Best way to get ascended bakpack ?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: leasm.1279

leasm.1279

After taking a quick look at the wiki, I believe the easiest way to get me an ascended backpack is completing the Luminate’s Backplate collection in HoT. I only have 2 of those items so far though.

Are there other easier ways to get ascended backpacks?

And how long can I expect to finish such a collection? I just have to explore Auric Basin and do events every day to eventualy complete this collection?

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The PvP one isn’t that hard to get depending on your experience

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

The Luminate’s back requires you to collect all of the Auric weapons, which can be time consuming. If you have several characters, you can run each of them through the story part City of Hope, which rewards a choice of one Auric weapon based on class. You can also craft these weapons. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auric_weapons Otherwise yes, the Luminate’s back is just a matter of doing events in Auric Basin. Collecting all of the weapons took me several weeks, collecting the other parts took me a couple of days (you have to collect an item from champs at each outpost, so you can’t hit them all in one map cycle).

If you don’t want to spend a lot of time:
The easiest would be making one of the backpacks from the mystic forge.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Equipment#Backpieces

If you do fractals, and have been doing the daily recommended, Finite Result (first tier of the legendary backpack precursor) is pretty easy and cheap to get. The only costly part is salvaging an ascended piece of equipment. You will need level 500 in at least one craft.

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

Since I see someone wanted to ask the same thing as me I’ll go ahead and relate my story here.

I have no idea where did I hear about this but I was sure until recently you get and ascended back piece for map completion. Can someone confirm if that is true or just a misunderstanding on my part?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Since I see someone wanted to ask the same thing as me I’ll go ahead and relate my story here.

I have no idea where did I hear about this but I was sure until recently you get and ascended back piece for map completion. Can someone confirm if that is true or just a misunderstanding on my part?

The wiki states these as the methods of acquisition for ascended back items:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_back_item

• Crafted in the Mystic Forge using various recipes
  • Crafted from recipes learned from recipe sheets
  • Rewards from completing collections

No mention of acquisition via map completion, but several are awarded via collection completions.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

@rhapsody
Finite result actually needs 2 balls of dark energy, 1 for collection and another for crafting.

@OP
When getting your back piece, remember the available stats are quite limited (some more than others), so double check the wiki before you commit yourself to any one route.

The other relatively easy back pieces are the ones from the 3 pact collections or Mawdrey. In terms of gold, the fractal capacitor is the cheapest if you run fractals.

There was never a backpack from world completion.

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Cheapest asc backpiece is Fractal Capacitor if you do fractals.

The order backpieces are also not that expensive, but you do need to buy full set of order armors and finish the HoT story.

However, if you plan to do the higher fractals, i recommend you get Mawdrey instead. It’s not that expensive either, just a lot of timegates (and buying some LS2 content). The upside though, upgrading Mawdrey to infused for upper fractals is much cheaper than other backpieces as it doesnt require 250 glob of ectoplasm like other backs.

leasm.1279

The order backpieces are also not that expensive, but you do need to buy full set of order armors and finish the HoT story.

Are you talking about Warmaster’s Pack (got this name from the wiki)?

How can I get it? From the wiki I see I need to actually complete several collections for that..

onevstheworld.2419

2 collections actually, the 1st is easy:
Crusader’s pack – complete HoT story with whichever character choose the initial rare pack in “Prisoner’s of the Dragon” + HoT map currencies. (You should use the character you’re most proficient in because some people struggle in the final battle)

The 2nd is more challenging:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warmaster's_Pack_%28achievement%29
Main road blocks are finishing the HoT story chapter I achievements and buying all the Vigil armor and weapon skins (~105g). There are some mastery gated collection items too. The other 2 order packs follow a similar pattern (Lightbringer’s and Magister’s).

If you don’t feel up to all that, the mystic forge recipes are “only” 20-100g more expensive depending on what stats you want.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

leasm.1279

If you don’t feel up to all that, the mystic forge recipes are “only” 20-100g more expensive depending on what stats you want.

Thanks. Taking a longer research on the wiki, Book of Secrets seems to be the easiest one to make with berserker stats. And by easiest I mean it seems to not require running Fractals. Is this correct?

250 Pile of Bloodstone Dust
40 Mystic Crystal
50 Glob of Ectoplasm
250 Vial of Powerful Blood

Bloodstone Dust I probably have a lot already (have to check). Mystic Crystal I can buy with Spirit Shards. And IIRC the last two ingredients are purchasable from TP. Probably the price will be high, but at least this is just a question of having the gold or not, and does not require farming long collections.

Is this correct?

onevstheworld.2419

That’s right. You do realise the MF zerk backpacks will cost 200g+ in mats, right? If you’re going down that route, maybe get the one with the offensive infusion slot, it’ll let you put a power infusion later on.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_Swift_Flight

TBH, I’d recommend taking the time to learn fractals. You’ll come out ahead in the long term.

Btw, those zerk backpacks are pretty poor stat upgrades for thier cost. If you haven’t got ascended trinkets and weapons, you should consider those first.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I don’t know if it’s technically the easiest/best, but I found the Tempered Spinal Blades easy…. it just took a lot of time.

Buy the sprocket home instance node and the watchwork mining pick, and then it’s mostly just a matter of waiting until you have enough sprockets to convert to blade shards. I’m currently working on my 3rd TSB doing this, lol.

So if you don’t mean ‘quickest’ when you say ‘easiest,’ then give that a look.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

That’s right. You do realise the MF zerk backpacks will cost 200g+ in mats, right? If you’re going down that route, maybe get the one with the offensive infusion slot, it’ll let you put a power infusion later on.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_Swift_Flight

TBH, I’d recommend taking the time to learn fractals. You’ll come out ahead in the long term.

Btw, those zerk backpacks are pretty poor stat upgrades for thier cost. If you haven’t got ascended trinkets and weapons, you should consider those first.

I remember making the zerk stat Quiver in the MF because I realized I had a certain amount of the materials anyway and what I didn’t have I got by trading in materials I didn’t need anytime soon on the Trade Post for the 250 or so I did need. That huge stack was really the only thing I needed to crank out after looking through my stuff so I gave it a couple of days to let buy and sell orders in my favor go through. You could probably make one of those just by cleaning out junk you’ll never use with a little trading.

Kash
NSP