Agony and FOTM new leveling system

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

Q:

So if i am lvl 5 fotom and i go lvl 15 i will get the rewards for lvl 5. but will i suffer agony penalty ?

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

The difficulty (and the agony) will be at level 15.

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Would seem so. A bad implementation IMO, you should get the rewards and take the risks of the fractal level you’re doing.

Svetli.4276

no in the Q&A it was sad if you are lvl 5 and you go lvl 15 you will get rewards for lvl 5

Q: Fractals

Adding reconnect to fractals, and coming up a solution for the level restrictions – those are coming up in the next build.
Able to start at the highest fractal level achieved by any group member – it will advance everyone who is eligible for advancement up one tier
You will be rewarded based on your personal level, not the level of the fractal you are in (i.e. if you are not 10+, you can’t get ascended rings by doing higher fractals etc)

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Yeah, I meant that’s the way I think it ought to be handled Unfortunately, it would seem the devs aren’t of the same opinion.

Svetli.4276

can i get confirmation ?
cuz this is big deal and it is not answered buy anyone

Posted by: Grassrab.9302

Grassrab.9302

On the other hand a level 15 doing a level 5 fractals still has a chance at ascemded 1
rings see the quote in Svetli’s post.
But even with this a level 1 can join any level 1-10 group making it easier to find a group. I don’t think the intention is to have level 1 fractal players join a level 50 group.

Svetli.4276

no if you go lvl 5 and you are 15 you get the drop for 5 like before o_o (if you can get a ring at lvl 5 no need to 15 dose it)
my question is about the agony not the drop

and YES they make this so lvl 1 CAN go lvl 50 the problem is to many ppl are lvl 20 + and it is very had to find pt for specific fotom lvl
in 2 moths of play I SCRATCH my way up to lvl 7 this is not fun

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

If you are having trouble finding a group use www.gw2lfg.com. This is how i did most of my fractals runs because like you said its hard to find a group at your level.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Svetli.4276

ok i don’t like being forced to use OTHER sites to play the game
some guides ok but this site MUST NOT EXIST !

what will be next “oh you having trouble with the drop? use that program
or “oh you die a lot here a shield for you now you are immortal”
why not just add the legendary button you press it and BAM you have legendary

Posted by: LetheLuxuria.2641

LetheLuxuria.2641

Uhm, Svetli you are overreacting a bit, IMHO. ><

It is like saying Game Guides should never be released for any games.

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Anet are adding a LFG tool anyway so group finding will get ALOT easier.

The current system where there is no global chat or any form of LFG tool is ridiculous and i honestly cant fathom how Anet did not see the issues it has caused.

You got people on high popuation servers thinking the server is dead becouse there is no way of gauging how many players r around. Usualy u go by how active the global chat chanel is ..or how many groups u see being made in a LFG tool. among other things.

ATM u can sit in LA for an hour and see how active things are there, but agian thats only a small portion of the possible server population, and its still a PITA to find groups for things. Not to mention without a global chat channel social interaction is really limited. You have to bassicaly join the bigsest guild on the server to get any active convo’s going.
Granted the downside to global chat is the inevitable Spam from gold sellers, and guild recruiters, and the always present halfwits who find it fun…but still ..its worth having.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Svetli.4276

uh i ask about the agony ><
so i take it no one know for sure ?

Posted by: tuf pepper.1205

tuf pepper.1205

Svetli….Agony starts to effect the players at level 10…so if your level 5 doing level 15 after the new update goes live… yes you will get hit with agony…but the agony at low lvls (example- 10-15) wont kill you unless your alrdy at low-mid health level… yes maw will kill you no matter what since you wont have any Agony res unless you get lucky and get a ring for a daily or buy one for 10 daily relics…. so in short Agony will still hurt people if their doing level 10 and up fotm runs even though thier not level 10..

hope this answered your question

Svetli.4276

was this confirmed buy anyone from GW2 def team ? ?

tuf pepper.1205

its just common sence =)

put it this way….4 people that already knows how to run fotm start fotm on a alt toon at lvl 1 fotm… and they group with a friend who is lvl 50 fotm and do lvl 50…and since in your logic and or question..the 4 people wont get agony from the final bosses while only the lvl 50 will get agony thier for making the boss fights ALOT easyer and thier for wining and bumping the lvl 50 guy to the next lvl 51…. does that make any sence to you??…. I highly doubt they will add that kind of loop hole/ explote

so again agony will still efftect you if you do lvl 10 and above even though your not at lvl 10 yet..

(edited by tuf pepper.1205)

Svetli.4276

it make sence that you get reward for lvl 1 if there is agony penalty no one will joing the lvl 50 guy
so we are at starting position were there is no pr available A GEN
that pist me off ! developers say one thing and do exactly the contrary

but they say that there will be ascendent rings OUTSIDE fotom so maybe it wll be ok

tuf pepper.1205

all we can do is wait and see what all happens with the new patch…
no point in getting mad and ranting over something that hasnt came to pass yet….

ps…. i only used the lvl 50 as an example of what will happen if thier is no agony for low level fotm toons…

pss… the real question should be will we get the daily chest reward for doing the higher lvl fotm runs 10-20-30-40-50 ect… on lower lvl toons thats hasnt reached that next tier.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

This topic definately needs an arenanet post. You guys have no clue, pure speculation on how agony will be handled.

Ive asked this many times myself.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.