Can't Transmute New Armor

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Q:

So, I blew all my gold on some new armor – all the same set – and for whatever reason it can’t be transmuted. It is not soulbound. I don’t know what’s up. Anybody know?

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

A:

Is it level 80? In which case you need a fine rather than basic transmutation stone.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Zonzai.2341

Right. Just found out about that.

That’s a crock. I have to spend MORE money in the gem store now? I really feel like ANet is pushing the gem store too hard. It just seems like they go out of their way to force it on me. So this has made me decide that I’m done spending money there.

I don’t have time to farm gold just to look good either though, so I guess I’ll just have a plain looking PvE toon. No real loss for me. Eventually I’ll put enough together to exchange for some gems anyway.

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Well, if you don’t want to spend gold on gems, feel free wasting like 40h doing some ’’condtinent’’ and receiving better transmutations stones as reward.
Personally I’d rather spend 3.7g on 5 stones, but it’s only me.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

It’s not as if getting fine transmutation stones for free is hard… I had at least 20 before I had enough money for 1 piece of 80 armor, let alone a full set.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Zonzai.2341

Well, if you don’t want to spend gold on gems, feel free wasting like 40h doing some ’’condtinent’’ and receiving better transmutations stones as reward.
Personally I’d rather spend 3.7g on 5 stones, but it’s only me.

That’s probably what I will do.

It’s not as if getting fine transmutation stones for free is hard… I had at least 20 before I had enough money for 1 piece of 80 armor, let alone a full set.

You must be a very lucky guy. I have two 80’s one 64 and one 34 and have never gotten a fine transmutation stone.

Fine transmutation stones can drop from black lion chests. If you complete a zone, there’s a chance of getting a key as a reward. You will also earn 3 black lion keys during your personal story between level 1-50.

I’ve not opened a lot of them. But I’ve not gotten any from the ones I’ve opened. For now I suspect it will be faster to just run AC a few times and have the gold to buy them. I complete maps to level my alts anyway, so maybe I’ll get some. Thanks.

Thank you for the suggestions everybody.