Can you change the stats on Ascended rings?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Duchy.1942

Duchy.1942

Hi all,

I know that you can change stats on ascended weapons and armour in the Mystic Forge, but I was just wondering if you can do the same for rings, or if rings fall under the ‘armour’ recipe?

Thanks!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No, you can’t change stats on back items, rings, or other accessories.

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Only weapons and armor.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are a couple of mechanical reasons why trinkets won’t follow the same recipe:

• Armor & weapons are crafted; trinkets are bought.
  • Rings drop frequently in fractals and are easily acquired via pristine relics.
  • Mystic Forge recipes for rings allow them to be infused; there are no similar recipes for armor or weapons (nor for amulets or accessories, either, at least, not yet).

I expect nearly all of the above mechanics will undergo some sort of change when HoT is released.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

there likely won’t be until jeweler is increased to 500. then you will be able to craft ascended trinkets, and then you will be able to use the 400 level upgraded jewels and use them in the forge much like the inscriptions and such are used now.

this is, of course, wild speculation, but if the system makes any sense at all it will look something like this.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I’m just waiting til after HoT is released, then checking my options for my old Magic Find ascended rings sitting in the bank :P

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

ArenaNet did mention that we should not just throw away all those spare ascended rings just yet. They are hinting that there will be some use for them in the future, probably when the expansion is released.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ArenaNet did mention that we should not just throw away all those spare ascended rings just yet. They are hinting that there will be some use for them in the future, probably when the expansion is released.

They didn’t just hint. They explicitly stated that we could salvage rings for a new type of material that would have a use in creating the new legendaries.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-brand-new-fractals-of-the-mists-legendary-backpacks-ascended-salvaging-and-more/

Ascended Salvaging!

Finally, all of you who have been saving your fractal rings or bonus gear chests from the world bosses can clean up your banks! New ascended salvage kits will be added to BUY-4373; salvaging each type of item, like gloves or weapons, will yield different results, but all will provide a chance at the new ball of dark energy salvage item that will be used for crafting new legendary items in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and beyond. Salvaging ascended rings will also grant players stabilizing matrices, a necessary component for legendary crafting. These can also be traded in for fractal encryption keys.

They haven’t said if there are other sources of this material, how much we need, the drop rates, etc. So too soon to speculate. I just know I’m not deleting any of the rings for now.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”