release every 2 weeks...no thanks

in Living World

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

how about you take time to make something fun instead of this stupid new zone with nothing to do except climb to the top once and grind boring achievements for a useless item that plays a pre-rendered cutscene

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Well, I for one love the zone, and doing the achievements was fun. But I gotta agree the sanctum model was a pretty horrible reward.

Also Belchers Bluff is a horribly rigged, and bugged game.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Well.. I did pretty much everything you can do in Bazaar of the four winds. Took me 4 days to complete most of the useful achievements. It’s a nice change to get a new zone with new stuff to do, Bazaar was really different and fun. Had really fun those 4 days and the new achievement sytem is very good.

Looking forward to Crystal Desert in about a week. Hopefully more content than Bazaar of the four winds have.

in Living World

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

the problem is Anet things that changing content evry now and then keeps the game interesting. that might work for a while and it different to WoW dusting raid but those raids or rather the end content did not dust up because they are old.
I played WoW during the end of wrath and i noticed many players wanting to do the old content again, the problem was that is was to easy due to nerfs and higher level of the players ( seriously the hardest raid in burning crusade can now be solod by classes that weren´t suoppsed to be able to solo with out any effort)
Old can STILL be interesting if it stay upto date, but constant stats risings and new more epic gear gear for those levels turn old raids into jokes.
Thats why i played GW1 in the first place, because the challange came from the skill not the gear…….and sometimes the build.
and with GW2s scaling system in doungens, i hoped that it finaly could bring constant new doungens without doin the same mistakes as wow.

BUT anet blew it aswell by doin to MUCH to provide constant new content by deleting old ones. HECK the flame and frost doungen was AWESOME and it was required to co ordinate, the sky pirate doungen another exsample iof a good and constant doungen (in which we could have collected token for the armor skin btw instead of jsut buying them for each character)

THE SYSTEM IS THERE for anet to make TONS OF PERMANENT DOUNGENS that stay relevant to a drop table that depends on the players actual level and not on that of the doungen ( and unfortunatly on magic find but thats a different story).

ANET WHY AREN`T YOU USING IT?

in Living World

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Well.. I did pretty much everything you can do in Bazaar of the four winds. Took me 4 days to complete most of the useful achievements. It’s a nice change to get a new zone with new stuff to do, Bazaar was really different and fun. Had really fun those 4 days and the new achievement sytem is very good.

Looking forward to Crystal Desert in about a week. Hopefully more content than Bazaar of the four winds have.

where did you hear that we are getting a desert zone?

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in Living World

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

how about you take time to make something fun instead of this stupid new zone with nothing to do except climb to the top once and grind boring achievements for a useless item that plays a pre-rendered cutscene

erm how about no?

I loved it – for me one of the best events so far If you don’t like it, just don’t play it. As easy as that.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

in Living World

Posted by: Antonin.3926

Antonin.3926

My only problem with 2 week updates is the content feels a little unpolished and buggy. And if you want to keep up with your guild as far as achievements and rewards, then you really need to make an effort to get the meta achievement done before the content is gone.

Arena Net said they didn’t want this carrot on a stick feel with their end game but are choosing to go this direction with the living story. Just seems a little odd.

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It’s not odd at all. How many players complained about lack of rewards? How many said that content was not worth repeating without rewards? The most telling — how many congregate to the Teqatl/Shatterer/Jungle Worm/Fire Elemental events versus clearing Orr temples or the Karka Queen? Players, both by their posts and behavior, are telling ANet what they want.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

My only problem with 2 week updates is the content feels a little unpolished and buggy. And if you want to keep up with your guild as far as achievements and rewards, then you really need to make an effort to get the meta achievement done before the content is gone.

Arena Net said they didn’t want this carrot on a stick feel with their end game but are choosing to go this direction with the living story. Just seems a little odd.

The content shouldn’t decrease in quality with the new schedule. They hired new developers and have 5 living story teams now instead of just two. That means that each living story team now has 10 weeks to complete each content iteration rather than the previous 2 months (8-9 weeks). We’re also nearly done with the first year, which means the repeating content (such as Wintersday) doesn’t need to be created this time around.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Crystal Desert in a week? Says who?

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.4501

Ronin.4501

The problem I have with a new Living Story update every 2 weeks is that it inevitably means half-a-dozen new builds (by my count there have been 5 already in the week following the update) to repair bugs found in the Living Story content. The problem with this is that by the time all the kinks are finally worked out, we’re already moving on to another update for a new Living Story with new bugs to be fixed. This means that very little to no time is left to devote to fixing the existing bugs elsewhere in PvE/sPvP/WvW. Furthermore it seems that with each new Living Story update, new bugs arise elsewhere in the game. Please PLEASE reduce the amount of Living Story updates to once every three to four weeks and devote more time to fixing the existing bugs in the game, or I fear at some point the only playable area left in the game will be the Living Story itself.

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue
Dog Biscuits [DOG] – Stormbluff Isle
Self-Proclaimed King of Orr – “It’s MY Island”

in Living World

Posted by: Naustis.8510

Naustis.8510

IMO last living story was really cool… This one could be little less fun, but, they add a great achi rewards So now achi is worth to do.

@Ronin.4501
Trust me, they don’t have only 10 devs they got many different groups so they can work on living story, bugs and other stuff in the same time.

(edited by Naustis.8510)

in Living World

Posted by: khaladhen.9480

khaladhen.9480

My only suggestion to ANet is to launch its new Living Story content every 3-4 weeks rather than every 2 weeks. I honestly feel that they don’t provide enough time to appreciate and engage the majority of players with the Living Story content that they are presenting now before being flooded with new content. Please give players the time needed to fully experience your new content, and achieve what is available to be achieved, before releasing new content. Two weeks is not long enough!

Besides this, I think ANet is doing a great job! Keep it up!

in Living World

Posted by: Kingkiller.9645

Kingkiller.9645

I think new content every 2 weeks would be great… if it stayed. Southsun Cove, for example, is still there. Now holiday events, or things like a ship about to leave is understandable, but I WANT MORE AREAS! You’ve got more than half the map to build on ANET! Do something with it! (I think building a whole area like the Shiverpeaks or Maguuma Jungle in the ocean to the south would be great. More variety of underwater enemies, and a whole world of completely different EVERYTHING to explore. PLEASE ANET, PLEASE!

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Well, I for one love the zone, and doing the achievements was fun. But I gotta agree the sanctum model was a pretty horrible reward.

Also Belchers Bluff is a horribly rigged, and bugged game.

Belchers bluff as an activity is fine, its a very good idea (not sure if players bother but that’s on them!). Getting the signature moves has too much of a difficulty range though (yea I mean the norn).

The jumping was fun too. Then there’s the pvp map.

Unfortunately the rest of the update isnt that interesting, I’m getting sick of yet another temporary minigame. Imo that work should’ve gone into polishing parts of the open world that could use some work and/or adding new dynamic events to various areas. Or a new mini-dungeon. Really, anything that enhance the existing outdoor maps of Tyria instead of a 4 week minigame blurb.

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I am enjoying the content, but I agree 100% that the reward was totally useless. Then again, the only challenge in obtaining the reward was obtaining a connection that allowed the Lighting Pull skill to function properly. Remains to be seen if the Quartz node will actually prove useful in the long run (that reward does require some effort).

I tend to think they should have reversed the Kite and Model rewards (give the Kite to everyone and then the model as a little “thanks” for buying gems).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Living World

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Before saying no, let’s see at these new 2-weak LS. Maybe we will like it.

