Taimi better watch herself! (Spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: Xarbokk.3195

Xarbokk.3195

Is it just me or is Taimi’s carefree Scarlet worship starting to be a problem. She has always been fascinated with Scarlet’s research but then we find the machine that supposedly caused Scarlet to go nuts and she runs inside without a thought about what could happen and it jealous that you got to see the eternal alchemy instead of herself. I could easily see the GMs making Taimi turn into Scarlet 2.0 before the end of the season and force the player to kill her. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

Xarbokk Ragnarok
(Warband of Wolves )
Blackgate Server

in Living World

Posted by: Leallax.1482

Leallax.1482

No I’ve been getting that impression, too. I mean she basically worships the ground Scarlet walks on, she mentions in Ep 1 that she thinks she and Scarlet are connected somehow, and she just throws herself into Omadd’s machine without a second thought.

I mean I love Taimi; she’s my favorite out of Destiny’s Edge 2.0 but she’s kind of teetering on the edge of obsession and insanity here and I’m kinda worried she’s gonna take a lone trip down to the machine on her own and jump in while no one’s watching.

in Living World

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

I could easily see the GMs making Taimi turn into Scarlet 2.0 before the end of the season and force the player to kill her. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

That’s what I’m most afraid of. When Taimi stepped into the machine I thought she was going to be corrupted or come out a vegetable, but I don’t think Anet is going to go there. It seems more likely that she will grow and mature as the story progresses—she is still a kid after all.

. . . then again, she’s an asuran kid, humility and learning from one’s mistakes isn’t exactly in their wheelhouse, so who knows.

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

The moment Taimi explained what Omadd’s machine was, I thought, “For the love of all Six and a bag of grits! Someone tie this half-pint heifer AND her golem down before she does something stupid!” And then I’m forced to watch the entire party turn their back to an Asuran kid with an unhealthy interest in Scarlet and the machine that drove her mad.

I’m surprised none of you heard me swearing at my monitor…

And they call us “bookah”…

in Living World

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

It would be quite a surprise if Anet went that way. From not involving Taimi in the attack on Lions Arch because she is a child, all the way to make the players themselves take her out? Not likely.

I must say i was instantly reminded of the Mass Effect 1 Beacon scene on Eden Prime as i played through that instance. I dont mind that at all though.

But back to Taimi, if she has anything to worry about, its Rox. She is getting on her nerves.

in Living World

M Steel.2574

The moment Taimi explained what Omadd’s machine was, I thought, “For the love of all Six and a bag of grits! Someone tie this half-pint heifer AND her golem down before she does something stupid!” And then I’m forced to watch the entire party turn their back to an Asuran kid with an unhealthy interest in Scarlet and the machine that drove her mad.

I’m surprised none of you heard me swearing at my monitor…

And they call us “bookah”…

^ This.

I think everyone else’s swearing may have drowned you out buddy. Where is Progeny Protective Services when you need them!?!

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I’m surprised she didn’t jump in the machine already before we got there…In any case, she should’ve been restrained immediately the instant she started going on about it.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I think everyone else’s swearing may have drowned you out buddy. Where is Progeny Protective Services when you need them!?!

Where’s Zojja? She’s technically Taimi’s guardian and also would probably be interested in Scarlet’s findings.

But no I don’t think Taimi’s going to go evil since that would leave empty space in the cuteness department. Also I think we’re starting to stretch the going insane thing a bit. We already had Scarlet and what’s-he’s-name from the first episode. We don’t want this turning into WoW (or at least WoW up until Cataclysm, didn’t really keep up with the lore after that).

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I maybe concerned a bit about Taimi’s choice of idolizing but she been acting like a normal kid that just don’t want to listen to adults but only smart because she is a Asura.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA! It’s Scarlet, I can’t believe it’s you standing here next to me. I’m going to follow you and watch you and worship the ground you walk on!

Ok all jokes aside,
I doubt Anet would kill a child in a game that is rated PEGI 12.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Taimi is a liability. I would remove her at the first chance I got if it were actually up to my character.

in Living World

M Steel.2574

Taimi is a liability. I would remove her at the first chance I got if it were actually up to my character.

She’s definitely a loose cannon, but she’s also pretty darn useful. She just needs constant adult supervision . . . and possible a leash.

in Living World

Posted by: Ariella Goldstein.3562

Ariella Goldstein.3562

She’s definitely a loose cannon, but she’s also pretty darn useful. She just needs constant adult supervision . . . and possible a leash.

