Buy/Sell history of an item

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Is there a way to lookup the buy/sell history of an item?

I have an item to put up on the AH. It’s not, in my opinion, a special item. The asking price is normal for the item. However, the sell price of the item is way more than it should be.

I wanted to see if the item is actually moving at that price, or if for whatever reason, buyers and sellers are in some weird stalemate for that item.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I use gw2tp to check prices as it has a cleaner look in my opinion.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you look up any tradable item on the Wiki the info box on the right side of the page will list 3 or 4 different sites that provide this info.

Which one you use is up to you. They all get the info in the same way so they’re all as accurate as each other, they just present it differently.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

notebene.3190

Thanks folks! I tried looking the item up, but it didn’t exist. Probably searched on too specific of a name.

Hunh, really does go for that much.

Now I need to figure out why.

Ayrilana.1396

Thanks folks! I tried looking the item up, but it didn’t exist. Probably searched on too specific of a name.

Hunh, really does go for that much.

Now I need to figure out why.

If you list the item, we could probably tell you why. Usually because it’s very rare.

notebene.3190

This

The sigil inside doesn’t seem to be worth anything? There are other shields of the same type and skin that sell for the ‘normal’ 28-34s. I see a few other shields sell for more too.

So I was scratching my head on that one. I hate to list it for that much and get burned on the deposit only to have a flood of ones come in offered for 35s and then I have to pull it and re list it. Hate it when that happens.

Ayrilana.1396

This is a strange one as I’m not quite sure. It could be because the weapons are rare at that specific level but I’m seeing inconsistencies to that. I’ve seen an explanation to this before but I can’t remember where it was.

notebene.3190

This is a strange one as I’m not quite sure. It could be because the weapons are rare at that specific level but I’m seeing inconsistencies to that. I’ve seen an explanation to this before but I can’t remember where it was.

Yeah, thought it was strange. Thanks!

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

I have seen the theory before where gold sellers use items to transfer gold. They choose relatively low supply items where they buyout the supply to artificially inflate the price. After that they have the customer either sell all the items into a buy order (if you notice 217shields were bought before the spike) or list the item for a higher price. Thus the gold is transferred.
The other possibility is someone bought a good portion of the shields to salvage for Ectos.
Regardless I personally wouldn’t list it for the current price unless you’re comfortable waiting until (if at all) the price spikes again. The supply of the item is already increasing again while the amount sold is almost non existent.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Also to note in case you or others were unaware, if you open your chat in-game and type /wiki itemname it will open your web browser to the GW wiki for that item. You can also shift+click the item to send it to chat to look up a specific item instead of a general wiki search.

So:
- open chat
- type /wiki (and put a space)
- shift+click the item in your inventory or anything that can be linked to chat
- send

Helps to speed up the wiki search when you want to look up a specific item.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

notebene.3190

More good info, thanks!