Any way to account bound guild weapons?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

I’m trying to make a Shimmering Weapon, but I bought a guild weapon on the wrong character NOT KNOWING the kitten things were Soulbound on acquire. So now I’m screwed because I can’t give the item to my character that has weaponsmithing.

I thought maybe I could make another exotic and transmute it to the skin, but the problem is my character with weaponsmithing can’t equip hammer’s and I don’t even know if that would work anyways.

Any ideas?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I did the same, I bought the guild sword on my warrior (the one that will use the final weapon) but my guardian is the weaponsmith.
All I did was to buy it again on my guardian …

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There is no way to convert a soulbound weapon into an account bound one.

There was a trick back at launch where you could use a transmutation stone to put it’s skin onto a non-soulbound weapon, which destroyed both the originals and made a new weapon with the skin of the one you wanted but the stats of the other so it was account bound. Then you could transfer it to another character and use a transmutation splitter to get the two original weapons back.

But that hasn’t been possible since the wardrobe was introduced.

Your only options are to submit a ticket to Support using the link at the top of this page and ask them to move the weapon over, or just buy another one.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Assuming the weapon is used as a material to craft the shimmering/tenebrous weapons, then wouldn’t it be possible to use it directly from the bank, regardless if it’s soulbound to a different character?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690