[Theory Sharing][Slight Spoilers] The Vision

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

What are all your theories that you’ve procured from analyzing the vision the Pale Tree shoes you at the end of the most recent chapter?
Breaking it down into parts to place your interpretation:
1. The Forest which which has a face drawn with the branches

2. Shadow of the Dragon flying over the clouds as columns of light burst through. The last of these has some kind of object inside it. This object descends below the clouds.

3. A cavern of crystals. It seems that one of the columns of light is coming from here, and perhaps this place is also housing the object that had previously descended.

4. Tendrils and vines begin to crush the crystals of the cavern and seem to swallow and bury it under numerous layers of vines.

Discuss as you please, though putting it into this order and format may help others understand.

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

My guess is the tree. We already know from sylvari living story there is more than one tree. Our tree was changed by Ventari teachings. So that now we have a small vision of what’s to come. Another Sylvari community we know is out there. So how many other communities are there. I think that is what we were seeing.

in Living World

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

1. The pale tree is the face, this is something she’s “seen”

2. I think it’s a stylized version of the crash of the zephyrites in dry top. The object is likely Glint’s baby

3. Glint’s baby is hiding out as Moredremoth’s influence spreads

4. The pale tree is worried that Moredremoth (or something equally evil) will get to the baby and something bad will happen. Glint was freed from Kralkatorrik’s influence, so her offspring are probably also free willed, and if it (the baby) contains enough magic to be interesting to another elder dragon in the immediate area, who knows what could happen. Or if the inquest experiment on it, like they love to do. Or if the Master of Peace really isn’t peaceful.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in Living World

Posted by: Nightbringer Tenchi.5794

Nightbringer Tenchi.5794

There are a few things that don’t seem to fit right with most of the theories and speculation i have read thus far. so i dug a little deeper and have a few theories of my own. so lets start with the pale tree’s vision.

Number 1) at the start of the vision we see a face shaped by branches, and now with Points of Interest concluded for now we know 1 thing to be certan. Faolain is involved. the branches shape almost the shape of faolains face, Scarlet seemed to act in a way similar to the Nobles in Twilight Arbor and the armor from that dungeon is composed of vines, thin leaves and thorns, resembling the tendrels of mordremoth.

Number 2) the sky lights. this clearly has to do with the zephyrites. they where transporting something so valuable that it needed to be kept secret. and hearing the zephyrites talk about glint throughout drytop only conferms the next point.

Number 3) the crystal valley. jagged crystals and an egg shaped object. kind of like the Dragon’s Lair in Guild Wars 1. the zephyries there smuggling one or more of glints eggs. which would also explain why the mad bomber(a sylvari, probably taken by “nightmare”) was blowing up the ships and searching for something.

Number 4) the vines break everything. this can only mean 1 of 2 things. either this proves that the elder dragons know no kinship for each other, Mordremoth recognizing the egg as a servant of kralkatorrik and wanting to destroy it. OR they recognize each other as allies and Mordremoth is attempting to protect the object. but this relies entirely on the idea that this object is one of glint’s eggs, and anyone who played the Dragon’s Lair missions know, she had many eggs.

and lets dispel the idea of the Mursaat being involved at all for 2 simple facts. 1) the Mursaat are from the Isle of Janthir, WAY too far north to be involved with any dragon. and 2) all the Mursaat where killed by the titans or in the battle for lions arch, save for the Aspect of Lazarus. we only know 1 thing about they’re race, they don’t grow they’re numbers. i have reason to believe that the Mursaat use Jade construct because they cant replenish they’re numbers. that said they’re involvement in the current story is highly unlikely.

but with that said there is some little known lore that might shed some light on another bit of a hot topic for this season; where did Rytlock go?

The First Clue; to dispel the curse on the ghosts, the sword must return in the hands of the rightful heir to the throne of ascalon, whom has already been confirmed to be Queen Jennah. so that would tell us easily why the ritual failed. but that’s the easy one. lets dig a little deeper.

The Second Clue; the whole that sohothin drops into is blue and otherworldly, obviously its The Mists, but not The Mists that we know. lore in Guild Wars 1 tells of a powerful arcanist who specialized in the study of temporal distortions, Lord Odran. he was able to gain access to the mists, the rift and even the hall of heroes where they human gods are said to be. but still that doesn’t feel quite right. so we have a 3rd idea of what might have happened.

The Third Clue; Sohothin. both Magdaer AND Sohothin where forged before the Exodus of the gods, which means that its highly likely that 1 or more gods had a hand in creating them, but only 1 god seems to like both fire and weapons. Balthazar.

