Do i need to buy both expansions?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Valakivi.5716

Valakivi.5716

Q:

Do i need to buy both expansions or only Path of Fire to play the desert new zones?

Posted by: sokeenoppa.5384

sokeenoppa.5384

A:

You dont NEED to buy both expansions for desert map, how ever If u dont buy hot expansion (jungle) you Will miss 9 elite specs and Masteries like cliding

Edit: and you dont get hot story, IMO its pointless to start story from pof

(edited by sokeenoppa.5384)

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

To try the beta now, you don’t need to purchase any expansion.
To play in the PoF areas post launch, you need only buy PoF.
To be able to glide, or play in the HoT maps, you’ll need to add HoT.

Posted by: SmellyTerror.6178

SmellyTerror.6178

Hi, we’ve got a similar question: I’ve got an old bought core account, no expansions. I’ve got my kids into the game (after I left for a couple years – I’ve never played the expansion). But there doesn’t seem to be a core account anymore and the free restrictions are starting to bite now we want to team up.

So do I get them each a HoT upgrade to get them what is basically the old core? Or is there something in PoF I’d be better off getting? Will HoT content be empty when we get there? Is there something that matters in either expansion for WvW?

We might get to the expansion material eventually, but right now we just want to unlock WvW and party chat and stuff. It looks (?) like we need to upgrade if we want to get to WvW before level 60…?

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

If you buy either HoT or PoF you’ll get rid of the limitations on free accounts. (Be aware that some of then takes a few days to lift)
There’s a few WvW related things in HoT (some vendor options, and War Gliding), and likely a few things will come with PoF, but we don’t know yet.