Season 2 Living Story

Season 2 Living Story

in Living World

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Can someone please kindly explain to me how to get the season 2 episodes? I am a little bit confused. Do I need to finish my personal story first or season 1? Or do I need to buy the feature pack, except that it only has the first few episodes?

Id like to get some of the ascended sinister trinkets but I don’t how how to start the episodes.

Thank you!

Season 2 Living Story

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

As Season 1 was entirely temporary content, you do not have to have played that season prior to playing Season 2, nor the personal story (though personal story is recommended, as some dialog with reference events that occurred there).

With that said, if you have not logged in since before August 2014 and after February 2015, then it is likely you don’t have any of the 8 episodes unlocked for Season 2. But as Season 2 was introduced permanently, all you need to do is purchase each episode either separately from the Black Lion Trading Company for 250 gems each, or as a discounted bundle.

If you did log on between August 2014 and February 2015, you might have some of the Season 2 episodes already unlocked (at which the discount price will adjust accordingly).

Alternatively, you can tag along with another player that has all the episodes unlocked and play through the story instances with them (although you won’t get any of the loot or achievements).

(edited by Zalladi.4652)

Season 2 Living Story

in Living World

Posted by: PaulMassaro.2860

PaulMassaro.2860

…But as Season 2 was introduced permanently, all you need to do is purchase each episode either separately from the Black Lion Trading Company for 250 gems each, or as a discounted bundle….

And in doing so: if you buy the “Living World Season 2” pack, does the pack unlock the Season 2 content for the current character or the entire account? Thank you.

Season 2 Living Story

in Living World

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

…But as Season 2 was introduced permanently, all you need to do is purchase each episode either separately from the Black Lion Trading Company for 250 gems each, or as a discounted bundle….

And in doing so: if you buy the “Living World Season 2” pack, does the pack unlock the Season 2 content for the current character or the entire account? Thank you.

it unlocks Season 2 for your entire account

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Season 2 Living Story

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Not just for the whole account now, but for all alts you ever make on that account.

Assuming they use the same system for LS3 (and that there is a LS3), you’ll get chapters for free just by logging into the game any time while they are the active chapter. So it’s worth tracking them to nab the unlocks even if you don’t have time to play at that time. Note, we still don’t know if you can do the unlock without having HoT, ie log in to unlock then later buy HoT in order to actually play the chapter.