How to get to Hearth of Maguuma?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SpaceJamJs.1078

SpaceJamJs.1078

Hello fellaz, i’m new and i wanna know how can i get to Hearth of Maguuma? are there quests to be done to get access? and if so which ones. Is there a portal to get there? i’ve been searching for concrete information on google but nothing.

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Hello,

normally you start at Brisban Wildlands, that is the territory north of Metrica Province (Asura starting zone) and northwest Caledon Forest (Sylvari starting zone). Then you head north-west towards Fort Vandal. A large open area filled with bandits, mines a giant fort. Go to the fort to enter the Silverwastes.

You spawn at Camp Resolve and after a small cutscene, you head to the southern exit. Go west, hugg the wall to the south until you reach Amber Sandfall camp. Next to this, west of the camp, should be a small hole in the wall. Get in and make your way up to the gate. Now you are in Verdant Brink, the first map of Heart of Maguuma.

Link
The first listed entry is the wiki page of Heart of Maguuma. The first paragraph is “Getting there.” It explains the way detailed from Silverwastes. If you do not know where that is, you click on Silverwastes and read the paragraph for “Getting there.”

The second or third entry on google is a video on youtube, showing you directly where to walk.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

(edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m not sure you can enter Verdant Brink via the Silverwastes sw portal as described until you’ve done the relatively short HoT LS intro chapter, which will hand-lead you through plus open up masteries for you, which you will need to do the HoT map content.

However, one option you would have for skipping the story would be to join a guild that has the Lost Precipice guild hall. Go to the guild hall, and run south and up the stairs to the portal out to Verdant Brink. You’ll be in a small area that you can’t really leave without knowing how to glide, but if you scroll the map east you’ll see that you’ve unlocked the entry WP for VB.

For the story, what you do is open your Hero Panel, click the star tab for Personal Story, scroll to HoT, and tell it to activate that chapter. You’ll have to get into the Silverwastes and head to the south entrance of the Red fort to enter the story. From there you’ll be led through to VB, including doing the intro story in VB and getting your first mastery point, ready to spend on gliding once you advance your XP enough in VB.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you are new, I would suggest you park any characters you might have used a L80 Boost on, and level up a character normally in Core Tyria. Follow the Personal Story, acquire Gems for Living World Season Two, and then enter the Heart of Maguuma.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Donari, you don’t need to do the story first.

OP, if you’re new, going straight to HoT will make for a frustrating experience since it’s tuned for more experienced players.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA