Rytlock, Glint, Kralkatorrik, Balthazar

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

“I went to the Mists after my sword, but I found something else”~Rytlock

According to the book about the Dragons (Lore Forum) there is very intriguing thing. It’s written that Glint had the spear that can kill Kralkatorrik. She said that to Rytlock.

That’s kinda weird because in the Eye’s vision we saw that a dragon had been killed by… the spear…

Is this the spear that Glint had kept??

Why didn’t Rytlock kill Kralkatorrik? Did other members of Destiny’s Edge know?

_Is the spear still in Glint’s lair? Somebody stole it? Did Rytlock hide it?

Rytlock is hiding so many things… that makes me so upset…

Glint, the spear, Rytlock, Destiny’s Edge, Kralkatorrik, Aurene, Gleam, the Commander, Balthazar, Kormir. <—— Those are the most interesting things/characters in PoF.

I think all of us are wondering why the spell in Ascalon opened the gate to the Mists…

Did it even help to rid of the ghosts?

Or did he open it by his own will to get something? Maybe the spear is in the Mists?

Oh maaaaaan I have no idea what’s going on.

that is so complicated, but it seems Destiny’s Edge topic will return in PoF, even if it doesn’t exist anymore.

We are going to the places where the humanity was making its 1st steps, Gods, Glint, Kralkatorrik…

The point of this topic is that the spear can only kill Kralkatorrik and we are going to fight for it with Balthazar, the vision shows the past and the future, it also shows Balthazar and his mind, his point in the Crystal Desert, but his motivations are still unknown.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Why didn’t Rytlock kill Kralkatorrik? Did other members of Destiny’s Edge know?

Because Kralky recovered too fast so when Rytlock threw the spear he missed. The rest of DE were kinda there, minus Logan who had left and Snaff who died…

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Ok. I see.

So the spear is still somewhere in the Crystal Desert.

So wait… if Glint was telling the truth and only this can kill him, so if we rid of the spear… we are in the dead end, so if Balthazar will find it… wait what if one of Destiny’s Edge is a traitor, because Balthazar would have to know this secret of Glint and DE, so only they know..

Has somebody told Balthazar how to kill Kralkatorrik? If the spear can only kill him…

OMG.. Somebody will betray us!! Logan, Rytlock? Zojja is not likely. Or… Caithe…

Caithe… she is still betraying us? Is she working for Balthazar?
Or Rytlock… Did he meet Balthazar in the Mists?

That’s kinda scary. But I think we must prepare for the betrayal of somebody.

Maybe Kasmeer… She is so focused on the Gods so it’s likely she is able to serve her God…

I don’t know…

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t have EoD on me atm, but I think Rytlock took the spear with him. I doubt that the Spear is the only thing that can kill Kralkatorrik – it was a spear made from his own spines so it’s probably more a case of “his unique weakness is his own strength” like Mordremoth with his mind. This means any strong enough material would be able to pierce him, particularly strong materials made out of the same thing as his corruption.

While it’d be a nice nod for that spear killing a dragon champion to be the one Rytlock had, the description from what I recall was fairly different (Rytlock complained about the spear being hard to use and being poor at killing Branded, while the one in the cinematic which was long but thin and easily killed that dragon).

Caithe was never betraying us, btw. This was poor writing melodrama – sylvari are turning traitor, we don’t know which sylvari to trust, omg Caithe is acting mysteriously she must have turned oh wait no she didn’t she was just acting how she always has (which is why Logan was 100% non-chalant about her taking the egg when we told him in S2E8).

Whether Rytlock met Balthazar in the Mists or not – it’s a possibility, but he’s no traitor, we can be sure of that. He is, after all, a charr. But Sohothin is undoubtably going to play a big role in PoF as it got a retroactive model update from this appearance to this appearance.

Last time I recall models getting retroactively updated was the Losaru centaurs in Prophecies being upgraded to match the Velderunners of Nightfall.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I just finished reading EoD again last night, and Rytlock only got half a chance to use the spear. Snaff was overrun by minions while shutting down Kralkatorrik’s mind; when the connection was broken, Rytlock was still running toward him. So instead of using all his muscle and body weight to pierce the dragon’s heart, Rytlock threw the spear and it just bounced off, into the crater where Kralk landed. So it’s likely buried under sand, glass, and minions…until we get to it.

Reading the book again made me wonder if there is still a part of Snaff’s mind inside Kralkatorrik’s. He was pretty far in there, and made the dragon fall out of the sky, all while connected using power stones made from the dragon’s blood. I’d also like to know what Caithe did with all of the green droplets she picked up from the dragonbrand. I’ve waited this long, hopefully some answers will come when we get to the desert.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Reading the book again made me wonder if there is still a part of Snaff’s mind inside Kralkatorrik’s. He was pretty far in there, and made the dragon fall out of the sky, all while connected using power stones made from the dragon’s blood.

That’s been my tin-foil-hat theory since reading the book, way before launch! Somehow we’ll get help from inside Kralkatoriks mind, Snaff still being that little itch you just can’t scratch to the dragon.