Bags don't compact anymore

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

I’ve been using 15 slot bags up until yesterday, I made some money on this living world event, so I splurged and went for 20s. I also picked up a 20 slot rare bag from fractals. As it sits now, I have plain 20/plain 20/plain 20/fractal 20/craftsman 15/oiled 15/invis 20. NONE of the bags compact. Not the plain ones, none. Anyone else had this problem? Is the Fractals bag screwing it all up?

Posted by: aliciamarianne.1725

aliciamarianne.1725

I’ll bump this thread but no, I have never heard of that happening. If you fill up your bags and then clean them out, however, items wont compact from certain types of bags to others. Normal items placed in oiled (its junk items, right?) bags won’t compact upward unless you manually remove them, just like in invisible and craftsman bags.

Eliane Karmasdottir, Guardian, In loving memory of Eliane. R.I.P.

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Any bags that have an inherent sorting feature will not compact. The masterwork fractal bag automatically moves greens into it until it’s full, so it won’t compact. Same goes with your craftsman, oiled and invisible bags. The first 3 bags should compact properly though if they’re really just plain ones.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

Fractal bags do not compact, I found this out when I bought myself 4 20 slot masterwork grade. I couldn’t live without the compact feature so I reduced myself to just one bag and banked the rest, going back to my 15 slotters.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

i havent used compact feature in a while, and if i do, i cringe as i have to move some things to the bottom bags again.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

The problem is that even the plain bags don’t compact. It’s insanely annoying, and happens only on this one toon.

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

i havent used compact feature in a while, and if i do, i cringe as i have to move some things to the bottom bags again.

Getting bags with inherent traits can help with that. Depending on what it is you don’t want compacted with the rest.