So from what we know of the sword and lore, its entirely possible that the portal Rytlock entered as he chased his magic sword lead to either the hall of heroes, or even more likely, the Fissure of Woe, Balthazar’s own realm. and if he met with the human god himself that would explain why he has fire coming from his eyes.

But i guess we will have to wait a while longer before we start getting answers to our questions.

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The vision is really simple and you guys are thinking too much about it.

The mother tree said that she’s been fighting Mord influence from corrupting the Pale Tree and all the sylvaris in it. Thus she showed us a vision of what will happen after she fades.

1) The nightmare court will rise.
2) The destruction of Mord will spread (thus it shows the shadow flying about while things blows up)
3) Mord’s influence will reach the Crystal Desert all the way to the Tomb of the Primeval Kings
4) Lastly, the vines will be everywhere.

A vision to a future that can happen if she fades and we did nothing.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Posted by: Moltakfire.6834

Moltakfire.6834

The mother tree said that she’s been fighting Mord influence from corrupting the Pale Tree and all the sylvaris in it. Thus she showed us a vision of what will happen after she fades.

2) The destruction of Mord will spread (thus it shows the shadow flying about while things blows up)
3) Mord’s influence will reach the Crystal Desert all the way to the Tomb of the Primeval Kings

Expand your mind a bit The Nightmare court are probably related to Mordremoth in some way. I’m not entirely sure the Crystal Desert is involved right now (not that any of us are wrong, we don’t know what’s right at this time!). Solely because the Crystal Desert, from a story telling viewpoint, is from the Kralkatorrik chapter, which we haven’t really touched on fully yet (the only recent indication we’ve had is Trahearne’s throwaway line about the Pact heading to fight him). These two visions have been both symbolic, and objective, all you need is to expand your imagination a bit. Go into Omadd’s crazy box!

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Expand your mind a bit The Nightmare court are probably related to Mordremoth in some way. I’m not entirely sure the Crystal Desert is involved right now (not that any of us are wrong, we don’t know what’s right at this time!). Solely because the Crystal Desert, from a story telling viewpoint, is from the Kralkatorrik chapter, which we haven’t really touched on fully yet (the only recent indication we’ve had is Trahearne’s throwaway line about the Pact heading to fight him). These two visions have been both symbolic, and objective, all you need is to expand your imagination a bit. Go into Omadd’s crazy box!

I’ve already expanded my thoughts (see #3) only because Mord’s reach is already in Ascalon. If the Shiverpeak didn’t stop him, the Ascalon mountains to the south surely won’t either. Since we also know that Mord is attracted to power, the only place where power surges in the Crystal Desert is in the Tombs, where a portal to the Mist exists.

To expand it even further, once Mord tapped into the Tombs, Kralka’ will surely get attacted to it also — which means, while we’re fighting Mord, Kralka’ will control the Tombs and he will be the next ED to beat (of course only if Jormag remains dormant).

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

There are a few things that don’t seem to fit right with most of the theories and speculation i have read thus far. so i dug a little deeper and have a few theories of my own. so lets start with the pale tree’s vision.

Number 1) at the start of the vision we see a face shaped by branches, and now with Points of Interest concluded for now we know 1 thing to be certan. Faolain is involved. the branches shape almost the shape of faolains face, Scarlet seemed to act in a way similar to the Nobles in Twilight Arbor and the armor from that dungeon is composed of vines, thin leaves and thorns, resembling the tendrels of mordremoth.

Number 2) the sky lights. this clearly has to do with the zephyrites. they where transporting something so valuable that it needed to be kept secret. and hearing the zephyrites talk about glint throughout drytop only conferms the next point.

Number 3) the crystal valley. jagged crystals and an egg shaped object. kind of like the Dragon’s Lair in Guild Wars 1. the zephyries there smuggling one or more of glints eggs. which would also explain why the mad bomber(a sylvari, probably taken by “nightmare”) was blowing up the ships and searching for something.

Number 4) the vines break everything. this can only mean 1 of 2 things. either this proves that the elder dragons know no kinship for each other, Mordremoth recognizing the egg as a servant of kralkatorrik and wanting to destroy it. OR they recognize each other as allies and Mordremoth is attempting to protect the object. but this relies entirely on the idea that this object is one of glint’s eggs, and anyone who played the Dragon’s Lair missions know, she had many eggs.

and lets dispel the idea of the Mursaat being involved at all for 2 simple facts. 1) the Mursaat are from the Isle of Janthir, WAY too far north to be involved with any dragon. and 2) all the Mursaat where killed by the titans or in the battle for lions arch, save for the Aspect of Lazarus. we only know 1 thing about they’re race, they don’t grow they’re numbers. i have reason to believe that the Mursaat use Jade construct because they cant replenish they’re numbers. that said they’re involvement in the current story is highly unlikely.

but with that said there is some little known lore that might shed some light on another bit of a hot topic for this season; where did Rytlock go?

The First Clue; to dispel the curse on the ghosts, the sword must return in the hands of the rightful heir to the throne of ascalon, whom has already been confirmed to be Queen Jennah. so that would tell us easily why the ritual failed. but that’s the easy one. lets dig a little deeper.

The Second Clue; the whole that sohothin drops into is blue and otherworldly, obviously its The Mists, but not The Mists that we know. lore in Guild Wars 1 tells of a powerful arcanist who specialized in the study of temporal distortions, Lord Odran. he was able to gain access to the mists, the rift and even the hall of heroes where they human gods are said to be. but still that doesn’t feel quite right. so we have a 3rd idea of what might have happened.

The Third Clue; Sohothin. both Magdaer AND Sohothin where forged before the Exodus of the gods, which means that its highly likely that 1 or more gods had a hand in creating them, but only 1 god seems to like both fire and weapons. Balthazar.

So from what we know of the sword and lore, its entirely possible that the portal Rytlock entered as he chased his magic sword lead to either the hall of heroes, or even more likely, the Fissure of Woe, Balthazar’s own realm. and if he met with the human god himself that would explain why he has fire coming from his eyes.

But i guess we will have to wait a while longer before we start getting answers to our questions.

I agree with everything you said apart for what you said about the Mursaat. We don’t know if they are all dead. We know the ones that where in Kryta are dead save 1. There is no proof that Janthia is void of Mursaat. They may still live a few. And I mean a few 10 at most. I feel if there where more the Mantle would be a little more than just bandits. And I think it would take more than just one Murssat to “keep the faith” so to speak.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Incorrect.
We do not know for sure that the Mursaat come from Janthir, though it is probable that they have/had as strong presence in one form or another on that island. Even so its distance can’t be much more of a factor then it was for the areas of eastern Ascalon that Mordy attacked. Its also been speculated for years that the Mursaat had a presence in the Maguuma somewhere. One of the biggest hints is Saul D’lessio’s story where he was driven from Kryta and came across the “Unseen City” in what is very likely to be in the Jungle.
We do not know anything about whether or not the Mursaat can’t reproduce. There is nothing in GW1 or GW2 lore that says anything about that. We don’t know how many may have survived besides Lazarus The Dire, prior to gw1’s War In Kryta event everyone already though Lazarus was the last, but at the time he wasn’t. There may yet have been more.

Hate is Fuel.

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

I’m going to disagree with this until more evidence shows up to prove that Faolain is behind this. Here are my reasons:

(1) Last month, Angel McCoy said, “We make every effort to say only truth in our interviews, but the reality is that interviews are simply not as reliable as what you see in the game.” You can find her entire forum post here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/Interesting-things-in-Scarlet-s-Room-Spoilers/page/5#post4193104

Points of Interest is a very good show, but it’s only meant for entertainment. The devs could give us a red herring during any of these interviews. The only reliable story information is what we players find in the game.

(2) If Faolain wants to murder her mother, what is her motive? Why would she want to be Mordie’s champion? Faolain is a firstborn with a domineering personality. Heck, she dominated Caedyn, the founder of the Nightmare Court.

In the White Stag / Where life goes Sylvari storyline, we learn that the Nightmare court wants to turn the Pale Tree to the Nightmare. The last time the Sylvari PCs saw her was in the Light in the Darkness personal story step. Non-Sylvari last saw her at the end of the TA dungeon story when Caithe told off Faolain. I haven’t seen anything in the game that indicates the Duchess of the Nightmare Court wants to kill her mother or be Mordie’s champion.

TO EVERYONE: If you haven’t played the Sylvari storyline, I recommend doing so. You’ll get alot of info on the Nightmare court and their mission. You’ll also get to see the first time the Shadow of the Dragon shows up in the GW lore! I recommend picking the White Stag storyline and making your character’s philosophy “Where Life Goes, so too, should you.” If your character is cycle of dusk or cycle of night you’ll get access to some extra information during the early parts of the story as well as info in the Grove.

