House of Caithe trophy

House of Caithe trophy

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

So, when you enter the House of Caithe you find a number puzzle?? on the table that “gives” you a trophy, account bound and annotated as follows:
((463874)) ((464312))

Anyone have any clues what this is about??

House of Caithe trophy

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have no idea what the numbers mean but before when things have been added to the game that have their name in double brackets it means it’s a testing item (or temp text) that’s not supposed to have made it into the actual game.

It happens occasionally when there’s an update. And NPC will be called ((Mayor)) instead of Mayor Wilkins for example. (Random example, I don’t think that’s a real character.) On one memorable occasion an entire category of achievements was added 2 weeks early in spite of being called ((DELETE ME)).

In this case my guess is it’s something to do with the expansion that was accidentally copied over when they added the demo content for the stress test yesterday.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

House of Caithe trophy

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I just tested this out. Got a weird numbered item “trophy” too. A while ago Caithe’s house was not enter-able.

Agreed with Danikat; possibly an accident.

Eitherway, whenever something has the double (( )) it usually means to be decided, may change, not 100% certain etc.

Side-note: I’ve never been in Caithe’s house before but jeeze it’s bare ‘n’ boring… don’t got no board games where the fridge at and is that some sort of WHITE POWDER on the table gurlll whatchu been rollin thar?

Attachments:

House of Caithe trophy

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There’s more, over on her little desk there’s an open book that has a folded piece of paper in it that is also numbers in parentheses. The book is at least currently titled “Long Distance Relationships: 10 Ways to Make it Work.”

That may have been there forever and the folded paper is all that’s new, I dunno, I’ve not explored her home for years.

House of Caithe trophy

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

My bets are on that this will be part of the new precursor collection system.

House of Caithe trophy

Posted by: Victuswolf.5286

Victuswolf.5286

Just had this happen today. Now I have a numbered note that’s account bound. weird!

Anet are you fixing this?

House of Caithe trophy

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

There’s more, over on her little desk there’s an open book that has a folded piece of paper in it that is also numbers in parentheses. The book is at least currently titled “Long Distance Relationships: 10 Ways to Make it Work.”

If the book is open, how can you read the title?

House of Caithe trophy

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Aiiiiiee you punctured my suspension of disbelief! You cad!

(Serious answer that you probably already know: there is a popup window that tells you the title of any book you examine).