Best gearing for Ele?

Best gearing for Ele?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

So, I know that legendaries are the best weapons, for normal and underwater. But other than that, what’s the best gear for light armor, Ele specifically? I’m asking about everything but weapons! thanks for your time.

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Best gearing for Ele?

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

You need to post your build for us to help with the armor.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Best gearing for Ele?

Fenom.9457

I don’t really have one, that’s the point. I use fire mostly though

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Best gearing for Ele?

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Normally the best gear for Fire, to do damage, would be Berserker gear. Or, at lower levels before Berserker exists, Mighty/Strong gear.

That said, the patch last week offered quite an overhaul to damaging conditions, making Burning in particular much stronger than it was before. Elementalists who like Fire attunement are capable of creating a lot of Burning. As a result, gear like Sinister would now become an option that it wasn’t before.

I’d suggest for the moment you focus on Berserker and see what you can do with direct damage, as it’s the established choice. Down the road when you have enough gold for spare gear, you might want to look into trying out the condis to see how they work.

And one final note. With full Berserker gear, you’re going to be very fragile. Good management of your dodges, mobility and evasion skills are going to be needed to survive against stronger foes. If you’re simply dying too much, then swap out some Berserker pieces for other types of gear like Soldier’s or Knight’s or Valkyrie’s, to add some more defensive stats. As you become more comfortable and get better at the game, you’ll be able to swap those pieces back out for Berserker gear one at a time, until you’re surviving just as well without any defensive gear as you were with several pieces.

Best gearing for Ele?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Legendaries aren’t the best weapons. They are equal to the best weapons, whatever those might be at the moment.

As for gearing/build that depends what you want to do with the character and/or play style preferences. Direct damage or conditions? Avoid damage or take the hits and heal? Group oriented or solo? That sort of stuff.

Best gearing for Ele?

Fenom.9457

Legendaries aren’t the best weapons. They are equal to the best weapons, whatever those might be at the moment.

As for gearing/build that depends what you want to do with the character and/or play style preferences. Direct damage or conditions? Avoid damage or take the hits and heal? Group oriented or solo? That sort of stuff.

I do all of that, so I was wondering if there was a one best armor in the game

Best gearing for Ele?

Fenom.9457

Also what about stuff live back, rings, accessories, amulets, etc?

Best gearing for Ele?

Khisanth.2948

If you don’t want to focus on anything there is Celestial.

Best gearing for Ele?

Xiahou Mao.9701

Maybe my post was assuming too much.

There is no specific type of gear that’s “stronger” than others, beyond the rarity tiers, which go as follows.

White/Normal < Fine/Blue < Masterwork/Green < Rare/Yellow < Orange/Exotic < Ascended/Pink = Legendary/Purple

You don’t have access to each rarity at each level. Green gear starts at level 14, Yellow at level 35 (as cultural armour) or 39 (as drops), Orange at level 62, and Pink/Purple at level 80 only.

There are different prefixes for each piece of gear that determine what stats are on it. Those prefixes expand as you go through levels as well. From level 1-25, there are single-stat items like Mighty (Power) or Resilient (Toughness). From level 20-60 (yes, there’s some overlap) you start seeing double-stat items like Strong (Power and Precision) and Hearty (Vitality and Toughness) gear. Then from level 55-80 you get the three-stat gear, like Berserker (Power, Precision and Ferocity) and Soldier (Power, Toughness and Vitality).

The actual name/type of the armour doesn’t matter, beyond the prefix, rarity and level. A Soldier’s Ascalonian Protector Breastplate (level 80 exotic) has the exact same stats as a Soldier’s Forgeman Breastplate (level 80 exotic), even though the two are acquired from different dungeons and have a different appearance. Similarly, if you were to craft an exotic level 80 Soldier’s breastplate yourself, it would have the same stats as those dungeon items.

So your job is to figure out what stats you value, and then find items of around your level with the prefixes that give those stats. If you want to do damage, look for gear that gives +Power. If you’re feeling too squishy and need passive defense, look for gear that gives +Toughness or +Vitality. You know better than us what you need, because only you know how you play! You can browse the in-game Trading Post and narrow your search down based on level and stats to quickly find (hopefully affordable) gear that fits your needs. Just don’t overpay if there’s a similar item a level or two in either direction that’s much cheaper!

(You can use that same Trading Post to sell your extra gear, too.. much more profitable than using NPC vendors in most cases)

Best gearing for Ele?

Fenom.9457

Maybe my post was assuming too much.

There is no specific type of gear that’s “stronger” than others, beyond the rarity tiers, which go as follows.

White/Normal < Fine/Blue < Masterwork/Green < Rare/Yellow < Orange/Exotic < Ascended/Pink = Legendary/Purple

You don’t have access to each rarity at each level. Green gear starts at level 14, Yellow at level 35 (as cultural armour) or 39 (as drops), Orange at level 62, and Pink/Purple at level 80 only.

There are different prefixes for each piece of gear that determine what stats are on it. Those prefixes expand as you go through levels as well. From level 1-25, there are single-stat items like Mighty (Power) or Resilient (Toughness). From level 20-60 (yes, there’s some overlap) you start seeing double-stat items like Strong (Power and Precision) and Hearty (Vitality and Toughness) gear. Then from level 55-80 you get the three-stat gear, like Berserker (Power, Precision and Ferocity) and Soldier (Power, Toughness and Vitality).

