Super Adventure Box and Wintersday

in Living World

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Wintersday. A time of joy and fun. Of unexpected gifts and cozy snacks. When old friends return. Let’s bring Super Adventure Box back!

First of all, if you don’t know what Super Adventure Box is, click over this text for a brief and sorrowful summary.

The Wintersday festival is probably the same as the last two previous years. It’s the least fun of the four festivals, with just minigames and no PvE activities. It will be even less fun if they repeat the same achievements, like they did with Halloween.

So, what if we brought the Christmas Wintersday spirit out, and brought Super Adventure Box back as an unexpected gift for everyone?! Isn’t Wintersday the perfect moment for this old friend to be back? Don’t all kids want videogames for Wintersday anyway?

No new rewards, no new worlds, no new levels. Just plain old good SAB, as we remember it from its second release. Maybe even make it permanent!

Would this be hard to implement? No! SAB is still there, ingame. The only difference is that Moto had its dialogue changed, and that the entrance was disabled. Want to bring SAB back? You only need to press a button. Or maybe flip a lever. Switching it on is easy.

You want to go further? Moto and Tixx could join together, and create the definitive toy for this Wintersday: The portable SAB console! Now the SAB lobby would work exactly like the Heart of the Mists, the sPvP lobby, and you could teleport there and back to your previous location using your portable SAB! (Filthy peasants without portable SAB would need to walk to Rata Sum on their own) For the corporate overlords out there, you could sell so many gems with this, and get so much money. Yes, I’ve said MONEY. Maybe even merge the infinite coin with the SAB controller, making them a single item, to make it even more attractive. You know I’m willing to spend real money for this, yes you do. Why don’t you want to take my money! This would require a bit of work, though, but it would be worth the effort for its monetization.

So, summarized. Bringing back SAB this Wintersday would mean:

• Minimum, close to zero, developer work. We aren’t adding new content, just switching frozen content back to active. Those who don’t like SAB shouldn’t worry about developer time being spent on it.
  • Higher player retention for this time of the year, where people spend so much money. The more players ingame, the higher the gem sales would be. A recycled Wintersday event wouldn’t include group PvE activities, which wouldn’t be too good for retention, and thus sales. You don’t need to be a genius to know this.
  • A high morale boost for disappointed players who want SAB back since months ago. Those players could be willing to spend money on it too, specially as a means of support and the chance of world 3 coming to fruition some day.
  • An exotic marketing movement during this time of the year. Wait, Guild Wars 2 has this special 8-bit platforming event? Wow, this sure is a different MMO! Old players that left and didn’t try SAB could be lured back with this, and then stay if the latest changes to the normal game are attractive for them.

I think it’s pretty much a given. The stars have aligned, and there’s no better time to bring Super Adventure Box back than this Christmas/Wintersday.

POLL – If you want to voice your opinion on bringing Super Adventure Box back this Wintersday, click over this text to be directed to a poll! – POLL

This thread/petition may end in nothing, probably. But it’s Christmas so don’t lose hope, kitten it! If we convince ArenaNet, and I really think we have pretty good arguments this time, we could get what we’ve wanted since long time ago. Our definitive Wintersday present.

So, what do you want for this Wintersday? Socks? Candy? Toys? Or SAB?

Original at reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2ojt7h/wintersday_a_time_of_joy_and_fun_of_unexpected/

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As much as I love SAB, I actually would prefer it not to come back during Wintersday. I’ll have my hands full with the Wintersday achieves AND Chapter 8 of LS2 (with huge amounts of Bandit Crest and organ grinding…), and I’d also like to work on the rest of the game too.

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

When they release SAB again I’d rather they release world 3 along with it.

in Living World

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Did you notice the SAB references in that new jumping puzzle? It hurt me deep down…

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If Winterday is a rerun….

That means that there is an awful grind required on three different activities (omg the bells, if you aren’t good at them you don’t even get credit for doing the activity).

Plus there is new living story finale to do (grind as fast as you can so you are covered in the event the SW suddenly dies)

I’m not sure I’ll have time for SAB, which itself is quite time consuming in its trial and error “challenge mode,” and “run the chest only once a day” regular mode.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Did you notice the SAB references in that new jumping puzzle? It hurt me deep down…

Yeah, I did. My Ranger salutes the Storm Wizard with his own Greatsword ;D

I’d rather they held off on SAB for the reasons already mentioned. Christmas-time is going to be busy as it is