Somebody uploaded a LW S1 movie

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I own nothing just a humble messenger, the original post is on reddit. As someone who never played S1 and watched through videos, its amazing seeing a coherent and well made video of the unplayable season. Enjoy!

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

thanks for posting about it

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can read all about it in the Players Helping Players sub-forum.

There was also a thread in General Discussion, but it may have been merged into the PHP thread.

in Living World

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

“This video is unavailable.”

in Living World

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

He re-edited it i guess. Here is the New link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDUL_Cm_CYg
I’ve watched it twice now, Awesome.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I own nothing just a humble messenger, the original post is on reddit. As someone who never played S1 and watched through videos, its amazing seeing a coherent and well made video of the unplayable season. Enjoy!

DreamyAbaddon that is

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Wow. That is the best movie so far I have seen about Season 1 and it made me aware of a lot of things I missed in the story of Season 1.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Wow. That is the best movie so far I have seen about Season 1 and it made me aware of a lot of things I missed in the story of Season 1.

ye, me too.
I really hope that all this kind of effort shows anet how much the playerbase wants LWS1 back.

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

ye, me too.
I really hope that all this kind of effort shows anet how much the playerbase wants LWS1 back.

It does not. It shows that some guy went to a lot of effort to produce a LS1 movie, nothing else.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

ye, me too.

It does not. It shows that some guy went to a lot of effort to produce a LS1 movie, nothing else.

And not all the people that are talking about it, now? This isnt the only mention of the video. Its out for a day or few and already doing better than your average hollywood movie

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

ye, me too.

And not all the people that are talking about it, now? This isnt the only mention of the video. Its out for a day or few and already doing better than your average hollywood movie

Really? Where are all the people talking about it? I can’t see anything else in this forum, the General forum or the Heart of Thorns forum?

The video has had about 1,000 views at time of writing. I wonder how many people have watched the whole thing?

I appreciate that the guy put in some nice work here but taking the existence of a video as proof that there’s some kind of massive demand for LS1 seems a bit silly to me.

I was around during LS1 and although I’d like to be able to revisit it I’d much rather they spent their resources on creating new content.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

ye, me too.

Really? Where are all the people talking about it? I can’t see anything else in this forum, the General forum or the Heart of Thorns forum?

The video has had about 1,000 views at time of writing. I wonder how many people have watched the whole thing?

I appreciate that the guy put in some nice work here but taking the existence of a video as proof that there’s some kind of massive demand for LS1 seems a bit silly to me.

I was around during LS1 and although I’d like to be able to revisit it I’d much rather they spent their resources on creating new content.

A big chunk of playerbase has gaps in ls1. I for one missed the whole marionette part which i heard was the best bit. If you go to dreamyabaddon’s channel, you can find 3 multipage topics on ls1. Apart from that its regularly brought up with suggestions on how to remake ls1 and a lot of people talk about it ingame as well. There are also new player topics of people who started during or after ls2 and are very confused on the story. You kill zhaitan, and the next stop is helping your buddies rox, kasmeer etc with their advents talking as scarlet was some famous celebrity whose party you missed

in Living World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

ye, me too.

Wow. How many millions of dollars have the viewerbase as a whole spent to watch it?

in Living World

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

It’s a nice video

But it’s too long

Players either ignore or would rather they kill off the S1 characters like Braham at this point. We even have a topic about it these characters just showed up out of the blue so it only makes sense new players would hate them without background. So they have no interest after so long as this sorta thing should be in the actual game and before LS2 was even a thing let alone S3.

More or less we’ve had S2, HoT, and S3 so the dmg is done and Anet should have had something themselves than a simple movie explaining Scarlet and text boxes.

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Hey guys! I’m the one who made the video!
Just wanted to let you all know the final edition to the Season 1 Movie is done and it’s 3hours and 19min long with an actual Chapter Selection Menu! It includes all the cutscenes, dailogues and lore narration needed to complete the Movie experience!

I hope you enjoy it! Here is the new link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLmVI5URak

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks again, DA. (Still hoping the devs take this on, as a guide to improving what we have in-game.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Thanks again, DA. (Still hoping the devs take this on, as a guide to improving what we have in-game.)

Now that we have this movie, I kinda feel like ArenaNet should continue progressing the story forward since we can finally look back at GW2 season 1 even though it’s unplayable. Dont get me wrong I would prefer to play it again but that takes time, money and resources that can be spent on new story and content going forward. That’s just my opinion.

in Living World

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Also I notice you guys have the outdated link.
Here’s the correct link to my GW2 season 1 Movie:

in Living World

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

thanks for put textual legend on video. i learned read/write english by myself, so i didnt understand english from ear yet.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Also I notice you guys have the outdated link.
Here’s the correct link to my GW2 season 1 Movie:

Thank you for the link — what a wonderful, detailed summary!

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Just wanted to let you all know the final edition to the Season 1 Movie is done and it’s 3hours and 19min long with an actual Chapter Selection Menu! It includes all the cutscenes, dailogues and lore narration needed to complete the Movie experience!

the champter selection makes it so much better xD

in Living World

DreamyAbaddon.3265

the champter selection makes it so much better xD

Thanks!
I figured adding that would help those who prefer to watch a specific chapter of season 1. I know not everyone will have the time to watch the whole thing. xD

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I had forgotten the origins of Ellen and the beginning of the Watchwork Knights. Was a nice summary. The karka invasion introducing Southsun completely removes the to me horrible memory of not know what was going on and why due to several minute lag on the servers.

in Living World

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

ye, me too.

I agree completely, I was also there for all of S1 and it was fun and busy but I’d rather they keep working new content as well. To those that missed out for whatever reason…..hey at least you have a better vid to watch now, sorry you missed out first hand. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

I watched this whole video the other day, and I loved it. It was great reliving all of the Season 1 content.

in Living World

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I watched this whole video the other day, and I loved it. It was great reliving all of the Season 1 content.

The whole thing? =)
Glad you like it then.