When will LS3 part 2 come out?- Predictions [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Between Southsun and the Ring of Fire, I personally prefer the latter.

I’m not completely clear on GW1 lore, but wasn’t that where the 1st bloodstone was located? Was it destroyed during Prophecies?

There’s one in Straits of Devastation, Bloodstone Fen, Arah, in Ring of Fire, and one other location. The first bloodstone that the player would have run into would have been the one in Bloodstone Fen. None of them were destroyed from what I remember.

How do you come by these locations? Bloodstone Fen is the one in the Maguuma Jungle. There’s one in the Bloodstone Caves in the Shiverpeaks. Then there’s the one that is still in the Ring of Fire. But Straits of Devastation and Arah? The original bloodstone was in Arah, yes. But after it was split in 5 pieces it was thrown into the volcano in the Ring of Fire. Then that exploded and they got scattered across the world, with only the locations of 3 known.

Play GW1 and you’ll know the three that players were introduced to including where they are now in relation to GW2’s map. Doing the Arah dungeon will introduce you to the 4th.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Whatever happens with the new Ring of Fire, I hope they bring back the hydras and their meteor showers. Tis not a good Ring of Fire without its Hydras everywhere.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/11142/Guild-Wars-2-Episode-2-Drops-September-20th-Takes-Us-Back-to-the-Ring-of-Fire.html

It appears Episode 2 will be released on the 20th of September and take place in a new zone called Ember’s Bay which is located on the Ring of Fire Islands.

Other new features/content (List taken from Dulfy ):
1. Ley Line Gliding Mastery needed to move quickly across the large map.
2. New Mastery, Thermal Propulsion (Ancient Magic tier 2) costs 3 Mastery Points and allow you to shoot around point to point much like Nuhoch Wallows.
3. New jumping puzzle designed by Josh Foreman at heart of the Mursaat Fortress
4. Heart Quests will be returning in the map with repeatable daily and rewards
5. New rewards include a skritt contract that allow you to summon a skritt merchant, a new weapon set, and new shoulder/gloves from achievements.
6. New bosses including the Molten Dominator. Defeating it will unlock special updrafts that get you to special areas that were previously closed off.
7. New conquest PvP map also arriving with this update – Eternal Coliseum. It is a 5v5 map with 3 capture points and two new items to capture: Sword of Reaping or the Shield of Life. They either finish downed players or give health/shielding and one revive if you fall.
8. New PvP map will be showcased at the Pro League World Championships on Sept 17 on https://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Very excited for this.

Would have loved to see “9. new guild missions” listed though. It has been a while.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So are you ready for the Ring of Fire?!

It is a lot earlier than people expected but hey we can go to the Ring of Fire soon.

Now Queue the Ring of Fire music while we wait!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY

in Living World

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Oh my!

DOUBLE Oh My!!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Yep I was right. Ley Line Gliding is going to be a very important Gliding Perk from here on as more magic is released into the world so will more Ley Line energy for us to use when gliding.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m vibrating with readiness!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Are you sure it’s not Ehmry Bay, the wvw server?

I feel like they’re missing an opportunity.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Shouldn’t it be Heart of Fire, though?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’m down for it!

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This is such a terrifying prospect that I just want to cry. Cause you know there will be an achievement tied to it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Water in the map!

kitten I hope there is a good amount of underwater content and that they might consider working on that aspect of the game (laying foundations for the purpose of DSD in the future).

in Living World

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

This is such a terrifying prospect that I just want to cry. Cause you know there will be an achievement tied to it.

If I understand correctly, Josh is the same dev that designed the jumping puzzles in Lion’s Arch, Southsun Cove, Silverwastes, and many others.

I, for one, am looking forward to it.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in Living World

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I am feeling overhyped about this!!! Ring of fire was awesome in guild wars, glad to see it back

in Living World

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

I have read a couple of speculation threads in this forums, and in reddit of where Seis Burntheart has been going since she popped up in Frostgorge Sound…

There were way too many people saying there is no correlation of Primordus and Ring of Fire that it was VERY UNLIKELY that we will be going there on the next living story episode. That us going to the Dominion of The Winds(Tengu Map) is much better or the D’ Alessio Seaboard(idk who ever thought about this LOL)…or that Ring of Fire is an expansion type map….

I really didn’t get all this speculations, because imo it was a straight line every week, and we kept going closer and closer to the Ring of Fire, and yet everyone just kept dismissing that fact. Just because we know the Titans was under control of Abaddon in GW1 Nightfall, that doesn’t mean it can’t be controlled by Primordus before that.
Do understand that on the timeline of GW1 Nightfall, all the dragons were still sleeping…this “Human Gods” knew about the elder dragons, but we do not know the reach of their power…so basically we don’t have enough information to say that Primordus has no relation with Ring of Fire, but that DOES NOT discount the fact that there are still information out there that only the devs know, and we will slowly learn it in the coming living story patches.

Primordus – elder dragon of fire…Ring of Fire…..makes sense to me….just because Abaddon controlled the titans….The undead lich controlled the titans through the use of the staff of orr…..does not necessarily mean that Primordus has no control over them.
Most importantly, I would like to hear from the people who kept on saying that “WE WON’T GO TO RING OF FIRE” on other threads both here and in reddit, and hear what they have to say now that they have been proven wrong.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Points to posts on this page with links to MMORPG story.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

As far as I know, we aren’t sure what we are following to the Ring of Fire – in some ways it doesn’t make sense that we would be following Primordus from the Central Transfer Chamber, since we know he moved away from there a long time ago.

The Ring of Fire is also as Mursaat Stronghold and we know the new map will have the Fortress as a key landmark. We could be following up on a thread involving Lazarus and this Molten Dominator could be a Mursaat minion/creation.

Or Primordus or a significant army of his is located under the volcanic ring and we are going there as our first port to take him down.

At this time, no one is right or wrong

in Living World

J envy.5270

As far as I know, we aren’t sure what we are following to the Ring of Fire – in some ways it doesn’t make sense that we would be following Primordus from the Central Transfer Chamber, since we know he moved away from there a long time ago.

The Ring of Fire is also as Mursaat Stronghold and we know the new map will have the Fortress as a key landmark. We could be following up on a thread involving Lazarus and this Molten Dominator could be a Mursaat minion/creation.

Or Primordus or a significant army of his is located under the volcanic ring and we are going there as our first port to take him down.

True…but at the end of my post i’m mostly pointing out all that skeptics about us not going to Ring of Fire at all….too many skeptics saying it was highly unlikely, and i would like to hear from them…

As far as what we are be going to do in the Ring of Fire, i have no clue and i have no quarrel about that…..but the point remains that we are indeed going the the ring of fire and not the other choices the alot of speculators kept emphasizing for weeks(which was annoyingly 1 sided).

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Living World

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

2. New Mastery, Thermal Propulsion (Ancient Magic tier 2) costs 3 Mastery Points and allow you to shoot around point to point much like Nuhoch Wallows.

Worth quoting the actual article on these two points, because there are a lot of ways to mis-interpret “needed”:

players would be wise right now to train up their Ley Line Gliding Mastery in order to rove quickly about the pretty large map (that’s the top tier of the Gliding Mastery). That said, if you’ve still got work to do there, don’t fret. Ancient Magic’s 2nd Tier will now have Thermal Propulsion which just costs 3 Mastery XP and allows you to basically be shot around from point to point across Ember Bay.

4. Heart Quests will be returning in the map with repeatable daily and rewards

Hearts were pretty boring, I thought. Adventures were a much better take on the idea, especially since (unlike Hearts), they aren’t required for map completion.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Living World

tobascodagama.2961

Apparently, all you had to do to make Kill 10 Rats quests popular was give them a pretty map icon. Someone tell Blizzard.

in Living World

Worth quoting the actual article on these two points, because there are a lot of ways to mis-interpret “needed”:

I’ve quoted two articles in the original post.. The list with content was taken directly from Dulfy.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What difference does it make that there were skeptics before today’s announcements?

There are all sorts of good reasons to have believed we were heading elsewhere (and all sorts of bad ones, too). But now that ANet has told us the next zone, there’s no more speculation possible about …where the next zone is.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

sounds like he wants an I told you so moment…if that’s the case, you shouldn’t be so happy about it as there was only 2 places it could be leading us to… so congrats, you guessed right on a 50/50 chance location?

in Living World

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I’m not completely clear on GW1 lore, but wasn’t that where the 1st bloodstone was located? Was it destroyed during Prophecies?

There’s one in Straits of Devastation, Bloodstone Fen, Arah, in Ring of Fire, and one other location. The first bloodstone that the player would have run into would have been the one in Bloodstone Fen. None of them were destroyed from what I remember.

How do you come by these locations? Bloodstone Fen is the one in the Maguuma Jungle. There’s one in the Bloodstone Caves in the Shiverpeaks. Then there’s the one that is still in the Ring of Fire. But Straits of Devastation and Arah? The original bloodstone was in Arah, yes. But after it was split in 5 pieces it was thrown into the volcano in the Ring of Fire. Then that exploded and they got scattered across the world, with only the locations of 3 known.

Play GW1 and you’ll know the three that players were introduced to including where they are now in relation to GW2’s map. Doing the Arah dungeon will introduce you to the 4th.

It’s pretty clear from the dialogue in Arah that it’s just shards left over from the bloodstone shattering, but not one of the actual 5 pieces they shattered it into. Like the shards we had to find across the current map of Tyria a few weeks ago. Those aren’t actual bloodstones, but tiny pieces from the explosion of the actual bloodstone. That bloodstone is most definitely destroyed. That leaves the one in Ring of Fire and the one in the Shiverpeaks. And it still leaves 2 unaccounted for.

And how about the Straits of Devastation bloodstone you mentioned? You said nothing about that in your reply.

I played GW1. But that timeline is 250 years ago. A lot can change in 250 years.

in Living World

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I would just like to point out that there’s a bloodstone in the ring of fire with a huge amount of magical power.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

True…but at the end of my post i’m mostly pointing out all that skeptics about us not going to Ring of Fire at all….too many skeptics saying it was highly unlikely, and i would like to hear from them…

As far as what we are be going to do in the Ring of Fire, i have no clue and i have no quarrel about that…..but the point remains that we are indeed going the the ring of fire and not the other choices the alot of speculators kept emphasizing for weeks(which was annoyingly 1 sided).

That’s the fun thing about theorizing about what might happen. Anyone can be right or wrong. And until there is confirmation, nobody is either right or wrong. You guessed right. So did I. So what? Those who believed we wouldn’t go to the Ring of Fire had their reasons, just as we had ours for believing we would go there. Unless they didn’t explain why they thought we’d be going somewhere else, you already have an answer to your question. Unless your question masks the fact that you actually want to hear that you were right. So here it goes: you were right. xD

in Living World

FrizzFreston.5290

Wholeheartedly disagree. Adventurers are the worst idea ANet ever added to the game. And to have mastery points and achievements locked behind them? I hope to God adventures never see the light of day again.

Bring on the Heart Quests!

Those meddling adventurers! xD

But tbh, what’s locked behind adventures technically doesn’t make them bad or the worst idea. :p

in Living World

Adventurers are the worst idea ANet ever added to the game.

I know right, who do these adventurers think they are! saving the world all the time like they own the place

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

FrizzFreston.5290

ArenaNet knew it first. Any claims who knew beforehand are speculation and are a guess. It doesn’t matter who guessed right.

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

in Living World

J envy.5270

Haha i guess i could have worded things better. I don’t care for being right and others being wrong. I mostly wanted to know the reactions of those who said that we are more likely to go to dominion of the winds or d alessio seaboard, since it apparently has more relation to the current story. Tengu from dominion of the winds fighting destroyers, and white mantle from d alessio seaboard.

What i wanted to hear is their reaction now that its definitely going to be ring of fire as the next map coming from living story, and not the others that they kept speculating for weeks. It was just too funny that no one or atleast none that i have read was speculating and defending the idea of ring of fire as the next stop for the living story, and they all got played by anet.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Living World

J envy.5270

Hopefully the door of komalie is still there and we get to see titans again.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in Living World

FrizzFreston.5290

I don’t understand how anyone got played. ArenaNet didn’t pick the Ring of Fire island chain to play people but as a natural progression of the story.

It could equally be explained as bad story telling or bad speculation.

in Living World

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

lol OP was so wrong but in a great way

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Living World

Fenom.9457

I bet theo ther two are in Janthir and Deldrimor areas

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There are several existing threads on the topic. Here’s one:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/LS3-Episode-2-September-20th

Good luck.

in Living World

Posted by: shaythan.1398

shaythan.1398

Oh, i tried to delete the thread since there were already open threads about it.. looks like i only deleted my own post…

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

It’s pretty clear from the dialogue in Arah that it’s just shards left over from the bloodstone shattering, but not one of the actual 5 pieces they shattered it into. Like the shards we had to find across the current map of Tyria a few weeks ago. Those aren’t actual bloodstones, but tiny pieces from the explosion of the actual bloodstone. That bloodstone is most definitely destroyed. That leaves the one in Ring of Fire and the one in the Shiverpeaks. And it still leaves 2 unaccounted for.

And how about the Straits of Devastation bloodstone you mentioned? You said nothing about that in your reply.

I played GW1. But that timeline is 250 years ago. A lot can change in 250 years.

I did not clarify about the Straits of Devastation one as anyone who has played GW1 would know exactly which one that is.

I’m probably mistaken about the Arah one as I haven’t played it in many years. That leaves two still accounted for just like it was when we left off with GW1.

There is no indication that any of the Bloodstones have been destroyed by the way unless you want to count the Bloodstone Fen one being split into smaller pieces. I don’t remember seeing any indication that it was destroyed any more than it was when broken into the original five pieces.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Wholeheartedly disagree. Adventurers are the worst idea ANet ever added to the game. And to have mastery points and achievements locked behind them? I hope to God adventures never see the light of day again.

Bring on the Heart Quests!

An activity that you have to do daily for rewards…..potentially including mini-games ?

Sounds like its still adventures by another name my friend. It’s almost like adventures and heart quest are literally the same thing. Some people will still not be able to do these “new Heart Quest” and will complain that they are immersion breaking and hide things behind them they are unable to get.

in Living World

tobascodagama.2961

But tbh, what’s locked behind adventures technically doesn’t make them bad or the worst idea. :p

Yeah. The wisdom of putting Mastery Points and Collection items behind Adventures is debatable, but it’s a debate totally orthogonal to whether Adventures were a good or bad idea to begin with.

in Living World

Fenom.9457

my ONLY concern is there are 3 more slivers of jungle! I hope we get them before we move away from the jungle-related stories entirely, otherwise when will we get them? If we don’t get em it’ll drive my ocd insane, not to mention the devs have said before they want to map the whole world (and the evidence shows, especially that they took the time to make a tiny map like BSF).

in Living World

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Ring of Fire is very near Dragon Stand, will have regard to the second area in DS that have not yet implemented (Deserted Coast and Thorn Hollow)? I’m a huge fan of GW2 and geography maps system. Dragon Stand is in the state of art in visual terms. The idea of map the whole world is like a utopia to me:)

in Living World

Fenom.9457

Ring of Fire is very near Dragon Stand, will have regard to the second area in DS that have not yet implemented (Deserted Coast and Thorn Hollow)? I’m a huge fan of GW2 and geography maps system. Dragon Stand is in the state of art in visual terms. The idea of map the whole world is like a utopia to me:)

Maybe we’re secretly getting another map: Lush Overlook! It’ll be the pass between DS and rata sum, as well as the edge of the continent. The story goes we’ve been tracking Lazarus’ magic signature through the jungle. When we reach the edge of the continent we see a boat or something and conclude he’s heading to the ROF, boom Ember Bay.

How do you think we’ll get the journey to Ember Bay set up?

in Living World

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I am looking forward to Ember Bay and Ring of Fire for sure. I would love to see more adventures as well!

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

I did not clarify about the Straits of Devastation one as anyone who has played GW1 would know exactly which one that is.

I’m probably mistaken about the Arah one as I haven’t played it in many years. That leaves two still accounted for just like it was when we left off with GW1.

There is no indication that any of the Bloodstones have been destroyed by the way unless you want to count the Bloodstone Fen one being split into smaller pieces. I don’t remember seeing any indication that it was destroyed any more than it was when broken into the original five pieces.

Then tell me, what was that explosion when we flew into Bloodstone Fen? Consider also the shards we found all over Tyria. Everything in the game is telling us it has been blown to smithereens and the magic absorbed by Lazarus (the concurrent implosion we witnessed). If by destroyed you mean that every tiny molecule of it has been blasted out of existence then no, it isn’t destroyed. But blown to smithereens is equal to destroyed. The magic has been released, which was its purpose in the first place.

Edit: I know there’s the theory that the closed off cave leads to the Bloodstone Caves. But it’s a theory; nothing is confirmed by ANet. Besides, the Bloodstone Caves are located in the Shiverpeaks, outside of Straits of Devastation. That’s why your remark about one being located in the there confused me. The cave entrance is on the northeast side of the map, leading out of Orr and towards the map area west of Timberline Falls. That’s why I don’t consider one of the bloodstones being in Straits of Devastation.

(edited by TheNecrosanct.4028)

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Then tell me, what was that explosion when we flew into Bloodstone Fen?

See the bolded.

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

Then tell me, what was that explosion when we flew into Bloodstone Fen?

See the bolded.

I guess we have different interpretations then. The original bloodstone was split into smaller pieces, 5 to be exact. The one in Bloodstone Fen, one of those 5 pieces of the original one, was blown to smithereens. That’s how I interpret the events that happened. If something explodes, it gets destroyed.

in Living World

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I think primordus is going to the ring of fire island because of lazarus. If i recall the blood stone was created to keep the magic containt in it safe from the dragons. But Lazarus has taken a big chunk of said magic of one of the bloodstone parts. Maybe now the dragons can sense the magic again and primodus is after it hence follows lazarus to the fire islands, which was in the past a mussaat outpost (aka the reason why Lazarus wants to go there).

Heck maybe it is even a trap by Lazarus for the elder dragons and since they are magic hungry and primodus falls for it.

in Living World

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Thanks

I tried shifting through GW1 lore but couldn’t figure out what happened to the Ring of Fire bloodstone after GW1 ended.

Looks like that’s our goal for Ep2 then.