What do YOU want to see for Living Story?

in Living World

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

In the Living Story updates to come, what aspects of Tyria and its lore would you like to see explored more in depth?
I feel like Guild Wars 1’s legacy deserves attention—things that relate to the lore of old. I would like to see a Living Story related to the Wizard’s Tower, the Blood Legion Homelands of charr (see northern ascalon), the White Mantle & Mursatt, and Jormag,

What about you? What do you want to see expanded upon?

in Living World

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

More of scarlet

in Living World

Posted by: brom balagon.4903

brom balagon.4903

i wanna see more ascalon, treaty details, what happened to the reforged Magdaer, will ebonhawk rebuild parts of ascalon with there reclaimed lands, will the two swords be reunited in the old ascalon capital, if so which decendent will hold them, jenna or samuelson, how did rydlock get Sohothin anyway, will ebonhawk turn away from jenna’s rule or accept her as there queen and leader

argh so many questions and there just from the top of my head i just want answers already

cmon arena net please!

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Less Scarlet.

Bring back Mursaat.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

-That little spot between the Grove and Rata Sum filled in. (The Tarnished Coast)

-The Maguuma Wastes, what with a possible second “Pale Tree” out there.

-The Dominion of Winds and the Tengu.

-The Crystal Desert.

-The other elder dragons actually doing something.

I’m sure there’s more I’m missing, but that’s what comes to mind.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Living World

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Cantha
Elona
Lazarus the Dire
Seers
Crystal Desert
Kralkatorrik
Primordus
Bubbles
Jormag
Mordremorth
Leviathans
Livia
Sceptre of Orr
Isgarren
The Wizard’s Tower
Remnants of the White Mantle
Deldrimor Front
Dominion of Winds
Blood Legion Homelands
Janthir
Woodland Cascades
Maguuma Wastes
Magus Falls
Blazeridge Mountains
Elon River
Scavenger’s Causeway
I want to explore the known world:

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Cantha
Elona
Lazarus the Dire
Seers
Crystal Desert
Kralkatorrik
Primordus
Bubbles
Jormag
Mordremorth
Leviathans
Livia
Sceptre of Orr
Isgarren
The Wizard’s Tower
Remnants of the White Mantle
Deldrimor Front
Dominion of Winds
Blood Legion Homelands
Janthir
Woodland Cascades
Maguuma Wastes
Magus Falls
Blazeridge Mountains
Elon River
Scavenger’s Causeway
I want to explore the known world:

All of that too, basically.^

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Living World

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

I want to see some elder dragon progression…

#ELEtism

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Wizard’s Tower.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Posted by: Andre.4063

Andre.4063

well I wanna see the World too.
But I want to hear more about the dragons and the war between humanity and the centaurs,the flame leagion ,svanirs…
My first caracter was human so Im very interested in the war against centaurs but all above this I wanna see the dominion of winds and maybe get tengu as an playable race!

in Living World

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

Seriously, where’d the dragons go? The whole personal story – nay, the story in general built up to it, setting the stage to face the most titanic and monstrous forces Tyria’s ever had to deal with.

It’s been well over a year since release. How much content have we seen since then that even barely touched upon what all of GW2 was initially going to be about?

in Living World

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

There’s been a lot on the NC lately, but I have an idea. It’s said that once a Sylvari turns to the NC they can not return to the dream. Some one wonders into back into the pale tree and act like they’ve woken up from a nightmare, they have returned to the dream. He talks vaguely about someone he met. This person has ability to reverse the nightmare. Caithe searches for this person finds clues about him, but fails to find him. She believes he could be used to end the nightmare. She summons the rest of DE to help and the Order of Whispers. Before they arrive she receives a message to meet him . Caithe does not want this power to fall to the NC, so she agrees to meet.

