Suggestion: Solution for the Mordrem Invasion

in Living World

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

To address the issue of very little reward and characters tagging events and then running to the next in order to get their quota I have the following suggestion:

1. At the end of each event spawn a chest containing some blooms.
2. At the end of the meta-event (in addition to daily bonus) give blooms to all participants based on the number of events completed in the zone.

This will stop people tagging a few mobs and running off (because of the chest) and will give everyone a vested interest in completing as many events across the map as possible, breaking up the big zergs. It will also give people a decent number of blooms because surprise surprise we can’t all play 24 hours a day for the entire weekend.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

2. At the end of the meta-event (in addition to daily bonus) give blooms to all participants based on the number of events completed in the zone.

1) However, what would stop players from doing what they are doing now in order to maximise the number of reward chests they get from events? – Players will still be running around tagging the events to get as many of those chests as possible. (Though of course, I wouldn’t complain at some extra blooms, but the tagging issue would still be there).

2) This I agree with; why does the total appear if it doesn’t contribute to anything? But then how could you combat against AFK’ers like in the Escape from Lion’s Arch “Miasma” event?

in Living World

Posted by: Medicarejunkie.6032

Medicarejunkie.6032

At the very least they could give us a bunch of champ bags. I like the encounters. But, if your not after blooms its a waste of time.

in Living World

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

I would propose a different solution in 3 quick steps:

1. Add a stack for participation in a set range of the event when it’s completed to prevent “tag & run” tactics
2. Change the rewards to be based on the map-wide events completed as opposed to personal (& improve the scaling so it’s more beneficial to spread out)
3. Personal participation stacks work so that 5 stacks = you get the map-wide rewards, 10 stacks (cap) = you get an extra 5/10 blooms.

What does this mean?

Essentially it means that players will want to spread out and effectively do as many events as they possibly can as quickly as possible.

A player will not hunt down events to tag them & leave because they would not get the participation bonus anyway. Plus, since a player only need to do 5 events, there is no pressure to tag & run in the first place.

But wait, then you’re like – wont people AFK? Well, there’s a few factors featuring in this.

First, people AFK already now, and you can’t stop people who do that from doing it entirely, you can only deter it.

Second, because the reward would be based on exactly how many events are done (29 events in area = 29 blooms), you want to actually make sure those events get done.

Third, to encourage people after they got those 5 participation stacks, they can still get to 10 personal stacks which would add an additional few blooms.

I find that if you don’t tag & run (which I don’t), you get about 10 stacks anyway, so there’s no time to AFK :P

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

in Living World

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

Actually, I noticed now that
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mordrem-Invasion-Update-11-September-12-30-PM
this thread exists.

Maybe you should post this there ^^

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

1) However, what would stop players from doing what they are doing now in order to maximise the number of reward chests they get from events? – Players will still be running around tagging the events to get as many of those chests as possible. (Though of course, I wouldn’t complain at some extra blooms, but the tagging issue would still be there).

I would prefer to see a harvestable bloom at the end of each event (or box) instead of having the end of invasion reward based on the number of events you “participated” in. However, as this suggestion stands it would probably still work, assuming you could complete at least ten events by staying until the end, which would yield at least 20 blooms.