The actual name/type of the armour doesn’t matter, beyond the prefix, rarity and level. A Soldier’s Ascalonian Protector Breastplate (level 80 exotic) has the exact same stats as a Soldier’s Forgeman Breastplate (level 80 exotic), even though the two are acquired from different dungeons and have a different appearance. Similarly, if you were to craft an exotic level 80 Soldier’s breastplate yourself, it would have the same stats as those dungeon items.

So your job is to figure out what stats you value, and then find items of around your level with the prefixes that give those stats. If you want to do damage, look for gear that gives +Power. If you’re feeling too squishy and need passive defense, look for gear that gives +Toughness or +Vitality. You know better than us what you need, because only you know how you play! You can browse the in-game Trading Post and narrow your search down based on level and stats to quickly find (hopefully affordable) gear that fits your needs. Just don’t overpay if there’s a similar item a level or two in either direction that’s much cheaper!

(You can use that same Trading Post to sell your extra gear, too.. much more profitable than using NPC vendors in most cases)

I’m level 80, so I supposed ascended is best. Is there legendary gear or were you talking about weapons? And for all the other stuff, I see lots of ascended at laurel merchants. Is that the best for things like back, ring, etc.?

Best gearing for Ele?

Khisanth.2948

Legendary is the same as ascended. It’s just for the visuals.

Best gearing for Ele?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’d say the more important difference now is the fact that it can CHANGE stats out of combat (now that weapons have more stats).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Best gearing for Ele?

Fenom.9457

still not getting answers about anything but armor and weapons need advice on stuff like rings amulets accessories back etc.

Best gearing for Ele?

Xiahou Mao.9701

I’m level 80, so I supposed ascended is best. Is there legendary gear or were you talking about weapons? And for all the other stuff, I see lots of ascended at laurel merchants. Is that the best for things like back, ring, etc.?

Ascended is the best for you, yes, but acquiring it varies greatly depending on the type. Ascended weapons and armour are only feasibly acquired by crafting, with an incredibly small chance of being obtained from world boss hoards/from PvP/in fractals/etc. It will take a lot of effort and money to get your crafting skills high enough to make them, and then even more to get the components needed. For now, stick with Exotic.

The jewelry is a different story. You can obtain Ascended-tier jewelry with Laurels, a currency you earn simply by logging into the game. Ascended Amulets can only be obtained via Laurels. You can buy them at a Laurel merchant in a town, or by going to World vs. World, where you can buy with a combination of Laurels and Badges of Honour, usually a better deal as Badges of Honour can be easily acquired in World vs. World (specifically in Edge of the Mists) or via Achievement Chests. When you buy an Ascended Amulet, there will be three varieties, all with identical stats but different ‘infusion slots’. Pick the one for your stat selection that has the Utility Infusion slot, as it’s exclusive to amulets and can give you bonuses other Ascended items can’t.

Rings can likewise by bought at the Laurel Vendor, for a bit more than Amulets. You can also earn Ascended Rings by playing the Fractals of the Mists dungeons, giving an alternative method to acquiring them. Finally, Accessories are the most expensive type of Ascended jewelry, and also the weakest stat-wise. They cost 40 Laurels and 50 Globs of Ectoplasm, meaning they are generally not a good deal to buy from the Laurel Vendor. Instead, you can earn them by completing Guild Missions, or by participating in World vs. World Tournaments (though we don’t know when the next one of those will be).

For any Ascended gear you can’t afford right now, Exotic will do fine. And should you take it upon yourself to try to craft Ascended Weapons or Armour, start with a weapon first. The weapon is a little cheaper to craft (still very expensive), and it will have a bigger impact on your character than a piece of armour will.

Best gearing for Ele?

Khisanth.2948

I’d say the more important difference now is the fact that it can CHANGE stats out of combat (now that weapons have more stats).

That sounds nice in theory but in practice it is not that useful unless you are sticking to cheap sigils.

Best gearing for Ele?

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

Best gear i have slapped on my ele was traveler ruins and celestial gear. used it in PVe and WVW without too much of an issue.

Best gearing for Ele?

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Do people with legendaries swap stats on the go all the time? Cos most seem to go with one stat for most of their playing time. Also, a legendary weapon still has sigils which might work well with one build but are totally useless with another. Imo, swapping stats on the go isn’t as useful as many claim it to be.

After the patch, it’s possible to change stats on ascended gear (armour/weps) in mystic forge for the cost of 5 ectos/inscription or insignia. So more than ever, legendaries are about visuals.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Best gearing for Ele?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

WoodenPotatoes put out an ele vid for burn stacking, if you’re interested in that (you said you kind of camp in fire). Which he recommended sinister or rampagers gear for that. Figured I’d toss that out there in case you were interested.

Personally, I run a combo of celestial and zerk on my primary ele. I used valk when I was leveling her.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Best gearing for Ele?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

…..
After the patch, it’s possible to change stats on ascended gear (armour/weps) in mystic forge for the cost of 5 ectos/inscription or insignia. So more than ever, legendaries are about visuals.

Not exactly. You can EXCHANGE one Ascended stat item for another stat set (entirely NEW weapon / armor piece), but those Sigils and Runes you are saying makes the swapping of stats on a Legendary unimportant are completely LOST in the exchange process.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances