mordremoth awakening is close.........

in Living World

Posted by: BladeShock.2841

BladeShock.2841

investigating could reach a conclusion, mordramoth the dragon jungle is soon to awaken, scarlet what he saw in the portal ohmoo was the dragon who was still awake, manipulate the plays of scarlet for this wake him, but really this new dragon is under arch leon? looking scarlet or what is an artifact awake?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

For people who may not know where that dragon minion is from, it’s from the Sylvari creation quest

in Living World

BladeShock.2841

n this video, it clearly explains why the dragon mordremoth is behind this whole life story…………..

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

mordremoth awakening is close………

Isn’t he, she, it, kind of awake already.

in Living World

BladeShock.2841

not that dragon appears in the personal history of the sylvari but is a clear reference to this dragon, you said this behind scarlet….

in Living World

BladeShock.2841

more to investigate all paths lead to the same .. I mordramoth is the new dragon and is the new story begin…………………..

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Mordremoth will do what most people do when someone attempts to awaken them from a long, deep sleep.

It’ll reach over, smash down on the snooze button (Scarlet) to make the noise stop, and then roll over and go back to sleep.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Farzo.8410

not that dragon appears in the personal history of the sylvari but is a clear reference to this dragon, you said this behind scarlet….

I know the dragon on the image appears in the starting zone for the Sylvari. But Mordremoth him/her/itself is already awake.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I know the dragon on the image appears in the starting zone for the Sylvari. But Mordremoth him/her/itself is already awake.

There is actually NO official information whatsoever about Mordremoths state at this time.
We do know that it is connected to Maguuma, which would mean that had it been awake, we would have seen its effects by now, and we haven’t (as far as we know) and thus it is very unlikely that it is awake.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The plant-like dragon seen in the Sylvari personal story, is part of the the story line to fight Zhaitan. The Pale Tree explains that the vision of this plant-like dragon is a vision of Zhaitan. And indeed, it does look a lot like Tequatl.

There is no need to retro-actively assume that a creature from the Personal Story is now suddenly tied to the Living Story.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

“but really this new dragon is under arch leon? looking scarlet or what is an artifact awake?”
….huh?

Btw, Kalarchis.8635 prepare for infraction point….

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

in Living World

Posted by: oneeyedirishman.6835

oneeyedirishman.6835

There is actually NO official information whatsoever about Mordremoths state at this time.
We do know that it is connected to Maguuma, which would mean that had it been awake, we would have seen its effects by now, and we haven’t (as far as we know) and thus it is very unlikely that it is awake.

We have seen the effects of SOMETHING dark tied to the jungle. Sylvari NPCs in Caledon suggest that the jungle wurm activity and the Nightmare Court’s husk servants originate from a “darker presence” than the Nightmare Court. It is possible, of course, that these effects are simply radiating from the sleeping dragon, though it suggests at the very least the possibility that it’s already awake.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

We have seen the effects of SOMETHING dark tied to the jungle. Sylvari NPCs in Caledon suggest that the jungle wurm activity and the Nightmare Court’s husk servants originate from a “darker presence” than the Nightmare Court. It is possible, of course, that these effects are simply radiating from the sleeping dragon, though it suggests at the very least the possibility that it’s already awake.

Yes we have seen something, but it is most likely way to little for it to be an actual awake Dragon.

The effects that we currently see in Caledon looks more like the effects on Svanir from Jormag, than the effects from Branded in the Dragonbrand.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: oneeyedirishman.6835

oneeyedirishman.6835

Yes we have seen something, but it is most likely way to little for it to be an actual awake Dragon.

The effects that we currently see in Caledon looks more like the effects on Svanir from Jormag, than the effects from Branded in the Dragonbrand.

Yes, but bear in mind that the jungle is also vast, and there are parts of it we’ve yet to explore. What we’re seeing could easily be the vanguard of things to come, if Mordremoth is deeper in the jungle.

It’s possible that Mordremoth is sleeping under LA like the leak suggests, though I hope the leak turns out to be a hoax. They’ve stated before that the entrance to the Depths of Tyria is hidden beneath Lion’s Arch, and between that and all the probing/drilling, it would make much more sense for Primordus to be the one to wake up.

In the end, I suppose we’ll find out one way or the other in a week.

in Living World

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

I am Preeety sure the only dragon confined under the ground is primordus The location and style makes no cense for mordrimoth at all sorry.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I am Preeety sure the only dragon confined under the ground is primordus The location and style makes no cense for mordrimoth at all sorry.

And I am preeeetty sure that Zhaitan and Kralkatorrik also were underground before they awoke as well.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I have my own theory on this and it does follow many of the other theories about Mordemoth

I believe Mordemoth has been kept a tight lipped secret because he is going to be the main antaganist of the Living world

Scarlets Lair and Journal hint at the Creature that has been tormenting her in her nightmares is in fact Mordemoth

scarlet mentions seeing this creature and describes it by ‘soo much power’
she has also made several paintings around her secret lair
the most noticable one being the giant dragon painted accross the ceiling

What is Curious though is that All of the currently awakened Dragons share a common trait
they are all destroyers wielding elements of destruction
Jormag’s Ice
Primordus’s Fire
Zhaitan’s Death
Sea Dragon’s Water
Kralkatorrik’s Crystal and Lightning

Moredemoth However is a Dragon of Nature..and doesn’t quite fit

My Theory is that the Elder Dragons are Tyria’s natural form of a reset button
much like the Dragons in Reign of fire
once the races of the world start to have too much of an impact (Mostly seen with the Dredge, Charr and Asura)
the 5 Dragons of Destruction awaken and destroy the world then they go back to sleep
Moredemoth then awakens and replenishes the world with life destroying the remaining Minions of the other dragons before going back to sleep itself
I believe that Moredemoth is actually more powerful than all the other dragons which is one reason why Scarlet is soo interested in it

I believe that Scarlet is after the magical enegry in the Laylines under Lions arch and her plan is to use that energy to Awaken Moredemoth and use him to destroy the remaining Elder Dragons

Scarlet’s hints at how Tyria needs her tend to support this and bringing an end to this madness I believe she is talking about the world in general

When she entered Omadd’s device and before being driven insane by it she saw the insurmountable challenge of the future and her people’s part in it — the sylvari of the tree and the Nightmare Court, Caithe and Faolain — all part of a grand design

All Sylvari connected in one future.. which heavily suggest’s that the theory on Sylvari being Dragon Minions is actually true or close to it

Scarlets mission is to bring about the destruction of the world which includes the other Elder Dragons and create a Utopia for the Sylvari and only the Sylvari

Moredemoth being a Dragon of Nature (much like the Sylvari themselves) and if indeed he is the one that brings nature back to the world once it’s been destroyed would be something that if I am I correct about this theory

Scarlet would look upon as a God which would make her it’s champion or prophet in her eyes

Take what you will from my theory
I just wanted to give my thoughts on the future of the living story
to which has been quite boring but these last few updates have been epic

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I believe Mordemoth has been kept a tight lipped secret because he is going to be the main antaganist of the Living world

Devs have already stated dragons will be part of personal story and not part of the living world. The living world will show that there are more dangers in Tyria other than the dragons.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’m preeety sure Scarlet is drilling for magical ley lines.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Devs have already stated dragons will be part of personal story and not part of the living world. The living world will show that there are more dangers in Tyria other than the dragons.

That is not specifically what they have said actually.
What they have said was that there would be no dragon last year. And that their original plan was to save Dragons for the personal story.

It is however fully possible that they have decided to “scrap” the personal story part and simply add it all via Living Story.

Or simply building a new Personal story with the Living Story.

And lets be honest, there have been loads of complaints about more or less everything in the Personal Story, so I don’t really think they might be willing to spend as much time, money and resources into that model when all people will do is kitten about it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Teratus.2859

It’s just a theory but Mordemoth has not even been confirmed to exist either and I only thought up this theory based on the evidence I’ve seen in game

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

I hope they don’t do another personal story. I’d love to see a living story where we hunt for the dragon in Magumma jungle. The idea of visiting strange new lands, meeting new people and killing them sounds delightful. It would be interesting if they could open a new region each month, bringing us closer and closer to the finale.

in Living World

Teratus.2859

I hope they don’t do another personal story. I’d love to see a living story where we hunt for the dragon in Magumma jungle. The idea of visiting strange new lands, meeting new people and killing them sounds delightful. It would be interesting if they could open a new region each month, bringing us closer and closer to the finale.

The problem with that is that once the living story is complete players can no longer play that content

The living world could contain elder Dragons but at most It will be limited to one of them with the very last Living world chaptor being a replayable final encounter with it

because of that the only way to fight the other dragons would be the personal story

If they kill off multiple Elder Dragons with the living world it would make newer players down the road feel very left out that they missed it

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s just a theory but Mordemoth has not even been confirmed to exist either and I only thought up this theory based on the evidence I’ve seen in game

It has been confirmed by Colin awhile back that there is a Jungle dragon. We also infer it’s name since Subject Alpha uses skill attacks with reference to dragon names, one of them being Teeth of Mordremoth.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

The problem with that is that once the living story is complete players can no longer play that content

The living world could contain elder Dragons but at most It will be limited to one of them with the very last Living world chaptor being a replayable final encounter with it

because of that the only way to fight the other dragons would be the personal story

If they kill off multiple Elder Dragons with the living world it would make newer players down the road feel very left out that they missed it

1: Put the Elder Dragon in a Dungeon.
2: Make the dungeon permanent.
3: ???
4: Profit.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Draycon.1369

Draycon.1369

The dragons actually wake up not at the same time but with intervals.

