Easy bit of money for the new people....

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Animen.8651

Animen.8651

Hey all!
This video just shows a little way to get some extra cash easily if your new to the game!
Hope this helps someone and have fun!!!!

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

You can also sell the stack of 10 dyes (available for 5 laurels). You should easily get well over 1 gold per stack of 10. For a brand new character, that’s a nice sum of money.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I disagree that this is a good thing to do.

Laurels have many purposes later on and very nice things to get when you are level 80. O nyour first run through the game you make enough money for the essentials (books, gear, every 15 level and 2-3 weapons every 15 levels). The wayt to teach people how to make enough money to get their first character to 80 is to learn to gather materials. Recognise the ones that are not for you main character crafting professions and sell everything else.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Animen.8651

Animen.8651

I disagree that this is a good thing to do.

Laurels have many purposes later on and very nice things to get when you are level 80. O nyour first run through the game you make enough money for the essentials (books, gear, every 15 level and 2-3 weapons every 15 levels). The wayt to teach people how to make enough money to get their first character to 80 is to learn to gather materials. Recognise the ones that are not for you main character crafting professions and sell everything else.

Yeah I agree with everything you say but using 5 laurels or so will not kill you and gives just that nice little feel of if I really want something I can buy it.

Posted by: bcd.4352

bcd.4352

I have to agree that saving your laurels for 80 top end gear is the best thing to do.

However, if you want to buy and sell dyes and drive down their price that’s awesome! I’m still working on Bifrost.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

I have been getting Dye for Laurels since they were introduced (and selling the Dye on the TP).

Right now i need that gold much more.
I have no chars near lvl80 atm anyway.
So, i cant really imagine i need Laurels for something else.
Am i gonna regret it when i do have a char at lvl80 ?!
Dont know.

As for the Dye price, oddly it has actually risen a bit the last month.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I have been getting Dye for Laurels since they were introduced (and selling the Dye on the TP).

Right now i need that gold much more.
I have no chars near lvl80 atm anyway.
So, i cant really imagine i need Laurels for something else.
Am i gonna regret it when i do have a char at lvl80 ?!
Dont know.

As for the Dye price, oddly it has actually risen a bit the last month.

Well this is the reason I would never advise it. Im not saying the other things are super important. They are nice but doesn’t give you like super sayan power. But if you are going to regret it it is yourself to blame and not someone advising you.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Probably best to aim for having 30 laurels when you hit 80 but other than that, dye money is pretty good, especially if you get an abyss :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Here’s what I think a new player needs to know to make money:

• TP loot bags (unless they potentially contain Crystalline Dust, which they won’t if you’re new)
  • TP salvage items unless there’s a daily or monthly for Recycler
  • When selling anything where there’s a significant margin between the top buy order and bottom sell order (25 copper or so), undercut the bottom sell order by 1c.
  • If the required level on a looted piece of gear is divisible by 5, see if it sells for a decent amount on the TP (about double the vendor value is “decent”).
  • Good prefixes on gear to bother checking the sell price on are Mighty, Strong, Knight’s, and Berserker’s. These will be good for other people leveling.
  • When gearing up off the TP, you can buy blue gear, and then sell it back to the TP when it’s obsolete. If you only paid 1c over the vendor price, just vendor it when you’re done with it, it’s not worth the TP tax in that case.
  • Don’t ID dyes. Sell the unidentified dye, and use http://argos-soft.net/GW2DyeList/ to identify the specific colors you want (you can get 16 common colors for what an unidentified dye goes for). Set a sell order, people sell them for as low as 12s when they go for as high as 18.75s, typically.
  • Don’t craft if you’re short on funds. There is no bind on pickup gear in Guild Wars 2 that comes from crafting. When you have the money, you can use crafting to powerlevel. Use http://www.gw2crafts.net/ and make sure that’s really the amount you want to invest. Those collectibles you’ll use to craft, could be sold instead, depending on your goals. Remember, you didn’t “farm them for free”, they cost you time.

I’m not sitting on CoF money, but I’m fairly comfortable from using these tips, and my account has every laurel I’ve ever earned still on it.

User was infracted for being awesome.