Caithe has not returned, and the mother tree feels a great loss, but does not know what happend. The Order of Whispers and DE are tasked tracking her and the person she met. Reports begin to come in of increased NC attacks and the Vigil is called in to defend towns from NC. As the Vigil pushes back the NC Caithe and her lover Faolain confront the mother tree. The Order of Whispers receives a report Caithe is attacking the pale tree. DE confront Caithe and find the mother tree almost dead. They attack Caithe and Faolain while the mother tree retreats to a safer place. At the end of the fight Faolain is dead and Caithe retreats swearing revenge for the death of her lover. DE agree to commit to return Caithe to DE and to the dream.

A fractal could be made of how Cathie was made to join the Nightmare Court. Items from the fractal are reminders of Cathie’s former self.

This could be the start of a dragons champ seeking to destroy DE and the leaders of the orders before the next dragon attack, or something else.

(edited by Midnight Gypsy.9360)

in Living World

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

Dragons.

This game used to be about the Elder Dragons, right?

I mean, that wasn’t some sort of fever dream I had?

in Living World

Posted by: Ruby.1873

Ruby.1873

1. Locations around Tyria e.g. Cantha, Elona, Crystal Desert
2. Dragon Related content
3. Content involving Factions or Orders. Want to learn more lore about them and engage further with them
4. Lessor Races, Tengu, Kodan, Quaggans!

(dF) Driven By Fury
Maya Atula – Mesmer

in Living World

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

Crystal Desert, the forgotten, White Mantle, Mursaat

in Living World

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

in Living World

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

First of all, the LS should not focus on only one thing, but should affect a lot of zones. Some invasions with Tyria’s Joker, something new at Southsun, and a new pirates attack, all in the same update. The world doesn’t change one part at a time, do you know?

Second, some of the LS should be permanent. Sure, the invasions ended, but the pirates attack changed the attacked town, and the new boss at Southsun is there to stay.

And third, yes, we want more dragons. We want to be heroes. Give us the chance of doing something heroic.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Living World

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Sword Master Bongo the One Eyed becoming a hero character.

in Living World

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

More baby Quaggans

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

more quaggans, make a quaggan LS

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

More of the races stabbing each other in the back.
I want the Svanir to move into Charr territory, laying waste to things because the Molten ticked them off and Jormagg told them to consume Flame Legion.

I want the Hylek to begin taking shots at the Asura because some ancient evil tied to an ancient White Mantel artifact gave them delusions of power.

I want to see a group of Bandits lead attacks into Sylvari holdings because a Nightmare Court nobility paid them to lead the charge against Pale Tree’s children and thus giving them trauma. If the Humans die, well less of that race for the Court to deal with later.

I want to see a former Molten Shaman bow before an evil guild that is forming because someone found armor associated with Saul D’Alessio thinks he/she can take down Destiny’s Edge and their precious Pact Commander (the player) in order to fulfill a prophecy they believe.

I want to see multiple factions vying for power and prestige, not just simple lower races I cull for trophies and loot drops.

I want Tyria in thrown into the flames of war and my hero to put his hand into the fire and pull it out.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

They should develop a guild wars utopia expansion for guild wars 1.

in Living World

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

something well structured story wise,the story so far seems to childish,serious consequences and threats,also gw1 related content,more cut scenes and choices.personal story related stuff,order or pact related stuff…dragon stuff…you name it

in Living World

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

If I want something for any future Living Story, it must meet these conditions:

-Kick Angel McCoy out of the LS group and place her where she does less damage to the lore and story
-Rehired any Writers that did the Guild Wars Beyond, the Charr Personal Story, and the Asura Personal Story
-Work on adding more area and focus on that area and its inhabitants. For example, in Ebonhawke, you could watch and help the treaty finish on both side and even have a Gate to Lion’s Arch open up, or help the humans fend off the Centaurs and have a dungeon at the World Boss area in the Harathi Hinterlands and use the dungeon to explore the lore on the Centaur, the Bandits they work for, their technology, and even the slavery that goes around it.
-Gemshop is inevitable, but don’t use it as an excuse to keep Scarlet around. Use it to benefit the Living Story. That being said…
-KILL OR RETCON OFF SCARLET

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Personally I’d like to see LS stop, LW however can continue at a slower pace. Trying to bridge everything that happens together on a bi weekly schedule isn’t working. They have been trying it since January, time to let it go. September was good because it had SAB2 and Teq. They were completely disjointed from LS and they worked. I understand some players weren’t crazy about the actual events and that’s not what I am referring to here just how they had nothing to do with anything else, if you disliked them you skipped them but they were there to try. There was no hassle with trying to keep up with anything else, an Asura made a cool arcade machine and a dragon got stronger because why not?