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

I believe Tequatl is still strong and the three headed worm is around. There is no reason the dragon would have to be temporary, just the inital discovery quest.

The new path in Twilight Arbor still exists as well.

in Living World

Draycon.1369

Yes, but bear in mind that the jungle is also vast, and there are parts of it we’ve yet to explore. What we’re seeing could easily be the vanguard of things to come, if Mordremoth is deeper in the jungle.

It’s possible that Mordremoth is sleeping under LA like the leak suggests, though I hope the leak turns out to be a hoax. They’ve stated before that the entrance to the Depths of Tyria is hidden beneath Lion’s Arch, and between that and all the probing/drilling, it would make much more sense for Primordus to be the one to wake up.

In the end, I suppose we’ll find out one way or the other in a week.

Well Primordus should be pretty busy fighting the immortal stone dwarfs that went down there years ago just to fight off the destroyers and Primordus. If Primordus were to come out something horrible has to happen to the dwarfs (if that happens only time will tell i guess)

in Living World

Draycon.1369

And I am preeeetty sure that Zhaitan and Kralkatorrik also were underground before they awoke as well.

Zhaitan was not underground he was sleeping in the depths of the sea

in Living World

Draycon.1369

He exists… where do you think he got the name from ? The fanbase made it ?

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

1: Put the Elder Dragon in a Dungeon.
2: Make the dungeon permanent.
3: ???
4: Profit.

maybe a series of dungeons so you get the story. a way to bring in new dungeons multiple at once but ways to protrait the ls past

in Living World

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

I have always thought that the Dragon from the Sylvari starting quest has looked like the Dragon Scarlet painted in her lab.

in Living World

Posted by: Recon.9461

Recon.9461

NO NO NO NO NO! You are all WRONG! Scarlet IS NOT being controlled by some elder Dragon, and she DID NOT see an elder Dragon in the Eternal Alchemy. The truth is what she saw in the Eternal Alchemy was in fact, The Brain-Slugged HYPNOTOAD! And it was the HYPNOTOAD that hypnotized her and told her to put a Brain-slug on her head and she is therefore being controlled by the brain-slug!

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

There are two (maybe three) gates that go further into Maguuma. All are sealed and physically separated from players. They’re obvious points for expansion.

in Living World

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello all,

We absolutely do not allow posts with rumors of unreleased/unannounced game content and it is a very serious violation of our forum Code of Conduct. Posts as such tend to cause overly strong inflammatory and emotional responses, and derail easily.

Please report any violations of our Code of Conduct so we can take appropriate action.

Clearly, you are all allowed and encouraged to speculate and discuss your thoughts, so please continue! Thanks for your understanding.

in Living World

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

I’m pretty sure it’s Bubbles and not Mordremoth :<

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Hello all,

We absolutely do not allow posts with rumors of unreleased/unannounced game content and it is a very serious violation of our forum Code of Conduct. Posts as such tend to cause overly strong inflammatory and emotional responses, and derail easily.

Please report any violations of our Code of Conduct so we can take appropriate action.

Clearly, you are all allowed and encouraged to speculate and discuss your thoughts, so please continue! Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Danicia. Sorry but I am a bit confused about your post.

You said we can’t talk about rumours of unreleased content.
Then you said we are free to speculate about future content.

Isn’t them essentially the same thing?

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Hello all,

There’s a difference between speculating using facts that are presented in game, or simply what people want to see – and speculating on content that has been gained from suspicious sources and then claimed to be “official”. I imagine there was a post that was deleted that fit such a category and Danica was simply warning anyone else against doing the same.

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Hello all,

There’s a difference between speculating using facts that are presented in game, or simply what people want to see – and speculating on content that has been gained from suspicious sources and then claimed to be “official”. I imagine there was a post that was deleted that fit such a category and Danica was simply warning anyone else against doing the same.

So will the following sentence be against the forum rules?

“I believe that Charr tanks will be a great weapon when fighting in the Crystal Desert. The open and flat desert terrain is ideal for tank warfare.”

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Farzo.8410

Hello all,

So will the following sentence be against the forum rules?

“I believe that Charr tanks will be a great weapon when fighting in the Crystal Desert. The open and flat desert terrain is ideal for tank warfare.”

Nope.

The magical words of ‘’I believe’’ or ‘’In my opinion’’ can save posts.

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

I’m pretty sure it’s Bubbles and not Mordremoth :<

How would Bubbles speak to Scarlet from the forest?

in Living World

Posted by: Darkhayle.2473

Darkhayle.2473

Hello all,

I think the dev is referring to the post that spoke about the leaked info, not about anything else on the thread.

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

The poster of the post in question was warned that this would happen by another poster.

in Living World

Posted by: SonofInnocence.4905

SonofInnocence.4905

The poster of the post in question was warned that this would happen by another poster.

The people who sacked the people who were sacked have just been sacked?

in Living World

DarcShriek.5829

There is also the fort in Brisban and there is a gate on the southern end of Mt. Maelstrom. It’s really a moot point as the devs could add a new one on a whim.

in Living World

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

I don’t know if you guys remember but during The Lost Shores event, people were speculating of the possible awakening of the “DSD” but it turns out, the Karkas were the only beings that resulted.

I’m not saying that Mordremoth is or isn’t going to magically pop out of the hole that Scarlet’s “Breachmaker” makes, just simply throwing it out there.

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Yeah, I told him to prepare for infraction point

We are allowed to speculate about future content, however, we cannot represent our speculations as the confirmed facts.

in Living World

Posted by: SonofInnocence.4905

SonofInnocence.4905

Yeah, I told him to prepare for infraction point

We are allowed to speculate about future content, however, we cannot represent our speculations as the confirmed facts.

Haha. I figured. My mind just went to the Quest for the Holy Grail.

Frankly, even these “leaks” that I’ve heard about, I don’t trust. Maybe because I’m a cynical person, but I’m going to put my vote in Scarlet being controlled by a “League of Extraordinary Cabbage Men” who controlled her mind as she tried to look into the Eternal Alchemy. She’s now drilling for magic oil that will take her to a place beyond the mists where she’ll find an Unsuspicious Mad March hare and follow him.

Sadly, when poor Scarlet goes down the rabbit hole and follows said hare, she meets a series of seemingly insane characters who lead her in her journey back home. Sadly, her mind is broken and she gets taken over by the Queen of Lion’s Arch, who was exiled by the Captain’s Council into Blunderland (where all people are forced to use blunderbusses instead of magic, greatswords, etc. Although Engineers tend to be happy when they end up there).

We’ll manage to rescue her, but in the midst we’ll end up losing Marjory to the Queen of Hearts… err… Queen of Lion’s Arch. After a cry of “off with her head!!!”, many people will be upset at the loss of Marjory. Thankfully, I won’t be too hurt. Taimi will take the lead and become a world-famous accordion player who wins the heart of all the Aetherblades, Toxic Alliance, Charr, Dredge, and everyone else, uniting them all under the banner of love. We’ll hail Taimi as our new queen and Queen Jennah will step down to finally marry Logan and get out of our hair. Rytlock will fall in love with Rox, leaving Braham sad and broken-hearted, but he’ll fall in love with my Elementalist (even though she’s a Sylvari) and we’ll live happily ever-after. The end.

Alright. I just want something to happen with a dragon, or something even being behind the dragons that’s exceedingly evil. Something beyond the Mists and the gods—something that screams “evil” instead of “insane.” Yup. That’s my hope.

in Living World

Posted by: Lyrael.5803

Lyrael.5803

While now I feel I took LA for granted, Escape from LA has got me very excited about the possibilities in GW2. There are so many things I would like to see in GW2, starting with a new personal story.

LA as it once was is no more. Part of our PS revolved around LA. So whether it be a dragon or just lay lines or something unheard of, I would like to see the PS evolve. I like the current PS but it would be nice to see Tyria bring the fight to other dragons in a story format. Sure it wonn’t be an easy task but it would be most satisfying to rebuild LA or a new hub from a elder dragon’s corpse.

Therefore, It would be great if Primordus or Mordremoth would take action due to Scarlet’s meddling because just like Zhaitan brought Orr back from the depths, another Elder Dragon is capable of changing our landscape. So if there be dragons in the Living World I say bring them!

in Living World

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

A guild mate of mine posted on reddit the actual future of the game (I can’t find his link atm(also, this is total speculation)). In summary, Omadd was really working for the consortium, and the device scarlet looked into was actually a brain washing device. She has been a pawn of them this whole time and the consortium is using her to advance their plot to take over/replace the BLTC. The motions are already in place with the lionguard taking over the BLTC. You have been warned