How long are free server transfers going to last?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Evolution.1758

Evolution.1758

I’m in a painful situation. I have two groups of friends who’ve settled into two different worlds and put down strong enough roots that they’re not going to be moving any time soon. I want to play with both of them. But I only get one world. This is forcing me to make the decision “Which Group of friends would you like to alienate?” The answer is going to boil down to which group plays the game more often and has the most active guild. I need to know how long I’ve got to make the choice.
I’d really like to know if there’s going to be a way to get access to a second server without buying a second copy of the game. I’d be happy to pay for access to a second server as long as it’s significantly less than $60. I’m also annoyed that NCsoft may be making money off of my suffering. -_-

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

You can play with friends by using the guesting feature. When they turn on guesting they will turn off free transfers. Guesting will let you play with your friends but you will not be able to play in WvWvW with the group on the server you don’t pick as a home server.

Posted by: Evolution.1758

Evolution.1758

This helps some, thanks. How much notice will we get when they switch to guesting?

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

We have not provided information yet on when free World transfers will end. Stay tuned.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Slayer pro.5916

Slayer pro.5916

Other than WvW, you can do everything you want with both of your friends (leveling, storyline, dungeons, etc.) You simply invite them to a party and join them in a overflow server. There shouldn’t be any problem. Also this feature was added by Anet to make things easier for you, and not to ‘make money off of your suffering’.

Posted by: Galadeon.6513

Galadeon.6513

Other than WvW, you can do everything you want with both of your friends (leveling, storyline, dungeons, etc.) You simply invite them to a party and join them in a overflow server. There shouldn’t be any problem. Also this feature was added by Anet to make things easier for you, and not to ‘make money off of your suffering’.

Except that Guild upgrades ARE server specific. You have to be on the SAME server to use the upgrades. Guild renown you earned is server specific.

Posted by: Rynter.3975

Rynter.3975

We have not provided information yet on when free World transfers will end. Stay tuned.

Excellent. Please give us at least a few days heads up though, I’d like to transfer with my guild to a smaller server if the WvW queue issue isn’t resolved by then.