Have I missed too much to come back?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

So, I played the game at launch for about a month, hit the level cap, and stopped.

Then, around Christmas of the first year, I started playing again, and got super into it – played for about six months before I was spending way too much on gems, doing the pseudo-OCD thing and trying to get everything ever.

Haven’t touched the game since. That’s been… what? A year and a few months since I’ve played?

One of my friends that played at launch is interested in picking it up again, but…

It feels like I might have missed way too much, in terms of exclusive items, PVP, communities, daily/monthly challenges, etc, etc.

That said, I guess you can replay Living Story events you missed now, or something? So that’s cool…

And maybe I’m just being silly thinking “I NEED TO HAVE EVERYTHING” to play again.

Thoughts? Anyone else that stopped playing for a long time and came back? Have I missed too much, or is that just a silly psychological quirk I need to get past?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I never stopped playing so my opinion may be worthless, but I’d say it’s worth reinstalling, though it’ll cost you a few gems to open up the season 2 parts you’ve missed (first 3 parts iirc)

Hope you have a good time and welcome back

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Youve missed some theatrics, but nothing too outstanding. you can jump back in and continue where you left off.

unless you frequently hung out in lions arch.

A crazy sylvari blew it up in an effort to wake up the dragon bothering everyone now.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I never stopped playing so my opinion may be worthless, but I’d say it’s worth reinstalling, though it’ll cost you a few gems to open up the season 2 parts you’ve missed (first 3 parts iirc)

Hope you have a good time and welcome back

Thanks for the friendly words!

A crazy sylvari blew it up in an effort to wake up the dragon bothering everyone now.

Ha, best tl;dr ever.

Going to lurk in this thread now so I don’t bump it with every reply, but I will be reading (and appreciating) everyone’s comments!

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Nope, still in beta.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Nope. It’s never too late to start again. But be aware there are some cool changes coming up for new (and returning) players. As far as the Living story, season 1 is not replayable at this time. It is something they would like to implement, but later down the road. Also if you missed the first few episodes of season 2, they can be unlocked again permenently for all your characters via the gem store (300 gems per episode I believe) but are not playable until level 80.

Welcome back!!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

You didnt miss much. The lvl cap is the same, we have ascended gear but exotics is still good for everything, everyone has the same stats in pvp, and right now the gem store brought back some old items in sale, so if you start to play again your OCD may make you buy everything that is in sale :P

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Nope. It’s never too late to start again. But be aware there are some cool changes coming up for new (and returning) players. As far as the Living story, season 1 is not replayable at this time. It is something they would like to implement, but later down the road. Also if you missed the first few episodes of season 2, they can be unlocked again permenently for all your characters via the gem store (300 gems per episode I believe) but are not playable until level 80.

Welcome back!!

Ah, that’s too bad about Season 1 – but I suppose it’s not a big deal. I caught a few of those, at least.

Thanks for the clarification about Season 2 episode cost-to-unlock. I have no doubt I’ll be okay dropping a few gems if I get really back into the game, again.

You didnt miss much. The lvl cap is the same, we have ascended gear but exotics is still good for everything, everyone has the same stats in pvp, and right now the gem store brought back some old items in sale, so if you start to play again your OCD may make you buy everything that is in sale :P

I have a few ascended jewelry pieces, I think – I stopped playing right around the time bounties were introduced. It’ll be interesting to see what other ascended gear is out there, and how much of a slog it is to get it.

And good to know about the gem store – I’ll hide my wallet!

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I wish I could say that you’ve missed too much to come back, but I can’t.

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I re-installed the game, and spent like half an hour just blinking at my stuffed inventory, browsing the TP and seeing all the crazy new skins.

It’s pretty overwhelming.

Also kicking myself for using the Winter’s skins back in the day, instead of holding onto them – those things sell for almost the price of a Legendary. It’s crazy.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I re-installed the game, and spent like half an hour just blinking at my stuffed inventory, browsing the TP and seeing all the crazy new skins.

Also kicking myself for using the Winter’s skins back in the day, instead of holding onto them – those things sell for almost the price of a Legendary. It’s crazy.

The skins from the first halloween and wintersday are crazy expensive right now. I think it was on the first wintersday that the permanent hair stylist kit was avaliable, that thing is the second most expensive item on tp right now.

TheAngryLuddite.1834

The skins from the first halloween and wintersday are crazy expensive right now. I think it was on the first wintersday that the permanent hair stylist kit was avaliable, that thing is the second most expensive item on tp right now.

It’s probably a good thing I didn’t get one from my BL chests – I would have bound them, and gone bonkers now, seeing the prices (that’s what I did with the two Wintersday skins I rolled).

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Watchwork pick is currently available, hate if I kick start your OCD but it’s a great item to have and use.

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Watchwork pick is currently available, hate if I kick start your OCD but it’s a great item to have and use.

I was looking at those – there are all these unbreakable top tier harvesting items being sold, right? Is there no difference between them except for the cosmetic look? Seemed like there were a few of each type (axe, pick, sickle).

In all honesty though, I probably don’t need one. I have stack after stack of BL harvesting tools I never used, which I got from chests, in pursuit of various skins (that mostly never dropped – trying [and failing] to get a fused weapon was the nail in the coffin for me the last time around).