Tarir blocks living story

in Living World

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I am really excited to start playing the new living story update and jumped in game just after 19.00 server time. Sadly ArenaNet does not allow you to start playing living story at that time because the start location is blocked by the octovine.

For the story played out in the map I am okay with locking the services handed out in Tarir during the octovine but for the story I dislike this. In Heart of Thorns one story instance is located in Tarir and that one can be accessed any time you want from the north side of tarir. Please do the same with the instances for episode 2 and 3.

in Living World

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

If you are in a guild with the Gilded Hollow guild hall you can get there by leaving the hall through the portal (as a little work around).

in Living World

ThFH.6048

That does not work I did it but after going through the exalted portal their is another door blocking enterance to the skillpoint and Exalted champion

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That does not work I did it but after going through the exalted portal their is another door blocking enterance to the skillpoint and Exalted champion

I just used the Guild Hall method during the meta without issues and have done whenever I need to bypass the meta event to the city underneath. There is route through directly to the egg chamber after you use the exalted portal after entering via the GH.

in Living World

Posted by: Mordachai.1896

Mordachai.1896

shrugs I had the same issue so i sat my toon down, had a chat with a friend and before i knew it the event was over and i could get the story going. A little patience gets you a long way.

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

shrugs I had the same issue so i sat my toon down, had a chat with a friend and before i knew it the event was over and i could get the story going. A little patience gets you a long way.

Not everyone logs on and decides to spend their limited leisure time being forced to wait and chatting with ‘friends’. Some people might only have 30 minutes or an hour before it’s the kid’s bedtime or other RL issues pull you away, so not being able to access the new story when you log on is an issue.

It’s got very little/nothing to do with patience.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in Living World

ThFH.6048

The part that annoys me is the fact that during HoT the developers realised Tarir is closed of for a short amount of time and thus placed the enterance to the instance outside Tarir.

Now with living story they just place it in the heart of Tarir and no way to get to it without waiting.

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

If they are going to deactivate the waypoint, they could at least let our toons glide into the top of the barrier. We ain’t Mordrem and if someone dies, they still have to use another waypoint.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Yep, I had to change characters and started crafting Shooshadoo :joy:

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong