A cheaper way to expand account vault?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

Hey gamesters.

I was looking at expanding my bank account vault to store some stuff that doesn’t fit into my collections. One extra slot would cost 600 Gem, which currently translates to approx. 44 Gold at the current prices.

Then I realized that creating my own guild only costs 1 silver, and a guild Stash with 50 slots costs 1000 influence, which I can buy outright for only 2 Gold.

It seems a lot cheaper to create a personal guild and stash stuff that way, than to expand my account vault.

Does this make sense, or am I missing out on something?

Are there any other reasons to create a personal guild (as well as the one I run around with).

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

1000 influence is a lot of game time for a personal guild (it’s definitely cheaper, being only 1 silver in the long run), but other than buying an influence scroll, you’ll be doing a lot of events, dungeons, and whatever you can to get that 1k. Events are 2 influence each, PvP matches I think are 5, Dungeons are 10, Logging in is 10 a day.

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

Hey gamesters.

I was looking at expanding my bank account vault to store some stuff that doesn’t fit into my collections. One extra slot would cost 600 Gem, which currently translates to approx. 44 Gold at the current prices.

Then I realized that creating my own guild only costs 1 silver, and a guild Stash with 50 slots costs 1000 influence, which I can buy outright for only 2 Gold.

It seems a lot cheaper to create a personal guild and stash stuff that way, than to expand my account vault.

Does this make sense, or am I missing out on something?

Are there any other reasons to create a personal guild (as well as the one I run around with).

What you are doing make sense because I and many others are doing that as well. I almost have 10,000 influence to upgrade to architecture IV to get another 50 slots. Personal story will award letter of commendation (400 influence). Events, dungeons, and character log in all award influence. My only regret was I started it too late, and have contributed about 10,000 influence to my previous guild. The only limitation in guild bank is that you cannot store account/soul- bound stuffs.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

He made it clear that he was planning on buying influence to get the guild vault which costs 2g/1k influence. However, while the stash does cost 1k influence to build, you’ve forgot to consider that you must also purchase the ‘research levels’ as a prerequisite to building the stash in the first place. If I’m no mistaken, you’re looking at a total of 7500 total influence, from starting the guild to completing the first level of the stash. So this will run you 15g1s total for the first 50 slots. A couple of drawbacks about this method to consider though are that you CANNOT deposit ANY soul bound or account bound items, you will always have to swap back and forth between guilds to use it, another ‘big one’ is that guild bank access isn’t nearly accessible as your personal bank, and the last one I can think of is that crafting tables will not consider any surplus mats that you toss into the guild stash. Oh, BTW if you plan on buying influence to upgrade to the trove or deep cave, you are looking at a LOT more influence needed, something like 45000 influence or so. Don’t quote me on the numbers but they are fairly close I believe.
My points about the bound items and guild bank vs. personal bank accessibility are probably the two most important to consider, though 50 slots for 15ish gold is a steal no matter tbh. Just be aware it’s not near as versatile. Hope this helps.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I use my personal bank to store stacks of crafting materials. I also use it to claim wvw supply camps for +5 supply (Art of War) and to build karma banners (Politics I think). If you wvw a lot, being able to claim a camp is a nice perk. Two of my friends are in the guild, so that we can share materials, minis, and other stuff, and they can buy influence to queue stuff whenever they want to. Since mailing is restricted after two, the guild bank is a loophole to sending a large number of items to each other.

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

Thanks for the replies guys. Looking at the cost of the research levels, I think I’ve added it correctly… it seems that a 50 slot stash costs:
Guild Cost: 1 silver
Research Architecture Level 1: 500 influence (1 gold)
Research Architecture Level 2: 1000 influence (2 gold)
Guild Stash: 1000 influence (2 gold)
Total 5 gold 1 silver.

I was hoping for a place to store all the stacks of dragonite, empyreal and bloodstone dust I’ve got filling up my regular bags… but of course…. it is all account bound, so can’t go into a guild anyway. Shame.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

If you have extra character slots you can always set up a “mule” character. I doubt it would be any more of a pain in the behind than having a guild band, and would only cost you the price of some extra large inventory bags. That way you can at least store account bound stuff.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Using Guild Bank though has a risk. If your account got hacked and the hacker got into your guild bank(s) and empty them. You won’t get any back even with account restoration.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Thanks for the replies guys. Looking at the cost of the research levels, I think I’ve added it correctly… it seems that a 50 slot stash costs:
Total 5 gold 1 silver.

I was hoping for a place to store all the stacks of dragonite, empyreal and bloodstone dust I’ve got filling up my regular bags… but of course…. it is all account bound, so can’t go into a guild anyway. Shame.

I was thinking you had to get tier 3 sorry for the miscalculation. As you can see there’s a consensus regarding my other points. I use a guild stash too but I use it for other things like keeping the ‘ton’ of cooking ingredients you get as you craft more complex food, for storing a large variety of foods, storing holiday related items…candy corn/sweaters/socks/etc, low level sigils/runes/gear for alts (lvl 40ish rares good for getting into dungeons early), blueprints, and any other cheap but useful items that I have in large quantities but don’t need to access often. This gives me an efficient use of the extra space w/o risking valuable items which I keep in my personal bank. I hope this helps as I didn’t mean to come across as a personal guild bank is all bad. I just wanted to give you a heads up on the pros/cons and practical uses.

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

My husband and I created a guild just for the shared space of the guild bank. We didn’t need to buy any influence – if you duo events you actually get decent influence – and it took us a couple weeks to get together enough to build the first bank tab. We also got lucky with some guild scrolls dropping from chests and both used the scrolls we got through leveling.

If you had friends in-game that have a guild slot open, they can help you out just by logging in and representing your guild before they go back to representing their main guild.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Through hard work and a long time, to build up influence. Invite other people to help speed it up a little. The other options are whipping our your credit card, but I highly suggest not doing that.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Using Guild Bank though has a risk. If your account got hacked and the hacker got into your guild bank(s) and empty them. You won’t get any back even with account restoration.

When has this ever…. Does this even happen?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Through hard work and a long time, to build up influence. Invite other people to help speed it up a little. The other options are whipping our your credit card, but I highly suggest not doing that.

Five gold isn’t that much to need to buy gems :p. I could probably make 5 gold in a day begging the people of Lions Arch to help me build a guild bank.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

When has this ever…. Does this even happen?

Yes, it happens all the time, just read the posts in account support looking for help and that is only the players who do not go straight to the support link and do not post.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Total 5 gold 1 silver.

Your calculations are correct. It will cost 5g 1s to create a 50 slot personal guild bank. Only draw back is that it will not accept account bound items, as others have noted.

A great place to store crafting materials and such. And much cheaper than a bank slot.

Mule characters are also a great option if you don’t already have all your character slots full.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

At least the 50 slot stash of the guild would suffice, one thing to note is that if you ever happen to change servers the guild upgrades won’t be available on the new server, which means you will lose 15 gold if you happen to change your server.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Run 2 Dungeons per day (2-2.5 gold per day), that14-17.5 gold per week, then buy what you want!