The new JP [Merged]

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I didn’t see any threads about this. I just did it and it’s immediately my single favorite JP in the game. The past half dozen or so “JPs” added have been just mechanical nonsense that have no concept of ‘fun’ associated, only relief that they’re over.

This new JP is amazing! I would gladly do it more than once. As someone slightly scared of heights it really got me going with a pleasant adrenaline dump as well.

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

Yes i have to say a net outdid themselves with this JP, this is in my opinion the PERFECT template for JPs in the future

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Tsumiju.3071

Tsumiju.3071

I totally agree, no glitchy surfaces, no fly zones that clip across valid paths etc like Draconis Mons! More JP’s like Arm of Abaddon please!

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’ll add my agreement to this. A solid jp with no laggy gimmicks to worry about like Draconis Mons, or trial and error guesswork like Chalice. Well done!

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

The sneaky Super Mario designer that makes these will be pleased with your comments…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Add another “me too” here. Aside from the expanded material storage, the new JP is easily the best thing about this episode and the season as a whole. It’s chill, you pretty much always know where to go aside from two or three leap-of-faith glides around a corner (which are easy to land and don’t require you to hit a particular pixel at a particular angle), and it has checkpoints that are actually helpful! A+ and cheers to the person or people who made it.

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

I find those long glides a big problem: getting the height. You know it’s right when the glide bar shrinks but most of the time it shrinks 2mm and then changes its mind and i crash into the side of the barrel. The sad thing is I managed it eventually yesterday enough to finish the JP for the diving point but today I can’t get it right at all. :-(

Piken Square forever

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I want to start by saying, Thank you ANet for a truly fun and not frustrating jumping puzzle. This was the first JP since, basically, the Core Tyria that felt like a proper jumping puzzle, where jumping was the point. It made use a gliding in an intelligent way, rather than just saying, “Ok, start gliding and hope you find the next part of the puzzle, who knows if it’ll work out.” The two checkpoints near the bottom are useful. The lack of them at the top is fine because it’s much easier to catch yourself.

I really appreciated this, it wasn’t cake, but it wasn’t frustratingly difficult and long like some of the other Season 3 puzzles have been. I actually was disappointed it was over when I reached the end, I wished I could go just a little bit higher.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I, too, appreciated this JP. It was much more like the JP’s I loved working my way through back in Central Tyria and some parts of HoT.

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Sames. There’s already been another thread complimenting this jp but I’m happy to add my agreement to this thread as well.

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Not tried Abaddons Ascent since the Ember Bay JP sent me over the edge… I take it is a lot better?

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

It’s completely different, and so much better. Except for three (I think) spots where you glide blindly around a corner, it’s pretty much always easy to tell where to go, and there are no “if you don’t land on this precise spot you’ll fall and likely die and have to start all over, enjoy” moments. There are two checkpoints that actually help you since you can use the special action key to TP to the last one you visited if you fall. It’s really quite chill and fun, definitely worth a try.

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I hated it more than ember bay. I was swearing and cursing like a mad man, unable to get beyond the first half a dozen platforms

Right up until the point I discovered I was on the wrong side of the island and in fact not on the jp at all, I was just clambering up random terrain which looked like it might be the start….

Whoops!!

In the end I found the right place and apart from a couple of tricky moments, it was generally not so bad at all. Def would rather see things like this than Chalice of Tears..

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

Same here, I usually keep away from JP’s until my wife told me this one was different and a lot better.. and she was right

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

The new JP [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

It’s easy but long.. I really like it anyway..

I had to do Chalice of Tears again recently.. I can’t stress enough how much I absolutely despise that horrible broken JP..
So glad they’ve moved away from making them like that.