The Head of the Snake fight

in Living World

Posted by: Titanshadow.9613

Titanshadow.9613

I know that its not supposed to be a run away fight. I understand that it has to be difficult so it keeps the wanting to get better, but I have to say I now know why alot of my friends and said that this is the end for them. That whole fight is PAINFUL just trying to get through it. I used to love the living stories, but this one is the worst. you cant get past it.

Im sure there are those that have and feel that this is just right from them but for myself and about 80% of my friends, no. Im not sure I want to play a game that I cant solo a story line at all. And not to mention the feeling that their are no where near as many people playing. Its really getting an empty feeling to it. Is it because if this kind of thing happing? I beginning to understand why.

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

It was pretty painful, I agree it could be balanced a lot better. You can brute force your way through it though. I died probably about 25-30 times and was completely naked and still managed to do it, it just takes FOREVER. Just run and grab the crystals and throw them at him, let the NPC’s deal out the damage. If you die, just run back in and keep chucking crystals, thankfully he doesn’t reset hip HP. Of course this doesn’t address the remarks you made about this sort of thing causing people to leave the game, but if you just want to finish it there is a way.

in Living World

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

That fight is probably one of the worse boss fights I have experienced in ANY MMO since 1999 (that list include Asheron’s Call, Everquest, Star Wars Galaxies, SWTOR, LOTRO, WOW, and many others).

- Room is WAY too small for the mechanics
- Way too much random telegraphing happening on the floor
- Overlapping telegraphing (from boss and mobs)
- Ridiculously hard boss assistants (Vet Jades are not regular mobs. They hit hard and make it hard to solo)
- Worsening damaging (every downed state nerfs your character until the fight becomes super hard mode)

I don’t even know where to begin with this encounter. It’s a flipping mess on a grand scale.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I don’t know if you guys attempted it after it was adjusted, but it was made significantly easier. The small room does still mess with the camera unfortunately, which is extremely annoying and doesn’t add anything to the fight. But the fight itself was nerfed pretty significantly. I say go and try it again and see if your opinions on it change

in Living World

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

@OriOri – it’s still ridiculous. No amount of nerfing is going to fix the fundamental issue of the room’s size. For the amount of crap happening in that encounter, the room needs to be double the size. The walls also need to be higher so that the camera can be used correctly. Anet has many amazing boss encounters. This one is a low point for the franchise. Hoping Anet up their game and ensures boss fight like this don’t exist.

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Living World

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

The orange circles of Caucadus himself seem to rotate on a pattern. I died once to bloodstone harpy mob (name?) as I didn’t pay attention to it. If you kill adds as they spawn (like killing veterans in snowblind elemental boss) then you can get rid of the randomness.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s not the easiest fight. I died once but melted him down with my awesome condi ranger

Definitely fine by me, a boss should be a small challenge and it was fine to go die once for a fight you don’t know yet.

If you had such problems: learn the mechanics. Don’t stand too much in the red circles. Yes, you still get some kittenload of ‘random hits’ but should be okay.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I’m seeing enough topics on this issue that I wanted to also provide my feedback. I did the fight on my engineer and died once to the jade armor in the instance. (I hadn’t noticed the pop-up for my ancient magic skill) I switched up my build to a “defensive” wvw set-up. (20k hp, 2.5k armor, 2400power, 50% crit, and 200% crit dmg). I never died again… Not sure the problem everyone had. I didn’t even realize that was the fight everyone was complaining about, until I realized I had just finished the personal story…

My experience was that fight was so easy (with a build that traded a bit of offense) that I never got downed once. All you have to do is click your ancient magic skill when you get condi bombed. Run around and throw shards at him, then dps, rinse repeat.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t take and value everyone’s feeedback who is struggling, but so much negativity, I wanted to share that the fight was not hard for me. (Although scrapper is known for surviving well) I even went and soloed my way through the centaur camp after… now that was a lot more challenging. But I got all the chests, and even found a few glitch spots where I could mokittenown some centaurs where they couldn’t fight back. Was good fun. Finished the zone, and now I’m wondering if the final tier of ancient magics is worth it. It’s either that or finish exalted gathering. (given my current number of mastery points)

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The only think I really didn’t like in the whole season is that kitten ed new “ancient magic” button. I just hate that unnecesary, annoying, duct tape attached thing. Why didn’t they put it as an “F” action instead? The only times I died were when I missed the cue to press that button, which soon become sort of a mechanic iteration without strategy or reasoning behind.

