Coming back after a year of not playing.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Matthew Campana.7809

Matthew Campana.7809

So it has been ages since I jumped on this game, and im sure I have missed heaaaps of content. Has lots of stuff changed? Im currently patching the game

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Nothing has changed.

Can i have your stuff when you leave again?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Lots of things have changed. Check the release page and updates page at the wiki for details.

There have been two major feature packs this year. The first one came in April . Major changes were the introduction of an account-wide skin and dye wardrobe, which included a remodel of the transmutation system, the megaserver system that replaced server-specific maps and overflows with dynamically allocating players of a whole server region to copies of the map that are no longer server specific (including a change in the schedule of boss events to reflect the map changes), as well as a total rework of the way characters earn traits.

The second feature patch in September remodeled the leveling process and personal story, as well as unlocking all guild features region-wide instead of server-wide, adding miniatures and finishers to the account wardrobe, special collection achievements, changes to WvW and crafting and more.

Living story season 1 ended in March, and season 2 started with the Gates of Maguma episode in Juli, including a new story journal to track personal and living story episodes, and a new lvl 80 map to the west of Brisban.

Depending on when you last logged in, you may even have missed the destruction of Lion’s Arch towards the end of LS season 1. It’s slowly being rebuilt, but don’t be surprised that it looks a lot different right now than it used to.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

To name a few random things that may not get mentioned:

• Rangers have not only become accepted in DPS meta groups, some groups prefer them
  • Permanent Hair Stylist contracts are now dropping from Black Lion Chests
  • Tequatl is now doable with groups formed in under 10 minutes (no more 45-120 minute prep times)
  • Maps no longer feel empty (thanks to megaserver)
  • Boss timers are now pinpoint accurate and spawn windows have been done away with (I think)
  • Town clothes has been removed, but there’s an NPC you can talk to if you want your stuff back as tonics (I don’t like this one)
  • More new faces and hairs in makeover kits
  • T1 WvW zergs are more aggressive on foot (I love it. I can jump right into action instead of spending an hour running supply errands.)
  • Multiple guilds showing up to the same mission is more common
  • People are generally better at dungeons
  • The trading post now loads fast enough to actually be used for selling multiple item types on the fly
^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Mostly negative changes, like the dumb downed starter areas, trait system, more laggs and stuff like that. Turn around while you can, this game is doomed.