in Living World

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Okay, I’ll try my best.

please Break the Ascalon curse

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I doubt it will happen cause it would change the game way too much. plus if the only way to get ghost buster achievement is to do AC story that would make a lot of players really upset.

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I doubt it will happen cause it would change the game way too much. plus if the only way to get ghost buster achievement is to do AC story that would make a lot of players really upset.

Hmmm if I were a player, would I care more about a pointless achievement? or driving the story forward in absolutely unexpected ways that breathe life into an otherwise static world? Decisions, decisions….

in Living World

Posted by: andreic.4679

andreic.4679

We will do something whit ghost but i think we wont free em ascalon is too much fokud on ghost events, but we will see it in part 2 because in frst part we are going sylvari then norn and at end we will start charr so we will have big clifhanger

Vorpp: Who let this creature out of its cage? Someone’s fired!

in Living World

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

We will do something whit ghost but i think we wont free em ascalon is too much fokud on ghost events, but we will see it in part 2 because in frst part we are going sylvari then norn and at end we will start charr so we will have big clifhanger

Can somebody translate this, please?

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

in Living World

Posted by: DraconicDak.9340

DraconicDak.9340

[We will do something with the ghosts, but I think we won’t free them; Ascalon is much too focused on ghost events. We will see it in Part 2, because in the first part, we are going to the Pale Tree, then to Hoelbrak and Eir, and at the end we will start with Rytlock and the curse so that we will have a big cliffhanger to end on.]

I believe.

Member of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Writer for Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Jade Quarry [JQ]

in Living World

Posted by: xoz.2481

xoz.2481

Hmmm if I were a player, would I care more about a pointless achievement? or driving the story forward in absolutely unexpected ways that breathe life into an otherwise static world? Decisions, decisions….

You’d be surprised how little some people care about the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

i doubt we will see the ghosts completely vanish
it just would be too much
i could probably imagine anet changing (in 2 weeks after we succeed) the maps so that ghosts do only appear near ruins and most here and there wont appear
but too many things that would just not fit anymore so.. i dont know

i doubt we will see
1 pale tree
2 shiverpeaks
3 ascalonian ghosts

remember that we had in episode 2 the first part (that gave a reward for every 80)
where u didnt fight at all
just talking pressing f and talking ..pressing f reading and exit

i imagine itd either be like

0 pale tree
1 shiverpeaks bringing eir and the sword into safety
2 reuiniting rox and rytlock on a battlefield and fighting a path to ruins
3 fighting through ruins where we fight a boss at the end and rytlock tries to break the curse

or
0 pale tree (im pretty sure we dont need to fight there xD)
1 shiverpeaks rescuring eir
1.5 reading and finding some hints where the icebrood hid that sword
2 getting that sword from the icebrood
3 fighting with rytlock to the end of the ruins he tries to end the curse but does not succeed
suddenly we get a message that majory is in trouble (in divinitys reach)
so the story could shift to divinitys reach where majory is
also the (my theory) corrupted belinda (who will drop her sword in 2.5weeks..) and yeah thats the end ofepisode 3

mabe ive gone a bit too far with my specualtions but heh..

xD

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

Considering they’ve been incapable of properly making it a dynamic world thus far?

I’d pick the first.

And by properly, I mean that the effects of the future should not be felt in the past. Vines in Concordia NOW should not be in the personal story which chronologically comes before it. Destroyed LA NOW should not be in the personal story which chronologically comes before it.

When they can prove themselves capable of separating the future from the past, then I’ll hope they change the world some more. Until then though, I’d rather not have a whole story arc about protecting a city that’s already evacuated and destroyed.

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

The way the curse works the ghosts will disappear at the same time not gradually. I would think the Charr would be more interested in defeating the dragons than the ghosts since they are the greater threat at the moment. I don’t doubt that the curse will be broken at some point but it just doesn’t seem like the right time now.

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

As Arenanet demonstrated several times they do not hesitate to follow drastic routes if they want.

If Rytlock breaks the curse this could be the prelude for very very dramatic changes in Ascalon: new dungeon paths, new hearts and new events including longer chains and world bosses. maybe we will see the start of one of their major projects they worked behind the scenes.

in Living World

Posted by: Carter.1034

Carter.1034

I would think the Charr would be more interested in defeating the dragons than the ghosts since they are the greater threat at the moment.

I think this is the exact reason why they’d want to break the curse. The Charr fighting dragon minions, the ghosts, and Flame Legion all at once is a lot even for what is essentially 3 large military forces. Another theory is that in Entanglement, one of the book’s in Scarlet’s lab (written by Scholar Abel) says that ghosts are magical constructs, which it could be inferred that the dragon could consume the ghosts’ magical energy. But I do see how the dragon minions would be the greater threat since it (probably) will be the business of all 5 races.

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

My guess is still that it will partially succeed, likely an agreement will be reached with the king along the lines of: The living can have the day to fight off the dragon spawn, but during the night we will continue to fight anything that thinks it can lay claims to this land.

The Ascalonian area will become like Dry Top, only there it will be the night that will bring a difference in events, as opposed to a sand storm.

As, for players that have been with GW2 since the early days, they will likely remember that it was said that night/day effects would take place in the game. Unfortunately upon release, the only changes that we saw were ‘sylvari effects’, ‘Ascalonian Weaponset’, and in some area’s various gfx effects (mainly Maguma areas and Grove).

Now I’m still not entirely sure if the Dry Top area uses some new technology, to make the area change, or whether it is just a sequence of well timed events that simply follow each other and at some point the ‘area-gfx’ change is tossed in as well…

Either way though, this agreement setup will make it possible to ‘recycle’ all the ghost content during the night, and give rise to various other events during the day. Partially reducing the workload of redoing the whole area. It would also reduce all the side effects/problems that people put forth. As well as finally managing to put true night/day effects into the game…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

in Living World

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

I dont like that they have started remove gw1 references. First corpse of Maw the Mountain Heart then old LA and now all ascalonian npcs that we see as ghosts except maybe dungeon and personal story ones.

in Living World

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

My two cents:

Pale Tree warns that all magic (being used by Asuran technology and ghosts) are in danger. Upon hearing this news, those in charge of Ascalon decide that the only effective means to prevent Modrey is to remove the ghosts and lift the curse. Only problem is, it must be an heir to the throne.

That being said, Queen Jennah might have to be used or at least in the party (or strangely, pass the throne to Ascalon to Rytlock so technically he would be the heir). It could be that Rytlock tries to free the ghosts but fails, news comes that Marjory is in danger in DR because Modrey detects to Asuran gates (I don’t know why he just wouldn’t go for LA straight up seeing how theres a line right there.) DR is in danger so the player must save the queen with Logan. That’s part 1.

Part 2:
DR is under siege by Modre and his threat is becoming more evident in the ruins of Ascalon. Its decided that the Blood legion (under the leadership of Rytlock) will help the humans lift the siege (an idea most humans are still not comfortable with, especially those who sympathize with the Separatists) in exchange, the Queen will help Rytlock free Ascalon from its curse to prevent Modre from ever reaching the Charr. As I mentioned above, her method of helping could be many ways.

Next episode or “part 3”
The blood legion and the Seraph attack the Modres offensive group at, around, and even in DR securing the throne room. Its noted that among the survivors or the dead, Marjory and her family are missing, Kasmear then leads the group (while Rytlock, Logan, Jennah are stay back in the throne room) to the secret basement under the dead end bar where Marjory and her family are safe.

Meanwhile the plotline with Eir, Caithe, and Zojja are still in the wraps.
*Eir and Braham do talk and are looking for the blade that the icebrood hid.

This is just fun speculation. Nothing like this will probably happen but the dynamic between the Charr and Humans would be interesting to explore. “Scratch our back and we’ll scratch yours.”

Remember, part 1 of who knows how many is coming.

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I think that there are only 3 possibilities with this patch.

1. Anet has slaved night and day behind the scenes preparing to completely revamp all of the charr territory. They will remove the ghosts and replace them with gravelings, grawl, and other critters. AC will be revamped to only deal with gravelings and non-ghost stuff.

2. Anet worked hard and revamped all of the charr zones and AC. They still have ghosts in some places where it was too much work to revamp (AC story path for example) but 75% or more of the ghost stuff in all of Ascalon is gone and replaced with new stuff.

3. Anet took the path of least resistance. They teased us with the idea of breaking the curse, but in reality, Rytlock’s attempt will fail and we will find out how and why. We will then be assigned a new task based on this outcome. None of the content is revamped, the ghosts stay, etc. Instead we get a much much smaller scope release which deals with a new branch of story and does not really impact old content.

I think #3 is by far the most likely…

in Living World

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Yup. I was one who was certain we were getting a new map despite some saying it was a tease. But I don’t think they could pull this off. Too much would have to change, and there is a genuine risk of very heavy backlash if people decided the old content was better.

It’s #3. Just a tease. Or deliberately misleading what is happening.

UNLESS, and this is my one caveat, the ascalonians become human again and continue war against the Charr. That would be considerably less work and might only need some npc movement and dialogue changes. And we’ve seen in the past that those are not as hard for them.

(edited by wwwes.1398)

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

One thing I found recently was a Priest of Grenth found just outside Divinity’s Reach in the Shaemoor cemetery. He talks about how (aside from the ones in Ascalon) ghosts are kept in the world by some outside force, and without great strength of will, they will just come back. While even the ghosts of Ascalon can be defeated for a short while, I don’t think even removing the curse will be enough to permanently keep them down. It might be the start of healing the land, though.

I don’t think AC will be changed, at least as far as story mode goes, as that has the historical record of Eir looking to reunite Logan and Rytlock. If Ascalon does lose all its ghosts, though, they might change one of the paths.

in Living World

Posted by: phoenixXx.9105

phoenixXx.9105

I noticed weird bug in charr story area where ascalonian ghosts had gotten new name → Ascalonian Fighter (new string)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Charr-story-bugged-weird

I know a bit or two about programming and it lead me to believe that anet is separating ascalonian ghosts beetween story instances and general ghosts in open world. The only conclusion I can think of, is that anet will remove or alter all ghosts except ones in personal story instances.

in Living World

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

lol at people actually thinking Anet will revamp all of the charr zones. If anything, they will do the oldest trick: time continuity a.k.a leveling in charr zones is a throwback to the past