Gone for 4 years advice needed

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Darkleaf.2687

Darkleaf.2687

Long story short when the game first came out I was juggling a few games this got pushed to the side and I forgot about it. My brother started playing hot again so I’m like why not.
Highest is 52 ranger 400 chef 16x leather
Nero 44 322 jeweler 16x tailor
I also started a thief mesmer and ele but lv in teens. The listed classes have 4 birthday presents each idk what those are but thought is say.

Think ranger was getting her butt kicked couldn’t find a good Wep combo and started the Necro idk can’t remember. Kinda of an altoholic but trying to find a class I like and that’s useful end game advice here could save time. I’m usually pretty big into crafting and gathering so I’ll max all of them just because also a hoarder of mats old habits die hard.

Sorry getting off topic what classes are useful end game or wvw, what crafting profession is most useful or if you plan to level them all which to level first, is getting the crafting license for 2 more crafting skills worth it if you’re into crafting. Also what things from the cash shop aside from bank bag and character slots are useful to get to help you enjoy the game more like the unbreakable or unbound magic gathering tools or something idk what they do tbh or the mail or black lion remote use thing. Sorry for being scattered brained at lunch at work overnight typing on phone. I’d really appreciate feedback I really want to get back into an mmo and this looks promising.

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

First of all, welcome back.

Stick with your necro, with PoF coming all necro community have very high hope on the new elite specs scourge because they bring barriers. Both necro and ranger are enjoyable in end game, for WvW those 2 are the most popular, Necro for large scale fight, and ranger for roaming or small scale fight. Pick either but i would recommend Necro because they nearly unkillable in open world content.

For crafting, sooner or later you have to get them all maxed ( which mean 500 )
Visit this site for more guide : http://gw2crafts.net/
if you are playing light armor class like necro, ele, mesmer then pick tailoring and artificing first and the rest later, if you play medium class like ranger, thief, engi then pick Leatherwork and Huntsman first.

Don’t bother getting the crafting license, and since your are a big fan of gathering then go ahead and buy those gathering tools on TP, they worth more than anything. If you have extra gem to spend then go with some bank slot and bag slot and finally dont lose your soul to fashion wars.

Posted by: psychosiz.7109

psychosiz.7109

I will add the following, when you get to HOT, be prepared. Its a huge step up in difficulty. The success of your characters can be misleading in the regular world. Once you jump into HOT related content, everything hits harder and you will notice your skill level and choices of builds, armor ect matter a whole lot. I am having, and have had issues with many casual players in my guild who are entering HOT and having trouble adjusting, while blaming this and that when in reality they were overconfident due to their success leveling their characters. Unfortunately some characters seem to be better made, easier and suited for success in HOT.

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Personally, I think the bag slot is a waste. The SHARED inventory slots are very useful, especially with unlimited harvesting tools and HoT map keys.

DO NOT waste gems on the crafting licenses – you’re limited to 2 crafting disciplines per character and you have at least 5 character slots. That’s 10 possible crafting disciplines when there are only 9 in the game (if you include scribing).

Few thoughts on going from core Tyria into HoT:
0. HoT maps are really intended to be group content, so events lead up to a map-wide meta event. Some things can be solo’ed, many things can’t – much more so than core Tyria. Even some of the Hero Points cannot be solo’ed. Don’t be afraid to ask for help in map chat.
1. Learn what hard and soft CC’s are, and which ones are available to your classes. Just type CC in the search on the wiki and read that article, follow it up with the one on “Defiance Bar”. CC’s are effectively mandatory in HoT compared to core Tyria.
2. Masteries: everyone will have differing opinions, but I suggest training Gliding 1 and 2, followed by Itzel Lore 1 (bouncing mushrooms), followed by Nuhoch Wallows as soon as you can. Gliding and Itzel can be unlocked in Verdant Brink, Nuhoch requires getting to Tangled Depths.
3. When you start looking at getting ascended gear: Weapons before Armor. And if you have any of the Living World Season 3 Episodes unlocked, do trinkets and rings before back items or amulets. Also…with stat swapping on ascended gear, it can be cheaper to craft something with stats you don’t want and then stat swap in the mystic forge than to craft it with the stats you want from the start.

Posted by: Darkleaf.2687

Darkleaf.2687

Ugh i’m getting some conflicting things about necro some people are saying itll be good for pof and i’ve read other threads where people wont take you into raids. I kinda don’t wanna level a class thats being kicked to the curb so to speak. I got to 45 today only played a few hours exploring, mind you i havnt played since release, my gears crap, and virtually no money think i spent most of it crafting. I have no qualms about buying gems and getting gold to get myself started in the game. Also like i’ve said im sure my gears subpar, and i have no idea as far as skills i’ll have to look into this more thoroughly.

Posted by: Antivillian.1250

Antivillian.1250

DO NOT waste gems on the crafting licenses – you’re limited to 2 crafting disciplines per character and you have at least 5 character slots. That’s 10 possible crafting disciplines when there are only 9 in the game (if you include scribing).

Also worth saying if you deactivate weaponsmith in order to start huntsman, you can go back and re-activate weaponsmith at the same level, thus having your main be good at a lot of different disciplines isn’t a bad idea.
There is a nominal fee you have to pay each time you re-activate your skill, but you will make this back from doing an event in PvE.