Having sudden flashbacks to the Buttons and Mindy skits from Animaniacs. But yes, Taimi needs one of those child leashes that were popular in the 90s. Link her to Braham. Better yet, something that’ll shut Scruffy down if she gets more that 20 or so feet from the group.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m surprised she didn’t jump in the machine already before we got there…In any case, she should’ve been restrained immediately the instant she started going on about it.

Maybe she did, and now she’s faking not knowing what you saw.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I maybe concerned a bit about Taimi’s choice of idolizing but she been acting like a normal kid that just don’t want to listen to adults but only smart because she is a Asura.

and its why she's by far the best (and most well written) NPC in this game. multi-dimensional and quirky, but rooted in reality.

making her a villain you must fight mear the season’s end, would thus be brilliant. most players actually like and care about her.

how twisted would it be to see her pull off some really diabolical things? now whether we actually have to kill her, or “cure” her, would be up to how dark/cruel Anet writers are.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

For the most part, she’s probably the only character that is truly well developed and fleshed out. She has the most spark to her personality than any of the other Scooby gang combined.

My only concern is that at the end of the scene when you turn to talk to someone about what happened, you talk to Rox and Kasmeer…. when it should have all been to Taimi. Not saying they wouldn’t understand, but they just felt tacked on for air time, it made no sense to ignore the little asura who knows and understands far more than both these two especially when it comes to this field of expertise.

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Is it just me or is Taimi’s carefree Scarlet worship starting to be a problem. She has always been fascinated with Scarlet’s research but then we find the machine that supposedly caused Scarlet to go nuts and she runs inside without a thought about what could happen and it jealous that you got to see the eternal alchemy instead of herself. I could easily see the GMs making Taimi turn into Scarlet 2.0 before the end of the season and force the player to kill her. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

I doubt ANet has it in them to make Taimi the new villain, but that would be AWESOME!

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Definitely not the case. She’s asura….that machine had a huge impact on scarlet because her mind had a barrier put by the pale tree in the first place..asura didn’t have that restriction since being born….seeing the truth by someone naive who was behind a wall for all that time is very different from seeing the truth as someone who expects greater things and looks for them, like asura.

Even if somehow she looses control and turns into scarlet…..she will have something that Scarlet aparently never had (atleast at this level) and that is friends who deeply care about her. When she turns…there will be someone to fight to get her back to the way she was. The “heroes” will find a way to cure her…but i don’t see it go to the point we will have to kill her in any way.

My opinion atleast.

in Living World

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

I’m sure it would be a writers nightmare… but imagine how cool it would be if the machine actually drove the player character to Fight Club levels of crazy.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Scarlet went insane, but she was in the device for days.

Also, Taimi explicitly notes scarlet did bad things. She however, is somebody who looks at what Scarlet did engineering wise and notes how it can be good/ used for good(While admitting Scarlet did bad things and was evil). She already said a bit of the awe and fangirling was because Scarlet basically told the system to go away and studied what she wanted, when she wanted. That appealed to Taimi.

in Living World

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

Taimi reminds me of that dude from Pacific Rim who was the “kaiju groupie”. Neither are evil, but both prone to geeking out about the thing that wants to destroy the world and also making questionably safe choices.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Taimi reminds me of that dude from Pacific Rim who was the “kaiju groupie”. Neither are evil, but both prone to geeking out about the thing that wants to destroy the world and also making questionably safe choices.

Well only question is will Taimi crazy actions help save the world like Newton Geiszler crazy actions did in Pacific Rim

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Taimi seems to rush into things from what I’ve seen. She has all the smarts yet forgets about the consequences, especially if it’s related to technology. Just drop the name ‘Scarlet’ and she would punch everyone aside with Scruffy to squeeze any information out of the person mentioning it :P I suppose it does fit her age if you look at humans, children tend to rush into things aswell.

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Weeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllll my first thought upon seeing the machine was “PLUG ME IN!”

in Living World

M Steel.2574

Taimi seems to rush into things from what I’ve seen. She has all the smarts yet forgets about the consequences, especially if it’s related to technology. Just drop the name ‘Scarlet’ and she would punch everyone aside with Scruffy to squeeze any information out of the person mentioning it :P I suppose it does fit her age if you look at humans, children tend to rush into things aswell.

