[SPOILERS!] The Voice in the new trailer is..

in Living World

Posted by: Runo.2759

Runo.2759

You know who I think that the voice in the Origins of Madness trailer is?

Abaddon.

And here’s exactly why I think that:
*In the Thaumanova Reactor Fractal, Scarlett steals Dragon Energy from the reactor. Remember that Abaddon’s powers were completely drained in Guild Wars 1. Perhaps she’s seeking to empower Abaddon again, making her an agent of Abaddon.
*We don’t know exactly what is powering Scarlett’s clockwork minions, right? What if it’s Dragon Energy… or perhaps they were empowered by Abaddon himself.
*Scarlett is mad. (Note that one little keyword: MAD) That much is clear. But yet, she is a sylvari dedicated to her ‘own’ cause — without being aligned with either the Pale Tree or the Nightmare Court.
*Abaddon could have a vendetta against Tyria for his fall… his return could signal the end of Tyria!
*…or he is more benevolent than we imagine (he did grant the gift of magic to all the races after all) and wishes to return to fight off an impending Elder Dragon attack. Scarlett could be a mere puppet of his. He IS the god of secrets, after all — who’s to say we know his intentions?
*The opposite Fractal directly involved Abaddon and his fall. There’s a lot of Abaddon focus here.
*"Abaddon"(?)‘s voice has a filter on it… one that is eerily similar to the voice filter applied to Kormir’s voice when she drains his power at the end of the Abaddon’s Gate quest in GW1. [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA01QlEFuwY ]
*Abaddon was transforming part of the Crystal Desert into another realm (of Torment), but for obvious reasons, this maddening transformation was interrupted…

Feel free to discuss your thoughts and feelings here! I know a lot of people feel like Abaddon is bound to return to and Scarlett may be involved — so I’m all but positive the voice in the trailer is Abaddon.
(Sorry if this was already brought up!)

(edited by Runo.2759)

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

:(

Unfortunately, Jeff Grubb has confirmed in an interview years ago (in 2007 or ’08) that Abaddon had been killed for good.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Abbadon is dead. I killed him myself. I watched his power, unbound from him on death, run wild and threaten to rip Elona apart. I watched as Kormir stepped into that power and a mortal became a god. The Mad God was slain; all that remained of him is part of Kormir now.

I killed that kitten a couple times over. I even danced on his bridge. If they bring him back I will be right kittened.

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

I would love for this to be the case and I hope it is but didn’t Anet claim that Abaddon was “dead, dead” meaning he will never return?

He was my favorite villain out of all the gw1 games and gw2 game (so far). I want him back!

in Living World

Runo.2759

Yeah, but I mean, that was in Guild Wars 1; they could bring him back for GW2 — who’s to say death means much to a God… especially one abusing a minion to bring himself back?

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Yeah, but I mean, that was in Guild Wars 1; they could bring him back for GW2 — who’s to say death means much to a God… especially one abusing a minion to bring himself back?

ok, since you seemed to have just skipped right over the post I’m gonna quote it again for you:

Jeff Grubb has confirmed in an interview FOR GW2 years ago (in 2007 or ’08) that Abaddon had been killed FOR GOOD.

in Living World

Posted by: AeriaElara.4297

AeriaElara.4297

The voice is obviously [insert your favorite Elder Dragon here].

in Living World

Runo.2759

I read it, and I apologize if my response somehow ticked you off but the point still stands: “dead” doesn’t mean they can’t ever come back. Not to mention that interview is over five years old and they may have changed their minds. (I’ve never read the interview, so I can’t claim to know its context)

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Abaddon is dead, both he and his power were absorbed by Kormir when she ascended to godhood. Upon absorbing his power his will was destroyed. <— Official information directly from IN NIGHTFALL. If they retconned lore that players have played there would be massive uproar…

Abaddon is gone for good. He absolutely cannot ever come back. The only way you are going to see him is in a fractal – which they’ve said they probably won’t make since people elected Ellen rather than Evon.

The voice is most likely like the voice used in all of the other update trailers for the living story – it’s just a random voice.

in Living World

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

I’m excited ‘cause it very possibly could be Mordremoth. The jungle dragon is something that the inquest have been studying with along with all the other dragons, but he hasn’t shown himself yet. In the trailer there is a giants green goo spewing vine wurm, and poison and the vine wurms seem to be associated with the Jungle Dragon. Also Scarlet has spent some time in Twilight Arbor which also has a connection to the dragon.

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

It would make sense for the new Asuran hero to understand Scarlet, to have a connection with her, thus drawing him into the fray. The voice seems both omnipotent to Scarlet’s scheme and sympathetic to our plight, thus meeting both those factors and becoming a perfect companion in our struggle. Furthermore, if he is the voice, it will also serve as an introduction. Now i’m not saying the voice must be a character, it is more than likely their new direction in narration(perhaps they thought him more epic?), but if he is to be a character, than id say there’s a high chance its the new Asura.

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

^— Agreed. IF the voice is anyone it would be the new Asura. But it is most likely just an omnipotent out of world narrator.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I’m excited ’cause it very possibly could be Mordremoth.

I am hoping that it is Mordremoth or at least someone within the game not just a narrator. That certainly sounds like a villain I want in the game. Dark, evil and not crazy and childish.

off topic but that music at the beginning totally sounded like a remake of the Final fantasy VII combat music.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Or he could be the fabled “Awkwardly terrible voice actor that wants to makes trailers look awesome but fails” boss, short for the dreaded “A.T.V.A.T.W.M.T.L.A.F.”. Or so the legend goes.

PS. Don’t think he is an Asuran because of 2 reasons:
- The voice is literally the opposite of any asura (dead or alive)
- The dialogue itself indicates it’s not a friendly voice.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in Living World

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Sorry every1, but its just a random dude with a distorted voice to sound awesome and menacing with absolutely no relation to ANY character or monster or anythingto what is actually IN the update or any updates in the future. Its somewhere in this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42x4P8QOliM

Thats the most major bummer. I wish trailers would stop showing and sounding off things that are not in the kitten content that they advertise. Its always goingto be a disappointment if you overhype expectations with things only made for the trailer.

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

The Voice in the new trailer ACTUALLY is… the narrator.

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I’d prefer Dhuum than Abaddon, to be honest. I just like him more…it may be because I got to see him ban people in GW1, but I miss the guy.

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Scarlet does not appear to be about death or undeath, which is Dhuum’s domain. If it is one of the fallen gods, Menzies (pretender god of strife) is the more likely candidate. After all, Scarlet is raising alliances in order to sabotage the unity of the five major races.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hmm.. WP said in the video that reviewer from Eurogamer interview actually asked if the voice is the dragon.
And, sadly, they replied : “No, not dragon”

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I would love for this to be the case and I hope it is but didn’t Anet claim that Abaddon was “dead, dead” meaning he will never return?

He was my favorite villain out of all the gw1 games and gw2 game (so far). I want him back!

Hell if in Path 2 COF they can resurrect Balefire who was ascending as a god they sure as hell can resurrect abandon maybe that is the technique she took from the flame legion.

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Hmm.. WP said in the video that reviewer from Eurogamer interview actually asked if the voice is the dragon.
And, sadly, they replied : “No, not dragon”

Perhaps it’s the three headed wurm, a champion of the Jungle Dragon.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Scarlet does not appear to be about death or undeath, which is Dhuum’s domain. If it is one of the fallen gods, Menzies (pretender god of strife) is the more likely candidate. After all, Scarlet is raising alliances in order to sabotage the unity of the five major races.

Oh I wasn’t implying I think it is Dhuum – I don’t think it’s Abaddon, either. If they were going to bring a God (or ex-God more appropriately) back, though, I’d rather it be Dhuum.

So far, though, we’ve had 3 ‘mysterious’ voices in trailers. A female one, one that sounds like a sylvari and one that sounds like he needs cough medicine. I don’t think they’re even necessarily characters. They could just be voice actors they brought in for other roles that had the time to narrate a batch of trailers.

in Living World

Posted by: Ravious.4269

Ravious.4269

Be awesome if it was Kormir gone insane.

Kill Ten Rats – an MMO blog

in Living World

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

The lore can twisted as wanted, so could be Kormir corrupted by Abaddon’s power but I don’t think so. We’ll see who it is.

in Living World

Thalador.4218

It’s lovely to see how everyone wants the gods and the old evils… not like ANet will ever notice* – they are too busy stroking their ego with this “success” and that “success” – but it’s shows how much of a letdown the current antagonists are… especially Scarlet. (The Elder Dragons might actually turn out to be something cool – though given the writing’s track record I’m starting to doubt that. But even then, the fight with Zhaitan didn’t help in reinforcing that feeling.)

*In case they do, may it be the last nail in the coffins of all future LS nonsense that want to build on plots of Scarlet’s magnitude.

A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Living World

Posted by: Yaj.5973

Yaj.5973

It might possibly be the Mursaat.

in Living World

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

^— Agreed. IF the voice is anyone it would be the new Asura. But it is most likely just an omnipotent out of world narrator.

If that huge, deep, rumbling voice is coming out of an Asura, I will pee myself laughing.

Even if he’s using a voice changer, that’d be really funny.

in Living World

Posted by: Kebtiz.8370

Kebtiz.8370

Weren’t the last of the Musaat hunted down in the after events in GW1? Margonites might be more likely, and there is a lot of fun stuff that could involve them. But with the Scarlet stuff going on my money is on a Lieutenant of Mordremoth.

in Living World

Posted by: Yaj.5973

Yaj.5973

Weren’t the last of the Musaat hunted down in the after events in GW1? Margonites might be more likely, and there is a lot of fun stuff that could involve them. But with the Scarlet stuff going on my money is on a Lieutenant of Mordremoth.

Most were believed to be dead. Lazarus the Dire was the last known one that split himself into different entitites and tried to rejoin.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lazarus_the_Dire

Look at the very bottom:
It is possible that he may make an appearance in Guild Wars 2.

Teaser that he “may” appear. It never states he was killed, just weakened. although this is 250 years later. It doesn’t state much about how they age or how they live. So maybe he was able to somehow create more Mursaats overtime? Or, the power was transferred from one host to the next allowing him to live on?

If anet was going this route. They can tie the Mursaats back in with FOTM, afterall Agony and infused armor are basically a nod at Spectral Agony and Infused armor in gw1.

(edited by Yaj.5973)

in Living World

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

Your guessing and theorycrafting isn’t worth a “spoiler” warning. Use it only if it’s official information that contains spoilers.

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

Margonites are not likely at all… They were minions of Abaddon who were brought into Tyria by Varesh Ossa. They’re goneeeeee.

in Living World

Posted by: Excel.7314

Excel.7314

My first thought was Abaddon as well, but as much as I’d like to see that happen I doubt they’ll bring him back. Assuming it isn’t just Token-ominous-narrator-voice, and is actually a character, I think it could be (read: I hope it will be) Menzies.

The guy fits the bill as potential “power that was manipulating Scarlet all along”, and I’m all for bringing more of the gw1 lore into gw2.

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

I don’t see how Menzies would fit the bill at all.
Also considering the absence of the other, full, gods in the presence of the dragons – I am pretty sure menzies would stay away from Tyria.

in Living World

Delvoire.8930

What if it’s Grenth?

I was doing some map completion in Lornar’s Pass last night in preparation for next week and came across a nice large statue of Grenth there. Maybe it’s his voice?

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Grenth left Tyria, along with the other gods. It’s not Grenth.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Delvoire.8930

Grenth left Tyria, along with the other gods. It’s not Grenth.

I know that…..

They can’t come back, huh?

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

They can’t come back, huh?

Only if some of the old writers from GW1 come back.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

It’s certainly not Abaddon, as we’ve already thoroughly established on these forums since the beta weekends (and before, in NF itself) that he is quite dead.

But the point about the Mursaat is intriguing, Anet has mentioned that they may bring back mursaat in the future in some form and there has been no mention since. They didn’t kill them all off, either. So far we know about Lazarus the Dire, but were all mursaat really that dedicated to being allied with (i.e. controlling of) the White Mantle? Somehow I doubt that an entire race would dedicate themselves to a human governing entity. There were likely mursaat that avoided being involved in the whole conflict in GW1 and we know that they are an elder race so there could possibly be more to them than we know.

On the other hand, nothing points to them at all in this story so it’d be pulling them from nowhere. I do maintain, however, that mursaat are still on the table and are always possible for future living story/expansions.

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

It’s certainly not Abaddon, as we’ve already thoroughly established on these forums since the beta weekends (and before, in NF itself) that he is quite dead.

But the point about the Mursaat is intriguing, Anet has mentioned that they may bring back mursaat in the future in some form and there has been no mention since. They didn’t kill them all off, either. So far we know about Lazarus the Dire, but were all mursaat really that dedicated to being allied with (i.e. controlling of) the White Mantle? Somehow I doubt that an entire race would dedicate themselves to a human governing entity. There were likely mursaat that avoided being involved in the whole conflict in GW1 and we know that they are an elder race so there could possibly be more to them than we know.

On the other hand, nothing points to them at all in this story so it’d be pulling them from nowhere. I do maintain, however, that mursaat are still on the table and are always possible for future living story/expansions.

I don’t think it’s so much about being dedicated to the White Mantles cause – but possibly you have to question whether they would be willing to sit back while the player character in GW1 slaughtered their high ranking officials and a ton of their friends. xD. But I definitely think the Mursaat are prime candidates for LS in the coming years. The living story seems to be designed to offer non-dragon related content to bridge the time gap between the killing of dragons, so the Mursaat make for a pretty good enemy.

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

:(

Unfortunately, Jeff Grubb has confirmed in an interview years ago (in 2007 or ’08) that Abaddon had been killed for good.

If Anet wants to go this route, they can use a “child of Abaddon” or “successor of Abaddon”. With all his powers, he might have an escape plan somewhere.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

FlamingFoxx.1305

Abaddon did not have a child and his powers were absorbed by Kormir so he could not have a successor.

in Living World

Thalador.4218

Abaddon did not have a child and his powers were absorbed by Kormir so he could not have a successor.

cough Abaddon’s Dead Children cough

Of course, it seems likely he’s killed all of them, after all, they were rebellious teens.

However, there’s two things:

1.) Razah might be the pure, tabula rasa form of Abaddon, a Mists-copy of his mortal soul before his ascension to godhood.

2.) He’s the god of secrets, god kitten it! Why couldn’t he have (a) secret child(ren) from a hawt demoness, or Melandru, Lyssa, etc.? And before I go further, the “writing” team is going to see this and retcon the lore to make Scarlet Abaddon’s daughter.

/vomits

in Living World

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

no, it’s just a random guy they hired for the trailer

in Living World

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

It’s just the narrator, for crying out loud. Stop reading things into everything.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

…no one of any consequence.