Will season 3 be free?

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

Given ANet’s recent track records, I’m afraid not… I have spent my hard earned $50 and I don’t want to spend any more for this game.

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

For LS2 if you logged in when it first went live, usually 2 weeks, then it was free. And that’s all you had to do was log in onto a char and you got it free. Did not have to do anything else, just log in and it was free.

Oh wait … did I mention that it was FREE if you just logged in?

That should be the way they will do LS3. I have seen nothing to say they will do it any different.

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Living story season 1 was completely free. Living story season 2 was completely free if you logged in in the 2 weeks. So Living story season 3 will be freeeeeee!

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

I suppose it will be free if you login in at that time while you have HoT purchased.

After LS3 is over, I forsee a huge discount to HoT (obviously without LS3 included).

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Given ANet’s recent track records, I’m afraid not… I have spent my hard earned $50 and I don’t want to spend any more for this game.

There were/are 3 free ways of playing season 2:

1) Log in within 2 weeks after a chapter came out (1 second is enough).
2) Get gold, convert it into gems, buy the chapter.
3) Find someone else who has a it unlocked, play it with them (in this case you won’t get achievements and rewards, but you still get to experience the story and gameplay).

At the moment we know nothing about season 3, but given Anet’s track records.. it will be free.

(edited by Diovid.9506)

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

really your gonna hyberbole start this thread anets current track record? where the heck are you getting your facts at? you can get the other seasons by spending gems and gems can be earned by playing the game not very hard plus early seasons where free if you logged in during the time they ran living world was supose to be one time events to begin with but enough people cried because it wasnt fair that they had to put life on hold or they had real life stuff to do so they missed it anyways. Just be happy they gave us the option of buying the once upon a time limited events,

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

For LS2 if you logged in when it first went live, usually 2 weeks, then it was free. And that’s all you had to do was log in onto a char and you got it free. Did not have to do anything else, just log in and it was free.

Oh wait … did I mention that it was FREE if you just logged in?

That should be the way they will do LS3. I have seen nothing to say they will do it any different.

this person stated it well beside i think it should be stated its free

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Season 1 was free, Season 2 was free, and Season 3 will most likely be free.

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

They announced that Season 3 will be free to all who own HoT, and that HoT will be required in order to experience it

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

It was free.

It was also free if you paid for it with ingame tokens (gold).

imo you can’t get much free-er than free.

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

first one was rush rush, second one was boring even for a solo-only story geek, i see no reason why ppl even want a season 3.

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

TBH at this point I don’t even want to know if it’ll be free or not. I’d rather know if we even get another season.

At the beginning of the year I thought the expansion would only path the way to beat the new elder dragon in season 3. But with the end of the story of HoT being as it is that is no longer possible.

What will happen in S3? When will it happen? No news on new living story content for over a year (well since they announced the expansion). At this point I start thinking that there won’t be another living story.

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It should be. As long as you log in and play the episode during the release times. Afterwards, you’ll probably need to pay for the old episodes.

If that changes, and we’re forced to pay for new episodes, expect the community to riot.

And yes, there should be a Season 3. Living World is supposed to act as a buffer between expansions. At least, that was the original intent. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

Gone to Reddit.

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

It’s not free, you paid an expansion for it…

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Living World is supposed to act as a buffer between expansions. At least, that was the original intent.

No, the original intent was that the living world would completely replace expansions. Only later after player feedback did Anet decide to also create expansions.

Regardless, Anet has said that we’ll hear about the plans for the future in a blog post in early 2016.

Will season 3 be free?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’m fully aware of what the original intent was. I’m speaking of what the intent was after the fact when it was no longer called Living Story and became Living World . . . really didn’t think I needed to explain that. . . .

Quit being so nit-picky.

It’s not free, you paid an expansion for it…

There is truth in this. ANet has said in order to access future Living World content, you will need to buy the expansion. This pretty much tells me that new areas in the Deep Jungle is where the new storyline will take place.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)