Best way to farm Trick-or-Treat bags?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

Which is the best way to farm them – Labyrinth train or Clock Tower jumping puzzle? Any tips for farming processes?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Maize balm

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

During Halloween I think the Labyrinth is definitely the best way, especially if you can join a train. I did that last Halloween and it’s the first (and last) time I actually managed to be affected by the DR code. The enemies respawn very quickly and all of them can drop ToT bags.

The clocktower is a good option if you’re on at a quiet time and can’t find a train for the Labyrinth though, because that place can be extremely frustrating if there’s not enough people.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Farm gold. Buy ToT bags.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

I found farming ToT bags in labyrinth stupid easy as guard spamming staff 1 or flamethrower engi (farmed about ~14k last year). Unfortunately unlike SW it is kill based drops, so you will absolutely hit the DR wall and it will be obvious. If i remember correctly I’d swap out all toons after hitting 250 bags, and when none were left I’d idle them in LA/ rotate in dungeons & world bosses for a bit.

If leading zerg, just clear out the door spawns asap (many bag drops) and then full circle mid while clearing mobs for more during down time. Do NOT engage the really hard boss unless youre positive you can kill him, or else players will ragequit bc they dont want to run back

Now Im curious if any of the elite specs will be even better for mob farming than the base classes, but I doubt it

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

Wait, you can only farm 250 bags per day per toon?

Danikat.8537

If you’re in a train try to avoid knockbacks as a lot of the tactics consist of balling up enemies (or pinning them at the spawn point for doors) and hitting them with AoE, so knockbacks are really annoying.

And it’s probably best not to go in on a ranger at all, because you will be blamed for every single knockback that does happen, no matter how many times you explain that you’re using a sword and torch and can’t use knockback even if you wanted to. Even after 1/2 the zerg agrees with you and someone else explains that it’s the guardians Hammer of Wisdom that’s doing it.

Danikat.8537

Wait, you can only farm 250 bags per day per toon?

There is no fixed cap on how many you can farm.

But the Labyrinth, like all areas of the game, is affected by the anti-farming Diminishing Returns code. Which means that after you’ve been in the same area killing the same enemies over and over for a while you will stop getting drops from them.

No one knows exactly how it works – whether it’s simply time based or based on the number of kills or some combination, but after a while of doing the same thing you will notice a very sudden drop-off in loot. It’s especially noticeable in somewhere like the Labyrinth because all the enemies are level 80, a decent percentage are veteran and higher so normally you’ll be getting lots of greens, lots of ToT bags and rares and exotics periodically.

Then all of a sudden you’re getting lots of junk (actual junk: grey text items) and no ToT bags and not long after that you’ll be getting nothing at all.

But you can remove the effect by playing that character in a different area for a while. The few times it hit me before I’d run out of inventory space I’d go to LA to empty my bags out and convert my candy corn to cobs, then go and do the clock tower or something, take a break from the game and when I came back everything was back to normal.

More often though I’d fill up my 80 or so spare bag slots with stuff I couldn’t sell on the TP or salvage and deposit (or I’d used up my salvage kit) before that happened so I’d take a break anyway to sort it out.

I’d get a few stacks of ToT bags before that happened though, and I was farming the labyrinth several times a day (trying to get the mini Gwynefyrdd) so you can definitely get far more than 250 a day, even with DR.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Now you got me thinking. If you were farming Tots in the Labyrinth and hit DR, then jumped on a Maize train, would that hold DR or start to decrease it since you are in a different area?

I wonder if you could then have DR in both areas if you had a good Maize train?

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Definitely Lab is the best place to farm them. I have made hundreds of golds last year just selling them bags on the TP. Just change toon in every other stacks of ToT bags dropped. It is a great place to lvl characters as well.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Now you got me thinking. If you were farming Tots in the Labyrinth and hit DR, then jumped on a Maize train, would that hold DR or start to decrease it since you are in a different area?

I wonder if you could then have DR in both areas if you had a good Maize train?

if you change area/activity you won’t have DR in the new area. So cycling Maize, labryrinth and clocktower jp might be the steadiest way to farm them ;-)
If you hit DR in all just start clear up the inventory or change toon.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?