Seize the day.

in Living World

Posted by: Skipper De Longmont.8734

Skipper De Longmont.8734

Please stop the constant living story madness…. can we just have a couple weeks of the basic game. The living story content is nice, but takes away from me playing the base game.

in Living World

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

My problem with new content every 2 weeks is that I feel rushed, and since it’s temperary I’m being taken away from many other aspects of the game.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

in Living World

Posted by: cymylau.2548

cymylau.2548

My problem with new content every 2 weeks is that I feel rushed

indeed. for casual players, this is hell – because you kind of want to get to see all those things and yet lack the time to do it properly. so if you want the achievements you have to invest a lot of your time (which is always rare) rushing through it. and if you set your private life over getting to know everything, you feel like missing something.
i think every four weeks would be more than sufficient. that would still be more “living” than a lot of other games without getting people stressed to rush through the content.
i love the game, i love the living world parts and i really want to experience the new stuff, but i dont want to feel “forced” to be online because otherwise i feel like i’m out.

Millersund [DE]
Nachos Con Lobos [Lobo]
Norn Ranger

(edited by cymylau.2548)

in Living World

Posted by: Plohek.5386

Plohek.5386

the problem is Anet things that changing content evry now and then keeps the game interesting. that might work for a while and it different to WoW dusting raid but those raids or rather the end content did not dust up because they are old.
I played WoW during the end of wrath and i noticed many players wanting to do the old content again, the problem was that is was to easy due to nerfs and higher level of the players ( seriously the hardest raid in burning crusade can now be solod by classes that weren´t suoppsed to be able to solo with out any effort)
Old can STILL be interesting if it stay upto date, but constant stats risings and new more epic gear gear for those levels turn old raids into jokes.
Thats why i played GW1 in the first place, because the challange came from the skill not the gear…….and sometimes the build.
and with GW2s scaling system in doungens, i hoped that it finaly could bring constant new doungens without doin the same mistakes as wow.

BUT anet blew it aswell by doin to MUCH to provide constant new content by deleting old ones. HECK the flame and frost doungen was AWESOME and it was required to co ordinate, the sky pirate doungen another exsample iof a good and constant doungen (in which we could have collected token for the armor skin btw instead of jsut buying them for each character)

THE SYSTEM IS THERE for anet to make TONS OF PERMANENT DOUNGENS that stay relevant to a drop table that depends on the players actual level and not on that of the doungen ( and unfortunatly on magic find but thats a different story).

ANET WHY AREN`T YOU USING IT?

I very much agree with this.

in Living World

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Honestly I find the whole two weeks new content to be too much. Don’t get me wrong I have been loving the new contents but all of this has been making Orr more difficult to navigate (less people in Orr as they are all doing the new stuff from the events).

Ok sure two weeks is still plenty of time to get most of the events done but that because I got some free time from work and I know not everyone got alot of leisure time.

I would like a break from all the new event like a month break so people can get back from what they were doing before the biweekly contents started.

They could at least stop excluding Orr from getting those event frop like those kite supplies or those Holograms fromm Dragonbash.

in Living World

Posted by: Thrudrheim.8143

Thrudrheim.8143

Yea I’m thinking that if you have new content every two weeks you guys are giving yourself too much work, and it maybe a case of quantity of quality. I think every month is alright

in Living World

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

They’re releasing things more often, but remember that they quadrupled the number of living story teams. Effectively, each team has TWICE as a long to work on content where as before with only 1 team they only had 1 month.

I don’t understand why people are upset about more frequent and larger updates. Are you guys really so spoiled?

in Living World

Posted by: Lysander Freeman.4186

Lysander Freeman.4186

A big part of playing a game is learning all about and exploring the game world and, as the “hero”, conquering all or most challenges. A lot of people like to play a game for fun in their free (non-work, non-family, non-outdoor-activity) time. Most games out there allow you to do this at your own pace and eventually you will be able to do everything and master the game world if you persist, however slowly.

With the LS, Anet is making us play on their timeline instead. Those of us who do not or cannot devote the time to play and keep track of constant changes and participate in new time-limited-one-time-only grinds are made to feel like we’re missing out on the gaming experience through all of the update notes and marketing stuff.

in Living World

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

by new content they dont mean a new story – first part comes out one month, next part comes out 2 weeks later
then 3rd part another 2 weeks
then 2 weeks after that theres a new story

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement