Dawn's giveaway winner selected.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

To the players who entered, I have imposed 2 hidden conditions in regards to /age, and the giveaway is not completely RNG. In addition to that, I have added my own guild and CD’s synergy alliance as contestants.

This is the list that I have compiled. I will go to the randomizer website in another 10-12 hours.

PS: To the players who did not get in, my sincere apologies. To the players who have played more than 8 hours daily, please remember to cut down on it.

EDIT: Winner is ten.8421, selected number 110.

Attachments:

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

Posted by: Velocity.4950

Velocity.4950

well, there goes another rich high level becoming even more rich.

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

I’m on this list and I have 96s. I don’t get what you’re saying Velocity..
Also good luck to any who are in it, and congrats to you who gets it

After the giveaway, can you release what your selection process was?

Posted by: Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Yay, I have a chance!

A tiny chance, but a chance nonetheless!

Posted by: Cassium.3240

Cassium.3240

Come on #35 Crosses fingers

Posted by: RAWR.4273

RAWR.4273

Good luck to all that made the list! I feel like this is some eager tryout for a team and we’re all waiting to see who made it! =3

Thanks again for holding this giveaway LoneWolfie, great early treat for players this Halloween!

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

thanks for the update
good luck everyone

Posted by: Kel Co.2408

Kel Co.2408

What were the hidden conditions so I can be less mad as to why I am not on the list?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Made the shortlist!
Cheers for this LoneWolfie

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

“PS: To the players who did not get in, my sincere apologies. To the players who have played more than 8 hours daily, please remember to cut down on it.”

So as someone who has played for over 600 hours without ever getting an exotic drop I dont get to make the cut? That’s a little upsetting. Keeps in line with my luck in GW2 I suppose though.

Good luck to everyone on the list.

Posted by: Alyssa.3419

Alyssa.3419

It’s been 10 hours fingers crossed

Posted by: Rolex.2869

Rolex.2869

Awesome, looks like I’m not that unlucky after all, and if I’m lucky again our Sunrise will finally shine in a couple of months !
Congratulation to those who passed and GL everyone !

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

well, there goes another rich high level becoming even more rich.

That’s the trick, after looking at a load of the shortlist pics it seems pretty random with regards to playtime and selection.

What were the hidden conditions so I can be less mad as to why I am not on the list?

I’d like to know this aswell, i mean after checking some pics i see a lot with playtime similar to mine who got in – it seems very random.
-
Anyways it’s still cool he/she is giving the sword away, but i have to admit to lead a lot of people on for a week and then say “sorry i now have a limit on who can enter” on the day after it finised is pretty low (infact it’s very low).

Good luck for those that entered i guess.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Wow I made the cut?

I hope I get this sword!

GL everyone!

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Oh well…gratz

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Guess i should have entered on the last day, the day i entered i was at 190+ hours & now i’m over 200+ hours.

If only i’d have known to repost .

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

LoneWolfie.1852

It’s number 110. Wow that’s underwhelming.

Conditions are as followed.

1) Below 200 hours not eligible.
2) Above 500 hours not eligible.

For those who didn’t meet the conditions, I’m really sorry. I wanted to cut it off at 400 hours, but I thought it was better to include more people at the end. The reason why I choose to select a certain group is because a semi-hardcore group will probably find it next to impossible to farm up 200-400 g. For the massive hours put in by the hardcore players, you will almost certainly get the item in the future.

For the casual players, I’m sorry but the legendary item is very hard to obtain and I chose the semi-hardcore group who paid in a lot of hours but is still unable to obtain it.

For the rest of the people who did not win or got selected, I again apologize that I “chose” a certain demographic and hope you don’t blame me for that. If you still wish to pursue a legendary weapon, I suggest that you consider a 3 year plan where you save up 700 g to get all the necessary items.

PS: One final wish from me, I hope during Christmas time, you guys can hold a gift-sharing event to celebrate the holiday.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

Thank you very much LoneWolfie for your generousity in giving away Dawn & a huge congrats to ten.8421 for winning it!

Happy holidays all !!

Posted by: Zionka.6897

Zionka.6897

Your contest, your rules, and I think it was very well thought out. Grats to the winner, and you, Lonewolfie, are an exceptional member of our community. I hope this contest of yours will inspire more like it!
Cheers

~Jade Quarry Server~

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Heh. Good on you Wolfie. Thanks for being generous to random people.

Also, Synergy Alliance? I was pretty sure I knew who you were in game, and now I’m like 99% sure. Good on ya, you’ve made your guild proud. :P

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Congrats!!!!! I’m so jelly ! :P

Posted by: Pariah.1457

Pariah.1457

Congratulations for the winner

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

guildies > pugs
it was a nice sentiment anyway
what a waste of a weapon, the ‘winner’ has posted his disinterest in the game and now isnt even using it.

(edited by Player.9621)

Posted by: CoffeeBean.8690

CoffeeBean.8690

Grats to the winner, hope you enjoy your phat loot!

Thanks for the contest OP. I do think your reasoning was well thought out.

Posted by: frellingfahrbot.7152

frellingfahrbot.7152

Congrats, have fun crafting!

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Congrats to the winner! Have fun!

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

asdfghjkl! I normally never win draws like this!

Thank you so much, LoneWolfie! I am ridiculously excited! I was convinced I’d never get even a chance at a shiny like this, because I have the worst loot luck ever.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Congrats Ten!

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Kurajin.4607

Kurajin.4607

Gratz to you, Ten

@LoneWolfie, just a short question: Why did you exclude me?

The pic i uploaded is below. Time played with the shown character is around 288h. Time played with all character is around 347h.
Therefore i should have met the conditions (200h<x<500h right?) to be on “the list”, but i can’t find my name on it :/

Attachments:

Posted by: Tyr.2489

Tyr.2489

Cheers to the winner and the host! Best of luck to you both.

Posted by: TurboGuard.4865

TurboGuard.4865

I appreciate the opportunity.
Here’s hoping there will be more giveaway’s like this in the future from the more fortunate and generous players

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I can play a lot and be casual Congratulations though

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

To the players who have played more than 8 hours daily, please remember to cut down on it.

All I can say to that line is, mind your own business, people can manage their own play time tyvm.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

LoneWolfie.1852

Gratz to you, Ten

@LoneWolfie, just a short question: Why did you exclude me?

The pic i uploaded is below. Time played with the shown character is around 288h. Time played with all character is around 347h.
Therefore i should have met the conditions (200h<x<500h right?) to be on “the list”, but i can’t find my name on it :/

I must have missed out… sorry about that, there really were a lot of names…

LoneWolfie.1852

To the players who have played more than 8 hours daily, please remember to cut down on it.

All I can say to that line is, mind your own business, people can manage their own play time tyvm.

While I’m certain that many people can manage their time, I have seen my friends play many hours of other MMO games, till the point where their grades are affected. It is a caution and a plea, nothing more. You are still free to play as many hours as you wish.

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Congratulations Ten!

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

LoneWolfie, how much time a person can spend in game depends entirely on their personal situation and responsibilities so telling people (everyone who reads your comment) who spend more than 8 hours a day (on average) playing to cut down on it is just absurd unless you are aware of every readers personal situation, which you aren’t.

For your friends, that’s something you can speak to them about offline if you feel the need to but for anyone else I reiterate that it’s none of your business.

Congrats to the winner btw

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Also note, the /age is logged in hours and has nothing to do with actual time playing the game. I know several people that keep the game open all day, even complain about the 24-hour kick out.

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

Thank you for the grats, everyone.
I have received Dawn today and am still kinda just mousing over it every now and then in awe.
I’m not 100% sure what I’ll do with it, actually (since I never honestly expected to win). On the one hand, Sunrise looks amazing and would be quite the challenge to work toward, but it would also be something that only I on one of my characters would benefit from. On the other hand, if I sold Dawn, I could use the considerable gold for plenty of things that would benefit not also me but also my guild and friends… but selling it seems kinda shallow and callous to LoneWolfie and all the other people who were hoping to win it for making their own Sunrise. I’ll have to give it some more thought.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: Bravix.3497

Bravix.3497

I think you should give it to me Y’know, to honor LoneWolfie’s goodwill.

Posted by: Shaeyl.7064

Shaeyl.7064

Thanks to LoneWolfie for the contest. It was generous and kind, and I think gaming needs more people like this, though he’s proof that they’re around.

I’m a little skeptical of the hours limit, because I don’t know if anyone who’s logged less than 500 hours could be near to any of the other legendary requirements and are more likely to sell it. Also, it’s a difficult to assume what those with lots of hours logged do with their time. I, for example, stay logged in while I work so my guildies can contact me if needed, and when I am online I split my time between farming and running dungeons and other things with guildies. I am certain I will never have enough gold to buy a Dawn unless the prices decrease dramatically (as in under 100g), because a fair number of my resources go to my guildies and their legendary progress. So I rely on the hope of a lucky drop. I’m sure it’ll happen eventually, so I’m not worried.

On the other hand, I understand that many people who have too much time on their hands will in fact have enough money to just outright buy it. And I can appreciate LoneWolfie’s effort to encourage people to do things other than just play this game.

Thanks again, LoneWolfie, for the contest. Grats to Ten, and best of luck to all who are working towards Sunrise.

“First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!”

Posted by: Ragnarok.4593

Ragnarok.4593

Lol I was # 111 >_<
Grats ten! YA Newb

Posted by: Lanrin.6785

Lanrin.6785

Congrats to the winner

but i think it’s bad form to suddenly pipe up about “hidden conditions” afterwards, having previously proclaimed that “the only condition that I have is for you to post your /age in-game screenshot”……………….

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

Grats Ten!

@Lanrin: It was kinda obvious when the OP was asking for “/age” that it was going to be used for something. I agree with what the OP did. Hardcore players will get Dawn themselves (or already have it). And Casual players would take years upon years to ever use it for a Legendary and most would just sell it. Leaving just the semi-hardcore group that was most likely to use as well as need it was really the best decision :-)

I didn’t even enter the contest because I don’t want Dawn/Sunrise, and I already got my pre-cursor. (of course, getting Venom was easy/cheap compared to most others)

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I think it speaks volumes about this community that a random winner was announced for something quite substantial and if you read the bulk of this thread you see folks genuinely congratulating the winner — instead of whining it wasn’t them. I keep opening this thread and re-reading it because it reaffirms my faith in people.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Grim.6415

Grim.6415

Congratz to the winner, enjoy it Ten.

Thank you for running the draw, but in the future let me know if I’m eligible before I enter rather than after. I don’t mind losing one bit, but I do mind going through the effort to enter and having the anticipation of “what if” only to check the thread and find out that I never at any point had a chance because I didn’t quite have 200 hours into the game yet.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

thanks for letting me in your shortlist and giving me the chance to win your dawn give away.

#170.

Good luck and grats to ten.

Posted by: Tekla.2139

Tekla.2139

Grats to the winner!
and thanks to LoneWolfie for the chance to win the dawn.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I only just saw this.
Congratulations to the winner, what an awesome prize
Thank you LoneWolfie for having this contest, I can totally understand your criteria and can see that you put some thought into it.
I can’t believe I made the short list Woot!

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Kiwicharr.8051

Kiwicharr.8051

was happy to see my nameo n the list! im so jelly! XD