Please remove it. Make the fights interesting in a more engaging, smart way, not through cheap reaction extra buttons.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I did the fight on my engineer and died once to the jade armor in the instance.

The jade armor is basically an enrage timer.

Please remove it. Make the fights interesting in a more engaging, smart way, not through cheap reaction extra buttons.

But dodging is also a cheap reaction button…

F is for interacting. Not a good idea to put a reactionary button on something that could interfere with loot, environmental weapons, etc. You could change it to F if you really wanted to.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I have dodge on mouse button 4, special skill on E. Makes life a lot easier.

I understand that it has to be difficult so it keeps the wanting to get better, but I have to say I now know why alot of my friends and said that this is the end for them. That whole fight is PAINFUL just trying to get through it.

It depends on the profession you play. Some are easier than others. My poor Revenant had a hard time, but my Ranger and Guardian did not.

in Living World

Ardid.7203

F is for interacting. Not a good idea to put a reactionary button on something that could interfere with loot, environmental weapons, etc. You could change it to F if you really wanted to.

Dodge depends on endurance, depletable resource, so you need to use it smartly to not get stuck. Dodge also moves your toon around, so you have to be aware of your environment. Dodge interrupt certain actions, and some actions don’t let you dodge while you are doing them. Dodge is strongly ingrained in the game, is not cheap at all.

But for the sake of the problem at hand, let say that Dodge is a cheap reaction button. Why in the name of the six add ANOTHER?

I agree the “react to the bell” button could create problems with other “f” actions. Surprisingly, this is something Anet could control just fine, because the “ancient magic” thing only occurs during specific attacks which arent that common or standard. Just don’t add “f” able things close to the fight against the “ancient magic” monster. Or, maybe, you can just remove the boring Quick Time Event imitation and focus on actual mechanics for the bosses.

Sorry to sound that negative, but GW2 basic functions are so lean and elegant, this stump of a real interface just makes me angry.

Hawks

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

On the camera issues some are reporting: Have you fiddled with your camera settings? When we first got the new options I moved the collision detection to the least possible amount (I don’t recall if that is slider all the way left or all the way right). While I do occasionally get views over the “roof” such as in the Bitterfrost Kodan village tunnel, my camera ping pong motion has reduced tremendously.

I do keep my camera zoomed well out and up, too, to avoid motion sickness. Yet I did not have any camera problems in the Face Room fight, no ping pongs that I noticed. So I recommend tweaking camera options even if only for this one fight; who knows, you might end up enjoying things more in the rest of the game as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

It’s not like an enrage timer, because at the press of one button you cancel most of the effect. I just didn’t realize when I first went in and got owned. Second time 15 stacks of confusion and other conditions appeared on me, I realized the counter magic button was available and it purges them all.

I didn’t find it as difficult as Liadri from the queen’s jubilee I believe. This was pretty rhythmic once you saw what you had to do. Maybe too challenging for LW content?

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s not like an enrage timer, because at the press of one button you cancel most of the effect.

The waves of enemies spawn on a timer. If you kill the boss faster, the jade armor will never spawn, hence it’s basically an enrage.

Why in the name of the six add ANOTHER?

It felt like they wanted the encounter to be a tutorial. The first part was basically just counter magic spam. The second part basically just added extra enemies, while the circles all over are really just a distraction. They overused the mechanic to make it a reflex, like dodging should be. Too many people were likely ignoring it, just like how many ignore bloodstone to use against break bars, which was also explained in this encounter.

If you want to trivialize counter magic, bind it to a F# key and spam it.

in Living World

Ardid.7203

I truly think counter magic is already trivialized. It was born that way. That’s the problem. Is a mechanic that works by making only one thing on reaction to only one thing (hear the bell, press the buton). I’m ok with having it linked to “f”, but I’d rather have it simply removed.

Hawks

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I mapped this skill to B I think. I hear the sound, I press B. Happens usually within a split second. If you have to use your mouse cursor to click it, it takes a lot longer and unnecessarily prolongs the fight.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I mapped mine to the scroll wheel button on my mouse, super easy to hit…

The First and Only Blaq Sheep