Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

how is this very interesting ????
We are going deeper into the lines and woke another dragon…………. wow

Something VERY interesting ive found

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Could they bring back Ree to the writing team? It feels like they are trying hard to become “Bioware”. Do you guys think that’s the “in” thing right now? Do you seriously think Dragon Age or even Mass Effect writing is good? Dragon Age story sucks. It’s as tasteless as watery soup. That goes for Mass Effect as well. They did have some interesting parts. The lore was interesting as well, but their execution was bland. The overall general feel, it’s like a short story stretched out to cover a novel. Don’t emulate them. Be real. Don’t put firstworldproblems into the game as well. Who the kitten cares about lesbo/gay BS? You want to be political? Then cover sexual violence, massacre, and torture into your story. Now that’s some Game of Thrones political fantasy realism right there. And don’t give me that black and white propaganda bullkitten we see in TV.

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Could they bring back Ree to the writing team? It feels like they are trying hard to become “Bioware”. Do you guys think that’s the “in” thing right now? Do you seriously think Dragon Age or even Mass Effect writing is good? Dragon Age story sucks. It’s as tasteless as watery soup. That goes for Mass Effect as well. They did have some interesting parts. The lore was interesting as well, but their execution was bland. The overall general feel, it’s like a short story stretched out to cover a novel. Don’t emulate them. Be real. Don’t put firstworldproblems into the game as well. Who the kitten cares about lesbo/gay BS? You want to be political? Then cover sexual violence, massacre, and torture into your story. Now that’s some Game of Thrones political fantasy realism right there. And don’t give me that black and white propaganda bullkitten we see in TV.

I’d personally love to see ArenaNet emulate BioWare’s writing. What’ we’ve been given so far is a soulless player character shuffling mindlessly from one hackneyed story to the next.

in Living World

Steel Fenrir.2791

The loyalty missions were the most interesting parts of ME and DA, I agree with you on that. I also noticed that lacking aspect in the LS of GW2. There’s no bonding with the LS characters. But the general feel of DA and ME? A glorified “collect this and that, gather this and that” quest. Oh noes, the Archdemon/Reapers are coming! Quickly, collect the dragon balls! Also your ally has some daddy issues and you can now be gay. Gay is the in thing right now. Maybe cancer will be the next theme in RPGs.

Another thing, I remember seeing a lame student walking with crutches in our school, and yet I see him as if nothing is wrong with him and even smiles while talking to others. Despite his disability, he was trying to finish his college studies. That memory when I saw him while I was on my way to class made me grateful for what I have right now and not take things for granted, and he actually inspires me to this day even though I don’t know him. Yet Taimi is supposed to make me feel the same way as I saw that student long ago. I am not talking about the writer’s intentions, I’m talking about the similarity of the situation of Iron Girl and him. There’s something wrong, something lacking. I like it that she could become a real inspiration as well, even though she is just a fictional character, but I can’t seem to pinpoint what’s missing in the formula.

in Living World

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

The only thing swtor has over gw2 is story. Gw2 should match or exceed bioware in storyline and presentation. Living story is the perfect format for that, because it continually evolves, unlike swtor, which is over at the end of leveling.

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

The only thing swtor has over gw2 is story. Gw2 should match or exceed bioware in storyline and presentation. Living story is the perfect format for that, because it continually evolves, unlike swtor, which is over at the end of leveling.

That’s highly unlikely because of how Bioware operates. They hire writers first and only after testing them extensively. Everything else comes second, which is why they have some of the best stories in the business. I’m not saying Anet can’t reach that level of performance but it is foolish to expect them to unless they change their policies and focus. Also, I feel the living story isn’t very good because too many background stories are left out of the game, interesting side stories (like the hostility between Logan and Anise) aren’t expanded upon and, in the living world’s wake, there’s barely any permanent content. In almost 2 years we’ve only gotten Southsun, Fractals of the Mist and Edge of the Mist. Other MMOs have expanded by 50% or more by now.

in Living World

Steel Fenrir.2791

Are you guys even aware of the decline of Bioware’s writing post Baldur’s Gate 2 era? And yet you want anet to emulate Bioware’s new lineup of fail writers? You want the game to become glorified fetch/gather quests, and in recent games, they focus on making statements rather than telling, showing, making you live a story? I could consider Mass Effect 1 from 2007 their last good attempt, but tell me, what recent game did they make that fleshed out their material to its fullest? They have good material, but used it poorly, is that how you want anet to emulate? Emulate another RGB ending? “It’s ok that we have bland, stretched out stories in our games, ’cause we have in-game sex; heterosex and homosex, heck even robosex!” They focused more on trying to incorporate edgy statements rather than a story where the game will revolve around. Make the story expand the game. Stop it with focusing on making forced statements and start telling a story.

OK at the very least, I enjoyed ME’s character dialogue. I never left the Normandy without checking up on my allies first. Maybe anet could catch up to that, make the LS characters “addicting” to talk to, and nope the quaggan couple can go if they won’t improve. “Calibrations!” In GW2, it would be “Apples!” So much potential.

in Living World

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

Personally I still enjoy Bioware’s stories much better than the generic ones we get with every other multiplayer shooter and games of the like in recent years. Plus they know how to set moods, environments, and music that makes it all go together very well. I know they said they are even stopping using the 1 on 1 dialogue cutscenes now, but even Swtor made things more interesting with the camera angles and effects with a decent story (nothing great at all though).

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

uhmm yah, mass effect is wonderful in every aspect and so is dragon age: origins (i personally can’t stand DA2).
Anet has to be doing really their job if they can get only half as good as what bioware did with DA:O or ME, GW2 is a tasteless heap of junk that doesn’t even have one single bit of atmosphere anywhere in the game, something GW1 still has even after 9 years.

in Living World

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

For your information (not that information is apparently among your interests), a lot of people care about sexuality in today’s world, and I don’t see why you have a problem with Anet expressing their views on it in a creative medium. And “first world problems?” This is a video game. One that requires Internet access. Everyone who will ever experience this is arguably living in the first world, so why is it bad that the game focuses on themes they can relate to? Sure, Anet could afford to tackle more serious issues like the ones you’ve mentioned, but an M rating would cut out a lot of their audience, and they just released this game in China; and you know that wouldn’t fly over there. This is a business, after all, one targeted at many millions of people with widely different ideals. Try to consider other people on occasion.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs