Turai Ossa voice actor?

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: bababear.9630

bababear.9630

I wondered if one of the devs could let me know who the voice actor for Turai Ossa is? Even though he doesn’t say much the voice sounds v familiar and I think I know who it might be.

ty!

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

If you listen closely, it sounds almost identical to Ogden. Probably is, with some sfx effects and distortion layered on.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: bababear.9630

bababear.9630

If you listen closely, it sounds almost identical to Ogden. Probably is, with some sfx effects and distortion layered on.

Ah ok, then I guess it’s Fred Tatasciore like I thought
but because I noticed he sounded like Mad king thorn :’>

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Fred Tatasciore does voice Zeratul.
Which explains why I thought Turai was going to almost say I needed additional pylons.

The voice was almost Protoss in quality, very nice.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Odyssey.2613

I’m just glad they didn’t use the original voice of The Ghostly Hero from GW1. Seriously, that speaking while inhaling effect totally irritated me to no end! Made me want to punch him in the mouth just to get him to knock it off.

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Mad King Thorn. Ossa’s voice was supply by the same man who did Mad King Thorn, I believe… which in turn, unfortunately makes me have a hard time taking anything Ossa says seriously.

sorry…

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I’m just glad they didn’t use the original voice of The Ghostly Hero from GW1. Seriously, that speaking while inhaling effect totally irritated me to no end! Made me want to punch him in the mouth just to get him to knock it off.

Totally disagree with you on that. I was actually really excited to hear his voice again. Don’t have to mention how disappointed I was when they just used mad kings voice.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Odyssey.2613

I was looking forward to it also, minus the inhaling.

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Mad King Thorn. Ossa’s voice was supply by the same man who did Mad King Thorn, I believe… which in turn, unfortunately makes me have a hard time taking anything Ossa says seriously.

sorry…

Yeah, I noticed that’s it was the same voice too. A bit disconcerting to hear it and not think of the mad king.

SBI

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

He started talking and I immediately thought Mad King Thorn. Sounds like the same voice to me.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

(edited by Invictus.1503)

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

The person who voiced Ogden Stonehealer is the same person who voiced Mad King Thorn, and in turn is the same person who voiced Turai Ossa

EDIT: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fred_Tatasciore

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Yes, it’s the highly talented Fred Tatasciore playing the spirit of Turai Ossa, as well as Ogden. Next time, I should try and get them into the same scene together, so that he can talk to himself. :-P

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

or better yet, make him voice more characters and make the conversation even funnier :P

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Yes, it’s the highly talented Fred Tatasciore playing the spirit of Turai Ossa, as well as Ogden. Next time, I should try and get them into the same scene together, so that he can talk to himself. :-P

Scott McNiel had to do stuff like that for Dinobot/Rattrap scenes in Beast Wars.
Apparently the concept is very amusing to some voice directors.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I am a bit sad that they didn’t use the original voice actor for Turai Ossa. Fred Tatasciore is an awesome voice actor, but… Hearing the Mad King as Turai Ossa just super out of place. XD

Besides, all of Turai’s lines in this episode are word-for-word repeats of what he said back in the original GW1 missions. Couldn’t they just have recycled the same voice files?

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Bryon.3164

Bryon.3164

Great now each time I see these characters, before they even speak I’m going to think “Hulk Smash”.

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Besides, all of Turai’s lines in this episode are word-for-word repeats of what he said back in the original GW1 missions. Couldn’t they just have recycled the same voice files?

That would probably require paying additional royalties to the original voice actor, and is more expensive than using someone already in the current game.

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hmm, I’ll take your word for it then. I know next to nothing about how voice actors are paid for their work.

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Sounded like the Mad King to me. . . .

Edit: Ah. I see I was right.

Gone to Reddit.

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

He sounded exactly like Mad King Thorn.

This is one of the very few instances where the audio team could have done better. I would much rather that Turai Ossa had a more unique voice as he is a major character in the history of Tyria.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Turai Ossa voice actor?

in Living World

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

On a side note I just realized last night listening to Eir that she sounds just like the boss from MGS3

(edited by rajule.8054)