^ I agree. Except I think any asuran child puts the brattiest human child to shame, probably because asuran children tend to have access to more things that explode.

in Living World

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

Yeah I worry about this too, her Scarlet fangirling is probably her biggest weakness. I think it would seem unlikely for her to go full Scarlet on us though; more likely she will eventually do something in her blind enthusiasm that will have some kind of nasty consequences (for her or someone she respects) which will sober her up and get her to consider things with a bit more wisdom and empathy, I would think.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in Living World

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

I could easily see the GMs making Taimi turn into Scarlet 2.0 before the end of the season and force the player to kill her. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

That’s what I’m most afraid of. When Taimi stepped into the machine I thought she was going to be corrupted or come out a vegetable, but I don’t think Anet is going to go there. It seems more likely that she will grow and mature as the story progresses—she is still a kid after all.

. . . then again, she’s an asuran kid, humility and learning from one’s mistakes isn’t exactly in their wheelhouse, so who knows.

They like to learn from other’s mistakes, but not from the mistakes of their own.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

in Living World

M Steel.2574

Yeah I worry about this too, her Scarlet fangirling is probably her biggest weakness. I think it would seem unlikely for her to go full Scarlet on us though; more likely she will eventually do something in her blind enthusiasm that will have some kind of nasty consequences (for her or someone she respects) which will sober her up and get her to consider things with a bit more wisdom and empathy, I would think.

^ I like this idea. Although she showed very little remorse when the player character got zapped by Omadd’s machine trying to push her out of the way. Still, if she were to do something that led to another member of the Scooby Squad being seriously injured, such as Braham (since they seem pretty close), I could see her sobering a little.

Then again, I could also see her becoming even more reckless trying to make up for her mistake.

I also think it is important to note that Taimi is suffering from a degenerative disease. Part of her obsession with Scarlet and the Eternal Alchemy may come from a desire to improve her condition.

in Living World

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

That will hardly happen, hell she has to be inside the golem to comply with age ratings of the game, as in a child cannot be put in danger.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Living World

M Steel.2574

That will hardly happen, hell she has to be inside the golem to comply with age ratings of the game, as in a child cannot be put in danger.

^ That might also have something to do with the fact that she can hardly walk without the help of her golem. And I’m pretty sure it was implied that some children didn’t survive the Battle of Lion’s Arch.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Not implied, explicitly stated.

You could talk to an Asura mother who literally carried her child out of LA, all the way to vigil keep, only to have the body taken from her and placed in a mass grave.

I think in the missing persons board there is one about a missing Asura child.

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

I personally am a fan of another theory I’ve read here on the forums. Not that Taimi will end up as an opponent, but that we’ll discover some hidden weaponry Scarlet was developing to kill Mordy and Taimi will be the only one capable of using it or adapting it since she’s followed Scarlet so closely.

At least, I’m a fan of that theory until that hidden weaponry turns LS:S2 into another Zhaitan. :/

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

I think when I got the PoI prior to playing the story there, I was thinking, “I should keep Taimi far away from this”, down to emoting “/no” when I was in the the story instance.
While Asurans give off a mad scientist vibe, she is a teenage girl.
Her fangirling does not have to be rational to anyone. When it comes to Asurans, it seems, when in pursuit of knowledge, she thinks there is nothing she can do wrong in it.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Not implied, explicitly stated.

You could talk to an Asura mother who literally carried her child out of LA, all the way to vigil keep, only to have the body taken from her and placed in a mass grave.

I think in the missing persons board there is one about a missing Asura child.

I think the limitation is that they can’t go into detail about it, or show it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

But back to Taimi, if she has anything to worry about, its Rox. She is getting on her nerves.

I noticed that too and I must admit, I am with Rox on this. Precocious children are not my favourite beings and Taimi ‘s ’cuteness’ is wearing thin for me.

I think she is a danger to herself and the team because she is still a child with a child’s lack of life skills and plain common sense. She may be bordering on genius level but she does not have much in the way of wisdom.

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA! It’s Scarlet, I can’t believe it’s you standing here next to me. I’m going to follow you and watch you and worship the ground you walk on!

Ok all jokes aside,
I doubt Anet would kill a child in a game that is rated PEGI 12.

This Honey Boo Boo has ESRB armor.

++++++ for Adoring Fan reference.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Living World

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

if she goes nuts we put her down. until then let her work.