Rox and Taimi

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

So during the Concordia mission Rox makes an off-hand comment about how Taimi isn’t always right and when I read through my story journal the comment was apparently significant enough to warrant a mention. Have I missed something or is this foreshadowing of some future discord in the chapters to come?

What is the deal between Rox and Taimi?

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

They both want the BROham

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

And then the PC later on makes a point to Rox later on that Taimi got a lot of stuff right. I think it might be that Rox is unnerved by Taimi (understandable given her hero worship of Scarlet and headstrong nature) and is worried that Braham is blind to Taimi’s faults.

Given that it is mentioned in the journal my guess is that they are going to have things come to a head at some stage, either with Taimi taking exception to being thwarted by Rox, or Taimi getting in to trouble doing something that Braham should have stopped her doing.

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

here’s a screensnap if anyone doesn’t have it
did rox have a particular stance on going to concordia, i only remember her saying something about taimi.. and the player response was, yeah she’s a kid but she was right..

the only thing i can think of is they are both smart but taimi is less reserved.. i mean taimi jumped into a machine and We got zapped lol..
and this is just me, but when the game wanted our stance on meddling with the machine.. my first reaction was i need to talk with rox
then gw2 told me to speak with kasmeer and i was like immediate facedesk

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Taimi is going a bit overboard, and Braham dotes on her. If Taimi was a charr, she would have to tone down her snottiness. For Rox, we (I love how the player gets included in the “we”) are her warband, and behaving like Taimi does may get your warband killed. And she already lost one warband. Losing warbands isn’t fun.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I get the by-play between Rox and Taimi, actually. Rox was there ‘first’ and I get the distinct impression that she’s just a touch jealous of Taimi bulldozing her way in (and let’s face it, she did). I think she’s a tad insecure and may be worried that Braham may like / prefer / whatever Taimi to her, company / friend wise. In short, she’s not big on sharing her friend’s attention with the kid.

What I want to know is why, as the ‘boss’, I’m reporting to a freaking child. Asura she may be, but child she remains. She should not be calling the shots.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

What I want to know is why, as the ‘boss’, I’m reporting to a freaking child. Asura she may be, but child she remains. She should not be calling the shots.

Being an Asura is kind of a big deal. As soon as they can talk after birth, they’re practically smarter than the average human. :P

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

So during the Concordia mission Rox makes an off-hand comment about how Taimi isn’t always right and when I read through my story journal the comment was apparently significant enough to warrant a mention. Have I missed something or is this foreshadowing of some future discord in the chapters to come?

In the beginning of this LS, when Rox said she didn’t think Braham was weak, Taimi said “You thought it.”

“What?!”

“Oh, nothing.”

Not exact quotes, but close enough. I think that’s the root of the problem.

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

M Steel.2574

In the beginning of this LS, when Rox said she didn’t think Braham was weak, Taimi said “You thought it.”

“What?!”

“Oh, nothing.”

I think I remember that and it makes a lot of sense. Rox has taken it upon herself to be Braham’s caregiver after was injured. Given that she lost her warband she is being very protective of Braham—perhaps overly protective—now that she almost lost him too. Taimi thinks Braham can take care of himself and is ready to get back in the action. Rox thinks Braham should be taking it easy. That would certainly lead to some animosity.

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

“What?!”

“Oh, nothing.”

I think I remember that and it makes a lot of sense. Rox has taken it upon herself to be Braham’s caregiver after was injured. Given that she lost her warband she is being very protective of Braham—perhaps overly protective—now that she almost lost him too. Taimi thinks Braham can take care of himself and is ready to get back in the action. Rox thinks Braham should be taking it easy. That would certainly lead to some animosity.

The above, add the fact that Taimi is sort of a smart-alec know-it-all kid (tho I do really like Taimi) would definitely cause some animosity. Besides no female wants to be called “fat”. <smile>

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Rox has taken a mother-hen view of Braham. Taimi has a big brother mild-hero-worship view of him (not in the same sense as she has for Scarlet, but still).

Not only are the two viewpoints in conflict regarding his injury, but there is also jealousy over his attention, insofar as he is one of the only relationships either character has (Kasjory are friends with the other three, but they’re too into each other to bond closely with the other three right now, and the PC is necessarily sort of a bland nonentity).

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

M Steel.2574

Poor Braham . . . caught in the middle.

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

I really think Rox has romantic feelings for Brahm, and Taimi picked up on it easily and teases Rox about it. Rox denies having those feelings, so the whole “Taimi is always right” really rubs her the wrong way.

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

and this is just me, but when the game wanted our stance on meddling with the machine.. my first reaction was i need to talk with rox
then gw2 told me to speak with kasmeer and i was like immediate facedesk

Yeah. I didn’t like that I had to talk to Rox and Kasmeer re: stuff that should have been directed only to Taimi. All that wasted dialogue on someone who didn’t actually get it, I felt like I was the teacher talking to Kasmeer, telling her stuff and as she mimiced it back, she was the student trying to understand the points.

I keep putting my face in my hands wishing I had someone smart to talk to…oh wait a minute.

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Being an Asura is kind of a big deal. As soon as they can talk after birth, they’re practically smarter than the average human. :P

I did notice that, when I played through last week’s story quest on my non-Asuran engineer, Taimi had a few profession-specific words for me about steam minotaur design. But when I played on my Asuran non-engineer, she talked with my character at length about researching Scarlett.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I get the by-play between Rox and Taimi, actually. Rox was there ‘first’ and I get the distinct impression that she’s just a touch jealous of Taimi bulldozing her way in (and let’s face it, she did). I think she’s a tad insecure and may be worried that Braham may like / prefer / whatever Taimi to her, company / friend wise. In short, she’s not big on sharing her friend’s attention with the kid.

I completely agree. Taimi is actually making me start to dislike the Living Story. I would never interact with her the way they are writing. And I can’t imagine that any adult who is strong enough to do what my character has done would either.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Rox and Taimi

in Living World

M Steel.2574

She’s an asura. Even worse, she’s an asuran progeny. They tend to be bossy little know-it-alls by nature. I don’t really see the player character reporting to Taimi, rather, I see the player character humoring little miss bossy pants because she’s a useful kid and recognizing that she’s more useful working with the team than on her own causing mischief. Let’s face it, Taimi is going to follow Scarlet’s trail whether the player character, Zojja, Destiny’s Edge 2.0, or Progeny Protective Services wants her to or not, so we might as well put her enthusiasm to good use. Plus, she actually does seem to be the foremost expert on Scarlet and her tech, so it makes sense to defer to her on occasion—always keeping in mind that she’s a bratty little progeny who, like most asura, doesn’t always think about the consequences of her actions.

That said, as far as the whole Braham/Rox/Taimi thing goes, I thing Rox has to take a step back and realize that Braham is a big norn and can make his own decisions. That’s why I chose to side with Braham and take him with me at Concordia, confident in the fact that I could pick up the slack if his injuries took a toll. I feel like Rox is smothering Braham a little since facing Scarlet and that her past has made her especially sensitive. Braham is her new family. She is very protective of him, because she is afraid she might lose him too.

It’s probably also worth noting that most charr don’t have to deal with bratty children the same way other races do, because they are sent to the fahrar and become the responsibility of their primus. This could help explain why Rox finds Taimi especially frustrating.