Delete and reroll

Delete and reroll

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Alex Griffin.1829

Alex Griffin.1829

I first leveled a human necromancer up to 45 or so then kinda got bored of them because the only good builds were auto attack condition damage builds which are meeh…
I then made a norn engineer and enjoyed it for a while and leveled him to 68 but now its just boring because of the fact you only have 2 weapon options and almost all of the engineer kit weapons are pretty useless.

I mostly play games for the PVP and like the WvWvW and faction/server PVP and want to figure out what class is most fun doing that stuff?

I havn’t played in around 3-4 months so i don’t know if i delete a character if i’m losing anything important?

Delete and reroll

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You know that you have 5 character slots and not only one ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Delete and reroll

Posted by: Alex Griffin.1829

Alex Griffin.1829

I hate juggling multiple characters when i only really play one.

Delete and reroll

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think Beldin’s point is you can try most of them because of the character slots. It’s hard to say what is most fun because everyone has a different play style. Plus a lot of responses will be different due to what I stated previously.

Personally I like my ranger for WvW because I’m not so great a close combat stuff and my bear is the closest thing to a tank I have seen in this game.

I do think it is odd they can’t use rifles given their name and everything.

The Burninator

Delete and reroll

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

A minor point, once your characters reach 1 year old, they will likely get a birthday present. In Guild Wars 1 they were minipets and some were fairly valuable, especially the rare ones from characters that were several years old. So, if you delete your old toons you won’t get one for them.

Delete and reroll

Posted by: womble.2153

womble.2153

I hate juggling multiple characters when i only really play one.

You don’t have to touch any of the other characters if you don’t want to. The last one you logged in as will be leftmost in the list of slots. You can throw away or sell anything left in the bank by your “resting” toons that’s no use for your “new favourite”.

No juggling involved.

By deleting the “old” toon, you’re losing, not only all the hours you spent on them and any gold you spent (should you decide that you fancy trying them again, perhaps after an expansion or class rework in a patch), but their craft skill slots and their inventory space. Admitted, you’d have to “juggle” to use those things, but just leave them next to their best/most used crafting station and recycle their gear to feed your current one, if you want; if you do start using them again, the TP will provide with adequate gear to get them going again.

Delete and reroll

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Necromancer? Only good builds are condition based? You’re wrong my friend.
The condition builds are one of the less good once (dunno why but condition damage doesn’t do much dmg except it’s burning)

I use a necro on berserk + soldier and I’m totally fine with that.
I enjoy running into the monster zerg with my necro using some wells and hitting some then jumping out again or getting supported whatever the case is.

Sure my dmg isn’t the world (knife with ~500 ~500 ~1k) but still I’m better doing on survivability than the berserk tanks on CoF.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Delete and reroll

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I then made a norn engineer and enjoyed it for a while and leveled him to 68 but now its just boring because of the fact you only have 2 weapon options and almost all of the engineer kit weapons are pretty useless.

Yes… please keep telling that to your friends as well
I don’t want to see many engineers running around :P
Makes me feel more unique.

Delete and reroll

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

A minor point, once your characters reach 1 year old, they will likely get a birthday present. In Guild Wars 1 they were minipets and some were fairly valuable, especially the rare ones from characters that were several years old. So, if you delete your old toons you won’t get one for them.

I would personally change your words ‘will likely’ to ‘might’. Although this gw1 tradition can mean they repeat it and therefor its a good idea to keep your first character alive, Arenanet has proven many times to have broken with certain traditions.

To name a few:
Chinese (Canthan) new year
st. Patricks day
Easter
Talk like a Pirate day
thanksgiving

Guess we have to wait and see.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Delete and reroll

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You’re never going to get a simple answer on what profession to play because they all have very different playstyles and so appeal to different people. A lot of people really like warriors but every time I’ve tried them I just get bored.

But I do agree that you shouldn’t keep deleting characters when you’re bored with them. You don’t have to play them all but the problem with deleting them is if you decide you’ve made the wrong choice and you want to go back to one you used before you’ll have to start from scratch instead of picking up where you left off.

Also don’t assume that builds shared on websites are the only ones available. A lot of fan sites will only list builds made by the sites creator, or only flavour of the month builds. If you don’t like them you can always look at the skills and traits on offer and make your own.

Personally I like my ranger for WvW because I’m not so great a close combat stuff and my bear is the closest thing to a tank I have seen in this game.

I do think it is odd they can’t use rifles given their name and everything.

The name ranger has nothing to do with attacking at range. It means range as in ranging around – travelling off-road in the wilderness and relying on your own survival skills to do it. Like forest rangers or army rangers (or more specifically Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings).

I admit that point was slightly confused when GW1 had them as a purely ranged profession but in most games they can use either ranged or melee weapons, usually with magic or magic-like skills to back it up.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”