Class with greatsword

Class with greatsword

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: powetng.1024

powetng.1024

New player, greatsword fetish, can’t decide what class to main and farm for legendary greatsword, mainly PVE. Please help!

I’m having Guardian, Ranger and Necromancer all 80 atm, burned out of leveling new just to find out the class with good GS synergy.

Class with greatsword

Posted by: Neyensb.2581

Neyensb.2581

If you don’t want to lvl a new character go for necromancer (Reaper) because staff + GS + reaper shroud are pretty good pve. Necro’s might not have the best GS skills but the melee shroud is super fun!
Second choice would be Guardian, they have very high dmg potential with right build/gear.

To be honest I like warrior(berserker) more, because they pump out dmg and it is a class with high mobility (swiftness + leaps ) => Faster world completion
This is the #1 class to easymode pve! Just 100blades everything

If you are just gonna farm SW and Hot meta events play what ever you like

Class with greatsword

powetng.1024

If you don’t want to lvl a new character go for necromancer (Reaper) because staff + GS + reaper shroud are pretty good pve. Necro’s might not have the best GS skills but the melee shroud is super fun!
Second choice would be Guardian, they have very high dmg potential with right build/gear.

To be honest I like warrior(berserker) more, because they pump out dmg and it is a class with high mobility (swiftness + leaps ) => Faster world completion
This is the #1 class to easymode pve! Just 100blades everything

If you are just gonna farm SW and Hot meta events play what ever you like

I do need the world completion eventually
Btw, might if I ask you how to build the Guardian? My guardian has much lower HP and DPS compared to my other classes.. TBH I also prefer a warrior but, need to re-train a Norn race. T_T

Class with greatsword

Posted by: Neyensb.2581

Neyensb.2581

Guards indeed have low HP so you might have to dodge from time to time
1. Run GS + mace/focus
2. always stand in a symbol while attacking (gs4 or mace 2)
3. Be a dragonhunter
4. Traits=
Zeal: 2 2 3
Virtues: 1 1 1
Dragonhunter: 1 2 3
5. Bane signet and traps as utility, Feel my wrath as elite
6. Having berserker armor/weapons/trinkets will improve dmg output (but even less HP)
7. superior runes of flame legion ar a cheap way to increase dmg by a lot

Class with greatsword

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Mesmers and warriors also use greatswords, and if you save up tomes of knowledge (or have an unused level 80 boost) you can have one up and running quite quickly.

Class with greatsword

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

For PvE Reaper stay on top, easy gameplay, 2 HP pools mechanic with an army follow and protect you anywhere, spammable GS #2 with low HP target.

If you solo alot a strongly recommend using Marauder gear with Power/Pre/Vital/Fero, Marauder are pretty good on both Guard and Necro.

Warrior also good with GS but you will find yourself boring really fast due to lame animation compare to guard.

Class with greatsword

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

You know that once you have the Legendary GS, you can use it on any lvl 80 character? Just adjust the stats to what best fits each one’s build.

Or you can have one character with the actual Legendary and others with its skin.

Class with greatsword

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

If your target is to acquire the legendary greatsword, warrior might as well be your best choice, 100 blade with legendary is one of the most beautiful skill to watch imo.

I have all classes at lv80, 2 wars, 2 guard, 1 rev, 1 ranger, 1 thief, 2 eng, 2 necro, 2 mes, 1 ele, i have twilight and sunrise, guess who’ve got to equip the 2 legendaries?

Yes, the 2 warriors, i never felt boring with warrior seriously.

Class with greatsword

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Unfortuantely, I’m still 100 Obsidian shards away from Sunrise, and I’m really struggling to get them. Once I do, though, I’ll try to get back to you on how it looks on Guardian, Warrior, and Ranger.

Personally – without Sunrise, I find Ranger to be the best Greatsword-wielding class for open world PvE. Damage is greatly inferior to Warrior and Guardian, but it’s got so much else going for it – Beautiful Autoattack animation with an evade, a smash that brings a bear with it, an eagle soar that turns into an awesome dunk, a parry (That you can turn into a throw to end them rightly), and a pommel smash to shut idiots up.

Class with greatsword

powetng.1024

Thanks for yours input! I’m more preferably to Guardian and Warrior, guess will stick around with the 2 classes.