I don’t like camping one class/race and certainly don’t have the time to run living story 10 times. Please unlock this!

I have totally 50 level 80’s… and I want to run LS with each and every one of them! So please do not unlock this!! I do like to run LS 50 times. Then I have good reason to play each and every of my characters.

Please Anet, keep LS as it is now. There are still those who really want to play LS with all characters, and love every moment of it

in Living World

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

+1 to OP. The need to repeat all the instances to get achievements at all is annoying enough (though I do at least understand it). But having to unlock the ability to get the achievements per character is just pointless.

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The rewards that come from doing the LS are usually pretty good so I don’t think it’s that big a deal to have to do the story over again to get the achievements. My only issue is listing and waiting for all of the dialog each time you do an episode. If we could skip that somehow I would be happier.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’d rather the achievements were available to be achieved the first time through. If repeats are necessary for conflicting achievements (set all traps/don’t set any traps), let me use any of my characters, not just the one that’s already been there and done that. That’s taking what should be fun and turning it into annoyance.

Enough with the unlocks on everything.

I’m a gamer, not a locksmith.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

I am just confused on this request. its not like you need to do all the achieves with every character.

if you are asking for once you complete the chapter that the whole thing be marked as complete so you can access any individual part of it at any time, then that is the equivalent of saying the personal story should have all the sections open and not have to be played in order either.

If you really feel you need a specific class to get one of the achievements or to pass a particular part of the story you may want to consider adapting how you are playing. Your build might not be ideal for the content. try actually changing some traits and weapons to react to what the encounter is vs trying to shove your square peg character into the round instance.

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

This isn’t the personal story. You don’t repeat the personal story over and over on the same character. The personal story has some degree of limited branching so that different characters can experience slightly different personal stories. It is, more or less, just what it says: personal.

This, on the other hand, is Living World. Living World is content doled out in such meager portions that without built-in repetition even the people who aren’t paying attention would begin to notice just how meager it all really is. It’s the same meager content whether one is playing a human guardian or a charr mesmer.

Having to do it once to unlock the achievements so that only the character that unlocked those achievements can do it all over again to — this time around! — actually earn those achievements is, at best, padding.

Padding in the form of used kitty litter, of course, but still padding.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Teraphas.6210

but once its unlocked the achievement is unlocked for all. its not like every charater has to do every challenge achievement.

Nothing says you have to do all the challenges with every character.

This is exactly like the personaly story. you can’t say oh i have played the claw island section on my other characters i should be able to just jump to the final battle. That is what the OP is asking for. to be able to jump to any part of any chapter.

most likely so they can just pick up the rewards at the end.

in Living World

Posted by: JerryMain.4371

JerryMain.4371

Indeed if you have done the story on one character and unlocked the achievements, you should be able to get the achievements on another character’s first run!

The Only One [One] – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

but once its unlocked the achievement is unlocked for all. its not like every charater has to do every challenge achievement.

This is exactly like the personaly story. you can’t say oh i have played the claw island section on my other characters i should be able to just jump to the final battle. That is what the OP is asking for. to be able to jump to any part of any chapter.

You are misundestanding. Ill give an example. My main is a necro so i do the Living story on my necro to unlock the achieves etc. Then i decide i would rather do my achieves with my warrior or another class. But before i can do that I have to do a full run through with the warrior or whatever class i want to use for achieves before i can attempt them. The op is simply asking for achieves to be doable on any character on the first play through but only after they have been unlocked in the hero panel.

Because of this issue ive started just doing everything on my necro which is kind of boring. Id like to get my achieves while also completing the LS on alts at the same time.

Do you understand now?

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Living World

Teraphas.6210

You are misundestanding. Ill give an example. My main is a necro so i do the Living story on my necro to unlock the achieves etc. Then i decide i would rather do my achieves with my warrior or another class. But before i can do that I have to do a full run through with the warrior or whatever class i want to use for achieves before i can attempt them. The op is simply asking for achieves to be doable on any character on the first play through but only after they have been unlocked in the hero panel.

Because of this issue ive started just doing everything on my necro which is kind of boring. Id like to get my achieves while also completing the LS on alts at the same time.

Do you understand now?

no that is what you are wanting to happen. The OP wants it to be totally unlocked as in the state its in after you finish the chapter letting you go into any instance within that chapter in any order. I’m tired of going in circles on this.

It still comes down to that all your characters should have to play thru the living story steps in full without skipping parts and then which ever one you want to do the achievements with will have to redo that section. be it the first character you go thru the living story with or the 8th. some character will have to do an instance twice. its not like you have to play thru the whole chapter twice with everyone.

in Living World

Posted by: Ztepam.9327

Ztepam.9327

My opinion is that after you completed with 1st character the living story, pop up a question to ask if we want to unlock account wide or just character soulbound, coz’ I have completed personal story and every living story with all my 8 characters until now… but I really wish to have that option to unlock it account wide please!
Thank you!