Ascended Gear

Ascended Gear

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Aeniklast.9283

Aeniklast.9283

So for whatever reason, I keep taking extended breaks and returning to the game.

I’m currently level 80 necro in full exotics. Looking to take the dive into ascended gear.

What are the easiest pieces to get first?
How do you even go about getting new pieces?
Do I need to level a profession?

#imlost

Ascended Gear

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

easiest= rings

yes you need a profession for armor and weapons, but there are other ways of achieving them.

you can get ascended armor and waepons from WvW bonus chests and there are many events in Pve that can give ascended tho the chance is very low. Best way imo to get them is first do fracs a bunch for rings then craft backpiece/ ammys. then go for accessories which can be obtained by laurals guild commidations and also through various achievements

weapons and armor take the longest depending on your money situation and profession. you must have lvl 500 to craft acended gear and some of the mats are time gated but can be over come by buying them for crazy prices on the TP

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Ascended Gear

Aeniklast.9283

Well crap! I don’t have any professions haha

So:
1) Fractals until I get rings
2) Level professions
3) craft back piece / amulets
4) guild missions and dailies for laural accessories
5)craft weapons and armor

Ascended Gear

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Ascended Gear (trinkets especially) is heavily time-gated, so I’d recommend working on them simultaneously;
Amulet: Laurels from logging in (and for now the Wintersday Daily) nothing you can do to speed this up. Hint: Get the one with an Utility Infusion in case you ever want the 20% MF infusion, it’s the only Ascended piece with an Utility Infusion.
Rings: Fractal Daily Chests, which as the name implies can only be earned once a day (per 10 levels, 1-10, 11-20, etc.) but since 10+ requires AR, you’re likely only capable of doing 1-9 for now. If you’re lucky a ring drops with the desired stats, but realisticly you’ll need 20 dailies for both rings (10 Pristine Relics trade for 1 ring.) this amount can be reduced if there’s a Fractal in the Daily Achievements.
Accessories: Guild Missions (or Laurels + Ecto, but I highly recommend Guild Mission cost and time-wise) only give 6 commendations per week (2 for bounty/challange, 1 for rush/puzzle) meaning you’ll need 4 weeks for both Accessories. Hint: If you don’t have a guild that does Guild Missions, plenty of Guilds out there accept ‘guests’ to their missions, try a big community guild!

Armor/Weapons aren’t as heavily time-gated (most materials can only be made once per day, but can also be bought on the TP) but simply costs a lot of money. Things to keep in mind aswell are that besides a lot of gold you’ll need Dragonite Ore/Emphereal Fragments/Bloodstone Dust, though especially since Silverwaste got introduced this isn’t a huge issue anymore. I’d recommend Weapons before Armor due to the over-all damage increase. Most weapons are worth ~50-60g in Materials, some Karma and account-bound Materials. Light Armor can easily add up to ~300g/set.

Lastly the backpiece, there’re multiple ways to get the backpiece. If you plan on getting an infused backpiece I’d highly recommend Mawdrey. She’s the only backpiece that doesn’t require 250 ecto to infuse, making her one of the most cost-efficient infused backpieces. If you don’t plan on infusing the backpiece (only worth it if you need Agony Resistance) I’d go for any skin you like (e.g. Light of Dwanya) or a more cost-efficient, but time-heavy Fractal Capacitor.

On the bright side, the first toon is the hardest. Currently gearing up my boyfriend’s account for Fractals, it’s a slow progress with only 1-9 Fractals available, no Relics for +5 infusions, no Relics to infuse backpieces, no materials to infuse Rings etc.

Ascended Gear

Aeniklast.9283

Is there anyway to obtain all ascended pieces through PvP?

I really only do WvW and EOTM.

I don’t care much for the PvE :/

Ascended Gear

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

it can be dropped in fractals, tequatl, 3 headed wurm and in wvw. Not sure about pvp.

Ascended Gear

Aeniklast.9283

it can be dropped in fractals, tequatl, 3 headed wurm and in wvw. Not sure about pvp.

I’m not quite sure what “Tequatl and the 3 headed wurm” are.

How do you obtain them through WvW?