If you decide to go with the Moon Storyline, you’ll get to see the inner workings of the Court

(edited by kta.6502)

in Living World

Posted by: Nightbringer Tenchi.5794

Nightbringer Tenchi.5794

The Grayhawk.9107

Incorrect.
We do not know for sure that the Mursaat come from Janthir, though it is probable that they have/had as strong presence in one form or another on that island.

Published on September 25th 2007 PC Gamer Ultimate Guild Wars Guide(with code for Mini Destroyer of Flesh pet) is an article on the movement of the world, the dragons rizing, races doing things ect. and in that article written by Arenanet staff it stats that “When the Door of Komalie was opened and the titans where unleashed, they spread far throughout tyria, even as far as the mursaat’s home. killing most of them.” so while we don’t know exactly where came from we know 2 things, the titans knew, went there and killed them, and that its somewhere in tyria. “but there where titans in the maguuma jungle!”. yeah, and if you played the quests the titans where there to take the henge of denravi, NOT hunt the mursaat. and in Saul D’lessio’s history its written that “Saul wandered through a dense forest for several days.” not a jungle, as well as the mursaat’s “city of massive towers reaching into the heavens.” which are no where to be found on the explorable continent of tyria in guild wars 1. ADDITIONALLY in the PC Gamer article its written that “The Mursaat that survived the Titans with the help of the White Mantle where all in the Battle for Lions Arch, of which the only one to survive was Lazarus who fled and swore revenge on Kryta for his entire race.” so that looks pretty definitive to me.

kta.6502

Last month, Angel McCoy said

Firstly, Angel McCoy is as reliable as Peter Fries or Lief Chappelle. so i’m choosing to listen to what Peter and Lief said 13 days ago instead of what Angel said 1 month ago. additionally, while she may have been on Point of Interest in the past, i don’t recall her being on the show for this season/being known to work on this season(emphasis on the i don’t recall part).

Secondly

the Nightmare court wants to turn the Pale Tree to the Nightmare.

this is technically wrong as the goal of Faolain and the Nightmare Court is to turn sylvari away from the teachings of Ventari but in the Where Life Goes story line, we find out that not only is Malyck NOT born of the pale tree and that there is more then one Sylvari birthing tree that “Malyck’s value to the Nightmare court was that, should he be discovered, they would decide that Malyck’s Tree would fall more easily to turn to nightmare than the Pale Tree, lacking the protection of Ventari’s Tablet and being therefore closer to the “true” nature of the sylvari." so the REAL target of the Nightmare Court is Ventari’s tablet, and if killing the pale tree will further her plans, ESPECIALLY if it means Caithe will fall to nightmare, which faolain has emphasized happening many times, then she might go that far.

Think about it. Nightmare Court is to Mordremoth as the Sons of Svanir are to Jormag. its a mental corruption, like what happened to Scarlet. remember, when Scarlet looked into the eternal alchemy, something looked back. and since Mordremoth was awake when you went in you wouldnt see it there anymore. which ALSO supports the fact that the Shadow of the Dragon is the very first boss in the sylvari story line you fight in the dream. the only “red harring” here is the constant talk about the Mursaat, and you both prove its working.

So instead of trying to tell me I’m wrong, since its just a theory, how about you explain your own theories instead.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Honestly, I don’t know what to make of the vision at the end. It’s a bit vague. That being said, I still doubt that the Mursaat are involved. I think the predictions involving the Mursaat are just wishful thinking. I see no evidence that Mordy needs the Mursaat, and I think Mordy is more powerful than the Mursaat.

I also don’t think that the NC are affected by Mordy any more than the rest of the sylvari as I believe they are still under the protection of the dream. Similarly, I don’t think Caithe has anything to do with Mordy. If anyone informed Mordy of the summit, my money is on Kasmeer.

Finally, I think that when the living story returns, the first episode will open a new area in Maguuma. As Trehearne mentioned a new forward camp at the summit.

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

what i got from that vision was mursaat city, glints baby and mordremoths champion, the rest i put down to style and attribute no plot significance.

it would make sense for there to be a mursaat city (probably abandoned) as we head more towards the isle of janthir which was supposedly their area, could find something there to help fight mordremoth

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Living World

Posted by: Phineas Drayke.6381

Phineas Drayke.6381

Little question about this part: Where do we see Rytlock coming back with fire in his eyes? I didn’t see him come back… Did I miss something here?

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Check the Rytlock wallpaper from the past living story.