SPOILER: Taco is that you?!

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Is Mord corrupt Taco to fight for him or Taco betrayed his master Zhaitan and now fight for Mord?

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

That dragon you are referring to is a separate entity…seen in the Sylvari characters first mission before going into the world.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

in Living World

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

The dragon looked like Taco with some salad^^

in Living World

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

They just share a similar model, otherwise they’re completely different creatures. As already mentioned, it appears in the very first instance of the Sylvari personal story anyway.

in Living World

Posted by: cillercammy.8064

cillercammy.8064

This actually really bummed me out.

Tequatl, the claw of Jormag and the Shatterer all look great and unique to their specific elder dragons. Then we get the shadow of Mordremoth who looks like a re-skinned Tequatl. While the boss fight was fun, I was really hoping to see something more unique.

Either way I’m excited to see where the story goes from here..

in Living World

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

The dragon looked like Taco with some salad^^

Oh god, kittening beautiful. That statement…

…kittening beautiful. I love you. <3

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Shadow of the Dragon was originally just a representation of Zhaitan, it was meant to look like Zhaitan’s champions. Why they reused his model, I can only guess as yet another sad attempt to please the masses, done in the (imo) wrong way.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

It kind of looked like the Dragon thingy you fight in The Dream from the Sylvari starting instance.

/shrug

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

…That’s because it is the same creature, only now in the flesh (well..planty dragon flesh) and not bound by being a tutorial boss.

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The Shadow of the Dragon was originally just a representation of Zhaitan, it was meant to look like Zhaitan’s champions. Why they reused his model, I can only guess as yet another sad attempt to please the masses, done in the (imo) wrong way.

Not necessarily. It’s quite possible that Sylvari characters misunderstood their wyld hunt as “kill Zhaitan.” when in reality, it had to do with Mordremoth.

Understandable, since Mordremoth hadn’t awoken and no sylvari was aware of its existence yet.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

To start, I’m not correcting you here. I’m simply speaking out of my experience in seeing this pattern across multiple IPs and genre of games. Borrowing models isn’t anything new, it saves time. Just copy and paste. That’s why the stairs for the Mursaat were the same, just different coloring, to those found in the Underworld despite there not being any obvious connection between the Mursaat and Grenth. It’s actually fairly common and while I agree that its lazy, Anet isn’t the first nor will they be the last.

However…

…yet another sad attempt to please the masses

Konig, are you seriously going to throw tantrums every time something doesn’t go according to what you thought? Blaming the devs because you over thought something or didn’t think enough on it, is disingenuous. I may disagree with you on a lot and critique you for your own opinions but behavior like this is flat out childish. There’s no excuse for it.

To start with:

The Shadow of the Dragon was originally just a representation of Zhaitan, it was meant to look like Zhaitan’s champions.

Ok, lets think about this. Since day one Crucible of Eternity had reference to Mordremoth (through the use of a jungle section and the name of the skill). That being said, nothing was brought to the player characters attention… they wouldn’t know what name a skill was. Lore in the game however speaks of the wild life in the Meguumas receding back as if something was stripping it and feeding, a jungle dragon.

This is where Mordremoth’s name becomes a controversial topic because the name was never mentioned yet suddenly out of nowhere our character knows. That’s fair, it was planted poorly and the devs of course recognized that.

But the problem is, many of those closest to the Pale Tree had no knowledge of Mordremoth (as seen in DR:EP1 where the Pale Tree asks to be alone with you the player). With that I do assume that Caithe had no knowledge during the prologue for the Sylvari. Making her interpretation questionable, all characters (as explained in another thread) are capable of error. Even Caithe. Now we don’t know what Scarlet was getting at (“Caithe, someday you will see that Tyria needs me.”) but Scarlet’s rise was after the fall of Zhaitan so it can be inferred that Caithe found out along the way or that Scarlet, through her discoveries, tried to approach Caithe specifically and Caithe dismissed her. The point is, the Wyld Hunt is subjective and I don’t think that was Zhaitan’s minion at all – Caithe made an error in attributing that dragon with Zhaitan because she had no knowledge of Mordremoth. Misinterpretation, through and through.

In closing, I’m all for calling out anybody who makes mistakes. Give credit when credit is due and all that jazz. During Episode 2, yes I was right there displeased with the name-drop and felt it was tacky and done poorly. I believe their excuse but that still doesn’t fix the problem that still, to my knowledge, exists and needs to be fixed. However, throwing in the towel as it were and crying a fit that they’re doing this for fan service… throwing a tantrum isn’t going to do you any favors. You took something directly which was highly subjective and then feel slighted because you were mislead even if their intention was never to mislead the players. It’s not right and it’s definitely not fair, be constructive with your criticism not destructive.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Not necessarily. It’s quite possible that Sylvari characters misunderstood their wyld hunt as “kill Zhaitan.” when in reality, it had to do with Mordremoth.

Understandable, since Mordremoth hadn’t awoken and no sylvari was aware of its existence yet.

Trahearne said in this episode that he knew no more about Mordremoth than the player. The Pale Tree mentioned something similar last episode. While the Pale Tree may have known a little bit more than Trahearne, I think it was more so she was learning as the events were unfolding and attributed this dark feeling to Mordremoth’s wake. Which would, as you say, mean that at during the player story for the Sylvari; no one knew a single thing until Scarlet arrived.

To use my common analogy, were Mordremoth responsible for The Nightmare – his influence would be so subtle that it was like he were grasping the pot but not putting his hands into it. The PT’s protection acts as a barrier, much like how our magnetosphere protects us from solar radiation. For a while, man never knew what caused the auroras.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

in Living World

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

…That’s because it is the same creature, only now in the flesh (well..planty dragon flesh) and not bound by being a tutorial boss.

Oh.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

All of the dragon bosses use the same basic model, for the record.

in Living World

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Only in GW2 whinarium!

THIS NEW DRAGON JUST RESKINNED TEQUATL WTF

OTHER DRAGONS ARE UNIQUE WHY THIS LOOKS LIKE TEQUATL?

All of the dragon bosses use the same basic model, for the record.

Attachments: