Scritt tunnels and Norther silverwastes

in Living World

Posted by: Sehson.2930

Sehson.2930

Kitten Kittening Kitten Kitten…

Ok Devs please do not repeat this design flaw.

I want to finish the LW story goto mysterious cave, but oh wait I can’t the skritt tunnels are closed. and the mission to clear the skritt area of bandits is not up. Goto the skritt ambassador and he says oh you can open them if you help us. but this does not start the mission.

Devs, Pro tip. Never design an area that is required for stories or mission/quests that has player lock outs, that prevent player from accessing area when they want/ need to complete story/mission.

Far silverwastes has just that it can only be accessed by the skritt tunnels. There should be a way point in side that area, so once you make it there you can get back if the tunnels are closed so you can finish the story line.

It would not be so bad if talking to the ambassador would spawn the clear out bandit mission every time the tunnels are closed, but it doesn’t.

the original design of locking out area until completing specific story parts is fine because once that story part is complete you can access it

The leyline hub is fine because simply kill the inquest blocking the way and you get access.

Far silverwastes is locked out and dependent on????

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I believe the event is just based on a timer like most events in the game.

Regardless, I agree. I found it rather annoying to be locked out of story completion while waiting for some random event to pop up so I could actually get to the area and access the next story part, particularly since you have to go back there multiple times. It doesn’t take THAT long, but at the same time its just plain unnecessary to have to wait at all.

I don’t even think a waypoint would fix the problem, since you’d still end up waiting the first time. I think the better idea would be to simply leave it open at all times. Leave the shortcut tunnels tied to the event, but that particular tunnel leading to the Far Silverwastes should be open all the time.

in Living World

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

ah, and there was I issuing bug reports … sigh!

in Living World

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

It’s actually my least favorite thing about Silverwastes, because it simply NEVER fails. You’re having fun defending Amber or Blue (or doing anything really in western Silverwastes) and suddenly 8 Terragrifs all keep charging and you die. Annoying, but not as annoying as having both the Hidden Depths waypoint contested and the tunnels closed.

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t even think a waypoint would fix the problem, since you’d still end up waiting the first time. I think the better idea would be to simply leave it open at all times. Leave the shortcut tunnels tied to the event, but that particular tunnel leading to the Far Silverwastes should be open all the time.

A WP would at least avoid making it a repeated problem.