Herb Farms?

Herb Farms?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Is there such a thing as an herb farm anywhere? Like how there’s that lettuce farm in Queensdale you can use once every 24 hours?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Herb_Sprouts
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mature_Herbs
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Young_Herbs

Herb Farms?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

No, the “farm fields” only appear for specific cooking ingredients that yield only a single type of ingredient (e.g. cauliflower, lettuce, strawberry, sugar pumpkin). Such “farms” are also usually the only places where these ingredients can be found.

Herbs (of various qualities) appear on all maps, and are not limited in that way. However, if you are looking for very specific herbs, you should note that not all ingredients drop from all herb nodes.

For example:
- Chilli Peppers only drop from herb nodes in Ascalon.
- Vanilla Beans only drop from herb nodes in Maguuma.
- Coriander Seeds only drop from herb nodes in Kryta.
- Rosemary Sprigs only drop from herb nodes in the Shiverpeaks.

Some of these are also limited to certain level ranges. (E.g. While Vanilla Beans can drop from Maguuma herb patches from level 1 areas and up, Cloves will only drop from level 55-ish and up.)

(By the way, everything I mentioned about herbs also applies to root vegetables.)

Herb Farms?

notebene.3190

No, the “farm fields” only appear for specific cooking ingredients that yield only a single type of ingredient (e.g. cauliflower, lettuce, strawberry, sugar pumpkin). Such “farms” are also usually the only places where these ingredients can be found.

Herbs (of various qualities) appear on all maps, and are not limited in that way. However, if you are looking for very specific herbs, you should note that not all ingredients drop from all herb nodes.

For example:
- Chilli Peppers only drop from herb nodes in Ascalon.
- Vanilla Beans only drop from herb nodes in Maguuma.
- Coriander Seeds only drop from herb nodes in Kryta.
- Rosemary Sprigs only drop from herb nodes in the Shiverpeaks.

Some of these are also limited to certain level ranges. (E.g. While Vanilla Beans can drop from Maguuma herb patches from level 1 areas and up, Cloves will only drop from level 55-ish and up.)

(By the way, everything I mentioned about herbs also applies to root vegetables.)

Thank you very much!

I was looking for Bay Leaves, and it seemed like it could come from anywhere 15-70th level. I was able to get some in Gendarran Fields. How do I tell based on the item itself which zones I might be able to get it in more specifically?

Herb Farms?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

That information should be found on the wiki.

By the way, bay leaves are a rather common drop in my memory, and I do believe they mostly drop in Kryta (Gendarran Fields and Bloodtide Coast).

Herb Farms?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I don’t think there is any way to tell. Certain ingredients are level limited such as Snow Truffles and Orrian Truffles being limited to recipes for lvl 80 characters and are thus going to be in level 80 areas. Herbs are very likely to drop from herb sprouts of course, but all from unlikely places like trees. I’m sure we’ve all see pepper corns, cinnamon, and the like from trees. I think part of it reflects that in nature a variety of herbs are from trees.

In fact, that reminds me that I’ve had random drops of bay leaves from various trees.

Herb Farms?

notebene.3190

By the way, bay leaves are a rather common drop in my memory, and I do believe they mostly drop in Kryta (Gendarran Fields and Bloodtide Coast).

Thanks for the second part, that’s where I started, and have had some good luck so far.

As far as the wiki, it doesn’t really. I tells you the 3 herb plants they come from, but not if they are more likely to be found on those plants in certain zone ranges vs others. It didn’t seem like it was as easy to discern as something like trying to figure out where you’d get cotton, for example.

Herb Farms?

notebene.3190

I don’t think there is any way to tell. Certain ingredients are level limited such as Snow Truffles and Orrian Truffles being limited to recipes for lvl 80 characters and are thus going to be in level 80 areas. Herbs are very likely to drop from herb sprouts of course, but all from unlikely places like trees. I’m sure we’ve all see pepper corns, cinnamon, and the like from trees. I think part of it reflects that in nature a variety of herbs are from trees.

In fact, that reminds me that I’ve had random drops of bay leaves from various trees.

Really? Just logging trees too? I’ll keep an eye out for that, and be sure not to skip logging any trees as I’m looking for herbs.

Herb Farms?

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

I wish I could farm the bed of mushrooms under the Deathroot Shack in Queensdale. I think someone is up to no good with that cultivation.

Herb Farms?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Really? Just logging trees too? I’ll keep an eye out for that, and be sure not to skip logging any trees as I’m looking for herbs.

You can’t get “herbs” from trees, but you can get some other cooking ingredients such as cinnamon and walnuts. I don’t believe I’ve ever gotten peppercorns from a tree.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Herb Farms?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

You can’t get “herbs” from trees, but you can get some other cooking ingredients such as cinnamon and walnuts. I don’t believe I’ve ever gotten peppercorns from a tree.

I’ve definitely gotten pepper from trees (seeing as pepper grows in trees) and bay leaves too. I’ve been on a logging bender as I need lots of wood for ascended crafting

Herb Farms?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Sorry, gotta call BS on both those claims….trees give logs, cinnamon, walnuts and hidden bundles (rarely)……it’s possible THOSE have those items when opened, but wiki states they only contain gemstones. Never gotten Pepper or Bay Leaves (or any other herb) from trees that I can ever recall. I log every tree I see on the min-map since Beta.

Low level ones can give amber as well.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Herb Farms?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’ve definitely gotten pepper from trees (seeing as pepper grows in trees) and bay leaves too. I’ve been on a logging bender as I need lots of wood for ascended crafting

You must be mistaken. You can’t get herbs or peppercorns from trees in game. You can get bay leaves from certain supply bags that drop, but that’s the only place you’ll find them other than Herb Seedling or Young Herb nodes.

Herb Farms?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Thanks for the second part, that’s where I started, and have had some good luck so far.

As far as the wiki, it doesn’t really. I tells you the 3 herb plants they come from, but not if they are more likely to be found on those plants in certain zone ranges vs others. It didn’t seem like it was as easy to discern as something like trying to figure out where you’d get cotton, for example.

I was working on making a catalog of all the different herb nodes and what they dropped on which map. I’ve stopped since I don’t play the game much anymore and I don’t really need the information but you can get Bay Leaves in …

Gendarran Fields
- a good place is just outside the Vigil Keep, there should be 2 or 3 nodes nearby
- Cornucopian Fields, Ascalon Settlement and Nebo Terrace will often have herb nodes as well but those are not as reliable as the area near vigil kep
Kessex Hills
Harathi Hinterlands
- check Shieldbluff Waypoint [&BKYAAAA=], it will often have a herb node nearby and if you head north across the water there is often another one there too, even if there isn’t there are also the root vegetable which can give yams and gummo for soft wood

Herb Farms?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, herbs do not drop from trees. There are only two cooking mats that drop from trees: Cinnamon (from T1 trees) and Walnuts (from T2 trees).