When to play LS3? (please no HoT spoilers)

in Living World

Posted by: coranax.2897

coranax.2897

Sorry if this has been asked before, or just in general sounds like a silly question. I was wondering if I skip the HoT story to check out LS3, will it make any sense? I’m on part 7 of the story which I believe is still Act 1.

Secondary question, I hear buzz about a “new area.” Is the only way to reach it by playing the LS3 story?

Obviously, I’m out here dodging spoilers, but I’m also really interested in checking out the new PvE area.

Thanks in advance

~ Cor Ana

in Living World

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Skipping HoT story will leave you with questions, and you will have the ending of HoT spoiled.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

in Living World

Posted by: Tsukasa.6791

Tsukasa.6791

Its a terrible idea. They will tell things that happened in the end of HoT in the beggining of the new living world. If you’re avoiding spoilers, don’t go.

in Living World

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

Play HoT -> Raids -> LS3 for the best story experience. And I don’t think you can get in the new area without LS3, because of the way you get there, but maybe you can somehow.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Raids seem to be strictly optional – I didn’t play them and had no issues following the LS3 story – but they are chronologically in between.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Plus, LS3 relies on a bunch of Masteries obtained in HoT, so some exploration options may have you disadvantaged.

in Living World

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

The problem is that the longer you wait to start LS3, the more likely you are to find yourself in a mostly empty map.

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Sorry if this has been asked before, or just in general sounds like a silly question. I was wondering if I skip the HoT story to check out LS3, will it make any sense? I’m on part 7 of the story which I believe is still Act 1.

You can skip the HoT story and play LS3 but be aware that the end of the HoT story will be spoiled (if you do not already know what happend to XXX and YYY and ZZZ).

Secondary question, I hear buzz about a “new area.” Is the only way to reach it by playing the LS3 story?

It is a normal map. If you have a “teleport to friend” scroll you can port with that to a friend that is in the map. The only other way is right now: play LS3-Episode-1

In my experience it is best to play the LS when it is new and a lot of players are doing it (at least the openworld parts).

in Living World

Zok.4956

Plus, LS3 relies on a bunch of Masteries obtained in HoT, so some exploration options may have you disadvantaged.

He does not need to do the HoT-story.

He needs gliding (with leyline gliding would be good for the new map) and optional mushroom jumping. So he should visit the HoT maps for the mastery Points.

For unlocking the masteries he also meeds exp. Exp he can get from the HoT maps or the “new map”. (I think the new map give much more exp that HoT).

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I think the new map give much more exp that HoT.

That is sort of true, the primary reason for this is that the map is so much more compact and extremely easy to get around in (if you have maxed gliding). It is likely that people coming into the map with nothing but basic masteries will not as easily have the same experience.

In terms of the actual sources of XP, I’d wager the only unique and substantially different source of XP on the map is the “orbs” you can eventually collect while flying. The rest should be on par with other maps, only less reliant on a meta events and way more compact.

However, the key is if, and how fast, you can navigate the map or not. Then there is the 30% map specific buff, but that only enters in play once you have surplus map currency (ie. not for a while).

Edit: forgot the map bonus pamflets… those add a bit too, but honestly not that much when dealing with higher tier masteries.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

You have to start the story in order to get the masteries. Good luck getting all the masteries without doing the story. They’ll be farming for ages!

He does not need to do the HoT-story.

He needs gliding (with leyline gliding would be good for the new map) and optional mushroom jumping. So he should visit the HoT maps for the mastery Points.

For unlocking the masteries he also meeds exp. Exp he can get from the HoT maps or the “new map”. (I think the new map give much more exp that HoT).

in Living World

Zok.4956

You have to start the story in order to get the masteries. Good luck getting all the masteries without doing the story. They’ll be farming for ages!

Of course.

OP asked if he can skip the story, he is already act 7, so he obviously has started it,

in Living World

Posted by: coranax.2897

coranax.2897

Well, it’s a week later, and I went through the rest of the HoT story without too much effort and in two sittings. And then the LS3 story as well.

I had a good amount of Heart of Maguuma mastery already, I’m not sure why I put off the story so long, so that definitely helped speed the process.

Just leaving an update here in case anyone else has the same questions. I agree that playing everything in order is the way to go.

~ Cor Ana