They can come up with a nice story, introduce new mechanics and zones to explore there’s a word for it, oh yes it’s called an Expansion, yes we need one of those in the works.

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

-That little spot between the Grove and Rata Sum filled in. (The Tarnished Coast)

-The Maguuma Wastes, what with a possible second “Pale Tree” out there.

-The Dominion of Winds and the Tengu.

-The Crystal Desert.

-The other elder dragons actually doing something.

I’m sure there’s more I’m missing, but that’s what comes to mind.

Yup. Pretty much all that. Especially the Elder Dragons being added. The war against the Elder Dragon was this games whole kitten point. LS has been everything with absolutely nothing to DO with the war. Personally, don’t give a tinkers kitten about Scarlett, or any of the LS since SS. Jubilee was fun, but didn’t care about the story. Have had twiggings in my mind that LS is setting up the Humans for extinction, (in next game, if one) since they have mostly been about everything attacking them since Molten Alliance. You can only fight on so many fronts before you get wiped out.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

when I heard about woodenpotatoes idea behind the wizard’s tower I thought “wow, what a great couple of chapters that would be” and how he ties it in with GW1 lore. Brilliant. But then came Scarlet and its been crap ever since. But it should all be over soon… no more obnoxious rhubarb, and her sickening dialogue.

in Living World

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

^
Exactly what Shriketalon has put forth in both their thread and in the CDI- LS thread. It is spot on in its entirety with what I would like, as well as expected, and what I was surprised/disappointed to find was not what the LS/LW was going to be and has been. I’m actually curiously amazed by the amount of direct and repeated attention others’ ideas have received by devs in the CDI-LS thread (quite appropriately as they are very good ideas), yet Shriketalon’s extensively detailed concepts have not even gotten a nod of appreciation for the work put into them, let alone the near perfection of the ideas themselves. I’m just at a total loss for the appropriate words to express my confusion regarding the silence his ideas are met with by the devs.

Hopefully something very good will come from the CDI-LS and make its way into the GW2 world. Unfortunately, I expect any potential changes to the LS borne from the CDI-LS to be delayed by at least six to eight months before we see them represented in-game.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

An end to the introduction of new factions and characters. We have some real winner hero-buddies now, (Rox, Braham, Kasmeer, Marjory, and random DE cameos) no need to add more. I’d like to spend more time with/get to know the ones we already have.

No more new factions. Seriously, it’s enough. I’d like to see The current alliances divorce themselves from Scarlet (after we kill her in the conclusion I guess) and start ideological feuds within their own organizations.

I’d like the see the aetherblades expanded as an enemy in their own right, hopefully with the opportunity for kitten pirating adventure for the PCs because someone blew up all the pact airships or something.

I’d like to see the various other enemy groups actually do something villanous, and their ranks expanded (like the oratuss could have just been a new Krait unit)

Minor race focused arcs? What if there were larger versions of things like those found in the personal story, where we get to know a group of quaggan, skritt, etc. because they are somehow relevant to something we need?

Minor race focus NPCs? Certain races are off limits to the plyer for obvious reasons. That doesn’t mean they can’t have their own heroes with custom models, actual facial animation, costumes, and important personality. A whole arc focused around a certain skritt burglur, or expansion of the jotun’s mysterious past, etc.

Core lore! Where are the human “gods” What’s up with the dragons? Why hasn’t Joko invaded yet? What’s going on in the ocean? Are the Mursaat really gone? etc. etc.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