Are "Order" quests same for all races?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hostile.6091

Hostile.6091

Hi, Im kinda new so sorry if this is a noob question.
I have a Sylvari character in the order of whispers, and I recently made a new character(human).
Are the Order stories/missions the same for all races? I was wanting to put my Human in the Order of Whispers as well but if the story is the same I guess Id rather give another order a chance

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

The quests leading up to where you pick which order you want are different depending on race. But once you actually pick the order and are officially a member of one it’s the same.

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Just to add some more, levels 1-30 are completely unique for each race. 30-40 is dependent on your order, 40-48~ is dependent on the lesser race you pick, then there is like 1 more order dependent mission after that, rest are decided by choices made in a level 55 mission and on.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Hi, Im kinda new so sorry if this is a noob question.
I have a Sylvari character in the order of whispers, and I recently made a new character(human).
Are the Order stories/missions the same for all races? I was wanting to put my Human in the Order of Whispers as well but if the story is the same I guess Id rather give another order a chance

The only difference race makes once you join an order is determining which of the “lesser races” you can choose to aid.

Each player race has 3 associated lesser races they can choose to aid during the personal story. The list can be found here…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Racial_sympathy

Of course, as that page details, once you actually choose a lesser race to help, the storyline itself is the same no matter what race your character is. So all it really determines is which 3 you can potentially choose.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Decisions based on race + options chosen at character creations determine storyline for the first segment.

Then you get to choose which order to be helping.

Then which order to join. Even within the order, you can make different decisions. For example, one of the order missions involves sneaking someone out of lions arch. As I recall, there are 2 distinct mission choices for how to go about that.

The decision about which lesser races you can choose to help also changes the storyline.

After that your next storyline depends on how you answer the pale tree after seeing the vision of orr.

And within that storyline (and all follow up missions) you are directly asked which mission you want to do next.

So even 2 characters in the same order can have different storylines within that order. Some missions will always be the same, but you do get to choose quite a few.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hint hint: Ogre and Grawl quests are the best

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144