Speculation: Taimi the accidental terrorist

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Maybe she did disobey the warnings of the guards in Zephyr Sanctum and got inside one way or another. But then Scruffy’s energy cells produced a slight, but significant, magical interference that reacted with the crystals inside, and KABOOM!

Addendum: Where do golems get their power source? Is it the same with the Zephyrite crystals? This makes me suspicious about the power source of Rata Sum itself.

(edited by Steel Fenrir.2791)

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Golems use an alchemagical discombobulatory cosmothurgical medium to store, process, and utilize seismocatalytic supercolliding kenomitosis particles. It’s all quite simple really.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It depends on the golem, but officially, at least some are powered by the essence of elemental creatures (asura seem to do that a lot). It’s also possible to power a golem with the essence of a sapient being, but that is something that non-Inquest asura don’t do.

There may be other power sources, though.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Jorvych.3064

Jorvych.3064

Maybe she did disobey the warnings of the guards in Zephyr Sanctum and got inside one way or another. But then Scruffy’s energy cells produced a slight, but significant, magical interference that reacted with the crystals inside, and KABOOM!

Addendum: Where do golems get their power source? Is it the same with the Zephyrite crystals? This makes me suspicious about the power source of Rata Sum itself.

Love the idea. But with the fighting of a most-likely Inquest golem, I don’t exactly think that. What with Asuran lands being near, a new dragon (and energy) to study, and all around being jerks.
who knows, though?

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

The power source of a golem varies. Anything compatible with their power matrix will do.

Examples of power sources used by golems include:
- Aetheric transducers that take ambient magic.
- Crystals of all sorts that radiate magic naturally.
- Batteries charged in a station.
- Elementals trapped in a golem core.
- Coal.
- Human souls.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Living World

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Interesting.

This leads me to ask those who may know:

• What are Taimi’s feelings on the Inquest?
  • Could she be interested in working with them?

I fear that she would be very tempted to interact with them considering her feelings toward Zojja, her interest in Scarlet and her ‘accomplishments’ (especially in regards to how Scarlet worked with the Inquest), how she is treated too much like a child by others and how she must ‘behave’ and is ‘not allowed’ to do much with the B-Iconics and always having to ‘stay out of trouble’.

Not only would she be permitted to get into trouble, were she with the Inquest she would actually be encouraged to.

It seems like Taimi could potentially ‘go bad’, without intending to, simply because she has an interest in what those ‘bad’ groups have been up to from a scientific/technological standpoint and her wanting to be more powerful than Scarlet was.

Could her thirst for knowledge and understanding, for the sake of knowledge and understanding, unintentionally lead to her moral compass changing to point in a different (‘bad’) direction?
I like to learn. I just don’t believe that sitting in a lab—listening to a boring old magidork—is the way to do it.

It’d make me sad for her character, but it would be a fantastic story. Though it does seem a little reminiscent of Anakin and Darth Vader with going to ‘the dark side’ while searching for power (knowledge) in Star Wars.

Perhaps she was encouraged by the Inquest to forget the rules and find out what she wanted to about the Zephyrite’s cargo. Maybe this unintended detonation/destruction of their city, by her ignoring the warnings to not get closer, would wake her up to how the Inquest behave (ignoring safety checks and taking precautions) and that she would no longer want to interact with them.

I could see really see that:

• Taimi behaves differently following the destruction of the Zephyrite city and the rest of the group is concerned for her and how badly she’s taking it.
  • She has a secret. They don’t yet know that she was the cause of their destruction after being misled by the Inquest to get closer to the cargo to find out what it was – for the sake of knowledge.
  • Further on into the season, and after much fighting with the Inquest, Taimi comes clean with the group about being responsible for the destruction, but that it was an accident.
  • She no longer has any interest in the Inquest and her feeling tricked by them helped fuel her wanting to get back at them and stop whatever they’re doing in Maguuma.
  • Taimi no longer looks at Zojja as just another “bossy grown-up”. She has found new respect for her mentor and she ‘grows up’ and comes to respect her. The relationship between Zojja and Taimi is healed after her mentor comforts her and kind of tells her of that being the reason she corrects her behavior and “grounds her”, so she would learn the right way of doing things and not the Inquest way. That it really was for her own good.

Not very well thought out on my part, but you get my point I hope.

Do you think the writers considered this type of storyline? Or actually chose it for this season? I wonder if they would do that with Taimi, considering the love for her character as well as the Zephyrites, to learn that she was responsible for the destruction of their city.

Could be a real learning experience for her character about why some rules need to be followed, that there are wrong ways to acquire knowledge and that “actions have consequences”. I’d like this storyline, personally.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)